Read all the signs Ross and youll see

1. GTR
2. Forza
3. Need for Speed
4. Gran Turismo

They have some humor or take a big risk in getting this thrown back at them when the title disappoints and can't get close to the success of the other three. But funny it is.

Yeah I noticed that, jus thought why 9.7? They could of made it 30,40,50+ seconds ahead, so I dunno - just a guess.

The ability to control your driver, be the driver. When you enter a server, you will be controlling your driver, in FPS mode. You can walk anywhere on paddock, then when you need to drive, you go and hop into your car. Every animation is shown, then it's a driving game.

While in paddock, you can see other players' drivers around. Chat them, taunt or congrulatuate with some emotes. But of course there will be off limits and when another driver's car goes on you, you will be ghosted.

Pretty useless and too much extra idea, but would be nice would'nt it? Perhaps in more future sims...:)

I actually would like to see better written code for the network module. Come on we all know that IOCP can handle 1000 clients easy. So why not allowing at least a grid of 100 drivers? Even I wrote the network module for a MMORPG, which can handle lots of clients.

The problem is not the number of clients although more would be nice. For me more important is to improve the prediction algorithms that are used to decide when 2 cars have touched. this is always a difficult thing due to varying latencies of drivers but some other games do it much much better than the current crop of SimBin titles imo.

The ability to control your driver, be the driver. When you enter a server, you will be controlling your driver, in FPS mode. You can walk anywhere on paddock, then when you need to drive, you go and hop into your car. Every animation is shown, then it's a driving game.

While in paddock, you can see other players' drivers around. Chat them, taunt or congrulatuate with some emotes. But of course there will be off limits and when another driver's car goes on you, you will be ghosted.

Pretty useless and too much extra idea, but would be nice would'nt it? Perhaps in more future sims...:)

GTR Sims?? :D

And on that it would be cool to create your driver with appearance and all and then have a podium after the race.

+1 Omer, absolutely love that idea! Would be super neat to run in the paddock. Go to your truck or hospitality unit and sit there with friends for a chat :). A bit of a Test Drive Unlimited feeling in a sim. Nothing wrong with that.

Have a nice massage off the team therapy person. Oh and you get the driver nervous and you have to go to the loo too :tongue:

a demolition derby mode
fully functioing safety car
space for about 300+ cars [if needed]
rocket launchers
team radio
driver changes
classic lemans start?

One of my mates had a emailing with Nissan, because he wanted Blueprints of the GTR GT1.
He told us, that Nissan thought he would be from Simbin, and he said, that he got secret informations about Race Pro 2, wich isnt announced till yet. So if there is a GTR GT1 in Race Pro 2, it is logicaly that GTR3 will be the game arround the FIA GT1 WC!!!

One of my mates had a emailing with Nissan, because he wanted Blueprints of the GTR GT1.
He told us, that Nissan thought he would be from Simbin, and he said, that he got secret informations about Race Pro 2, wich isnt announced till yet. So if there is a GTR GT1 in Race Pro 2, it is logicaly that GTR3 will be the game arround the FIA GT1 WC!!!

Why would Nissan unveil secret information about a simbin product to somebody they think is working for SimBin? Highly unlikely that there will be a Race Pro 2 imo after the not so smooth release of Race Pro. Also it has not been announced that FIA GT1 will be in GTR3. The only thing we got for now is a screenshot of a pitlane :)

Would be nice to hear some more information about the upcoming game.

He told us, that Nissan thought he would be from Simbin, and he said, that he got secret informations about Race Pro 2, wich isnt announced till yet.

That does sound rather strange..perhaps Nissan confirmed the existence of Race Pro 2 with an answer they gave :confused: I know Badned of Forza Central stated many months ago to expect RP 2....time will tell :D

Anyway, it just so happens that I emailed the SimBin web manager two days ago, asking nicely (an important but overlooked aspect of email communications) if or when one could expect further news/updates from SimBin as their Twitter and Facebook sites have been silent for far too long. I expressed concern that GTR 3 might get lost in the sea of upcoming driving games (rFactor 2, F1 2010, GT5 etc) because of the lack of updates/screenshots/news.
The quote below comes straight from the keyboard of Mikkel Gram-Hansen:

"I’m also the one updating Twitter and FaceBook and believe me I am dying to share something.. anything ;)

Issue is that we are working on things that we can’t really hint at yet, so there is no news worth mentioning at the moment and it might be a while before we get in a position to start sharing anything.

We might be quiet.. but damn we are busy ;)"

I trust the helps those like myself awaiting any form of news regarding SimBin's upcoming projects. Please note that I don't bombard SimBin with requests for information; my last email was back in April and I'm very appreciative & respectful of the fact that Mikkel takes the time to respond to my emails.

Cheers

Curiouser and curiouser :)

If I were Simbin I would not try to compete with GT5 or F1 2010 in terms of publicity - they don't have the resources to do it. I'd wait till they are out and then start my publicity campaign. However, Mikkel doesn't give the impression this is the reason. And why can't they anounce either the iOpener element or the FIA GT1 lecense? They seem so obvious - nothing top secret here.

Maybe Bram is right and the next GTR isn't going to be what we think it is :)

An improved GTR2 would be enough for me (with driver swap functionality :)). I really liked the 3-clicks-and-you-are-on-track with GTR2. Simple but very effective interface.

Combine the good parts from the RACE series and the functionality of GTR2 with some upgraded grafical stuff and it will be a winner again.

Why not? If you want to combine 3 parts and you own 2, that doesn´t sound that hard...

In my opnion SIMBIN needs to decide what public they want to reach, becaus eif they try to get the arcade fans and the simulator fans (as they have done with the Race series) they will loose both sides. To me the only option SIMBIN have is focusing in the Sim Racers with an improved version of GTR2... if they go to the race series again sim racers will go to rF2 and arcarde fans will go to F1 2010 and GT5.

There is a nother race they should join right now, and try to score a podium. I think they should start releasing some screenshots and ingame footage as rFactor guys did, or people will be more focused on rF as we know nothing about GTR3.

My view.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Porsche

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • BMW

• McLaren

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Toyota

• Intel

Votes: 2 25.0%