Resource icon

Tracks High Force v1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
You have already done the hard part. You can now just run CM and drag the latest version (or any version) from here https://acstuff . ru/patch/ Remove the spaces. This is similar to a lot of cars and tracks but beware sometimes you need to manually install mods.

It has been years since I had to do this, but I think an even easier option is to go here and just download+enable CSP right there in your CM settings page:

View attachment 444247
Thanks, I think I already have CSP, I was just wondering about the patch someone (ly993) said they made for this High Force track that improves graphics. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? Probably the latter lol, I'm a slow learner.

Thanks again mate

Thanks, I think I already have CSP, I was just wondering about the patch someone (ly993) said they made for this High Force track that improves graphics. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? Probably the latter lol, I'm a slow learner.

Thanks again mate
I assume they are referring to CSP - Custom Shaders Patch. If you look through the settings page you will see a huge list of potential improvements for Assetto Corsa, mostly graphics. Beware that a lot of the settings are FPS hungry though so a lot of it can be trial and error. I don't think this is the place to go into detail but there are many places that will help out, including the official CSP Discord server :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I assume they are referring to CSP - Custom Shaders Patch. If you look through the settings page you will see a huge list of potential improvements for Assetto Corsa, mostly graphics. Beware that a lot of the settings are FPS hungry though so a lot of it can be trial and error. I don't think this is the place to go into detail but there are many places that will help out, including the official CSP Discord server :thumbsup:
Cheers mate, that's plenty of help, sometimes it just takes a point in the right direction.

Happy racing pal

Thank you for this code makes the map look stunning!! just a question, does this code work for other maps or just this one specifically??
There's a really helpful video out there on the Tubes on how to make the code for different tracks. That's how I learned how to do it.

In a nutshell, the code seeks to apply the rain effect to certain surfaces. Since a lot of surfaces have similar names, like "road-01" "grayroad-02" and "road-02", you can instruct the game to look for surfaces with the word "road" in the name by putting a question mark before and after that word.

Different types of surfaces need different effects like shiny surfaces such as roadside windows and banners, vs things like concrete vs blacktop. So you can apply different effects to different surfaces. And that's what the different categories are.

There's an app called the Object viewer or something that allows you to find the names of the surfaces. You can also use it to click on something to get coordinates for streaming drops effects.

You just have to be careful with those question marks that you don't put the same thing into different categories. So you'll have to test and make sure the game doesn't crash. A problematic situation could be if the track maker created surfaces for a window and the ground called "windowtrack" and "track-01" for example. If you applied one effect to "?track?" and a different effect to "?window?", you would be applying two different effects to the "windowtrack" surface which would cause a crash probably.

Here's a video with extremely annoying music that goes through a lot of the steps. It's not the video I used, which I can't find, but it should give you the basics:

Last edited:
There's a really helpful video out there on the Tubes on how to make the code for different tracks. That's how I learned how to do it.

In a nutshell, the code seeks to apply the rain effect to certain surfaces. Since a lot of surfaces have similar names, like "road-01" "grayroad-02" and "road-02", you can instruct the game to look for surfaces with the word "road" in the name by putting a question mark before and after that word.

Different types of surfaces need different effects like shiny surfaces such as roadside windows and banners, vs things like concrete vs blacktop. So you can apply different effects to different surfaces. And that's what the different categories are.

There's an app called the Object viewer or something that allows you to find the names of the surfaces. You can also use it to click on something to get coordinates for streaming drops effects.

You just have to be careful with those question marks that you don't put the same thing into different categories. So you'll have to test and make sure the game doesn't crash. A problematic situation could be if the track maker created surfaces for a window and the ground called "windowtrack" and "track-01" for example. If you applied one effect to "?track?" and a different effect to "?window?", you would be applying two different effects to the "windowtrack" surface which would cause a crash probably.

Here's a video with extremely annoying music that goes through a lot of the steps. It's not the video I used, which I can't find, but it should give you the basics:

Damn this is mad helpful dude thank you! lifesaver!!

I can run the track fine with one car in practice mode, but when I add my usual stable of cars for a track day the load hangs indefinitely after all cars have loaded, the boot message is reading "initializing weather FX - creating volume texture" when the hang happens. Task manager shows a 4% CPU load at this point.. (This stable of cars works fine with other tracks.)

I am using the recommended stable CSP 0.1.60 and added the highforce.ini posted above in the discussion to assettocorsa\content\tracks\highforce\extension, renaming it as ext_config.ini and adding the line
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS=1
to this ini file as there was another highforce.ini file already in the main highforce track folder.

Any ideas for a fix?

If you're trying to add the rain stuff that I posted, you will need the "preview" CSP version which is only available on Ilja's Patreon page. I'm guessing that's the problem because it hangs at initializing weather.

If removing that doesn't work, try adding in your usual cars that you drive with one by one. Some of the mod cars are surprisingly heavily taxing because of lack of optimization and on smaller tracks it's NBD but on larger tracks, it can be an issue.

If none of that works, try using the original config but I would move it to your extension folder and rename it ext_config.ini and then if it works, add to that file with any new config stuff that you want to add (except the rain until you get the preview patch).

Hope this helps.

If you're trying to add the rain stuff that I posted, you will need the "preview" CSP version which is only available on Ilja's Patreon page. I'm guessing that's the problem because it hangs at initializing weather.

If removing that doesn't work, try adding in your usual cars that you drive with one by one. Some of the mod cars are surprisingly heavily taxing because of lack of optimization and on smaller tracks it's NBD but on larger tracks, it can be an issue.

If none of that works, try using the original config but I would move it to your extension folder and rename it ext_config.ini and then if it works, add to that file with any new config stuff that you want to add (except the rain until you get the preview patch).

Hope this helps.
Thanks for that, I am not running your rain code, as I have to use the stable version of CSP, none of the betas available through CM work properly for me. As indicated previously I am using the posted highforce.ini from this discussion thread which is supposed to work with the stable 0.1.60 CSP. I will try your suggestions anyways. Might be a CPU thread load issue as I am Win7 with an older i7 2600k CPU.

It might be your older system. If you want a semi-nuclear option, upgrade to Windows 10. I've found it's much more stable than Windows 7 in general, though it is more "mac" like which makes finding things more difficult for the first few days/weeks. Haha.

Try using the configs you mentioned and then load the same number of cars, but this time don't use any mod cars, only Kunos cars. If that works, then you know the issue is with one of the cars.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 481 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 292 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 145 21.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 188 27.3%
Back