HistorX Mod Version 1.96 & DL link

As a avid GTL club racer im always on the look out for the next GTL, and after a good few days testing with fellow club drivers im very impressed with this mod,
I feel it may be a successor to GTL for a club racing, the ffb is very good with the real feel plugin, superb sounds from the cars plenty of well made liveries and a great selection of cars to choose from.

Who is driving this mod would any be interested in using this mod for club racing, with the added bonus
of other content from Rfactor to be used once in a while for fun nights, If we get enough interest i will consider running a few test nights to see how it all comes together as a package.

HistorX mod Click me
to install you will need to follow the instruction but it nice and simple,

As HistorX has a torrent file to download it from, I've uploaded it to my mega account also
here is a link to historX

Part 1
Click Me
Part 2
Click Me
Readme and instructions (please read them before and after installing
Click Me updated 23/03/2017

if you have any problems please use this thread to ask for help
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/historx-mod-version-1-96.80620/

hint and tips for the mod
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/historx-hints-and-tips.83442/

Last edited:
90% of our GTL club do the same, That's what makes these cars feel so special.
i don't even like using them in the modern cars that have them as standard..
to me there is just something about a manual change of gears , so much more rewarding.
i found out about what Jarek was saying by mistake after reading about the screen flicker with the grinding tranny so i assigned a button to it and kept missing gears for a few days, i still do every now and again :roflmao:

For me its all about the driving. ;)

I just found out (after years of driving HistorX) that although the grinding tranny mod is by default activated, you have to map "neutral" to any key on your keyboard (or anywhere else) for it to work.
Some guys online where wondering why i downshift faster, told me about this and it completely changes the game! Now it not only grinds, but also won't engage gear if revs aren't matched.
Much, much harder to drive, pretty much undrivable for me since i can't heel & toe properly in socks.

i just tried that and imo its not very realistic, to do an up shift i had to press the clutch fully wait maybe half a second before changing gear then wait maybe another half a second before releasing the clutch fully then put the power on otherwise the gearbox stay in neutral. i mean even if its a racing gearbox it still remain a fully mechanical gearbox meaning when you press the clutch and put the lever in the next gear the gear is in and lock so there's no going back in neutral and since i can't heel and toe on the downshift its make the car undrivable.

I use grinding tranny, heel and toe and all with the H-Shifter.

I do too, but you have to map neutral for the grinding tranny mod to work and then it becomes VERY hard to not miss a shift.

90% of our GTL club do the same, That's what makes these cars feel so special.
i don't even like using them in the modern cars that have them as standard..
to me there is just something about a manual change of gears , so much more rewarding.
i found out about what Jarek was saying by mistake after reading about the screen flicker with the grinding tranny so i assigned a button to it and kept missing gears for a few days, i still do every now and again :roflmao:

For me its all about the driving. ;)

You are right and it's kind of unfair if not everyone is using it. But honestly as much as i try it's almost undriveable with my current setup (socks on standard G27 pedals).
I don't use the autoblip upgrade either.
But i doubt most racers on sunday had their neutral mapped, at least noone around me was missing shifts.

i just tried that and imo its not very realistic, to do an up shift i had to press the clutch fully wait maybe half a second before changing gear then wait maybe another half a second before releasing the clutch fully then put the power on otherwise the gearbox stay in neutral.
Not sure whether or not you are doing something wrong... I can shift just fine in the blink of an eye with CSR Elite pedals and a TH8RS shifter, which all have longer throws than Logitech stuff.

Maybe try to adjust the .ini file of the plugin ? You can change the clutch threshold from 0.9 (90% pressure) to what you want. Something like 0.75 would make sense.

I do too, but you have to map neutral for the grinding tranny mod to work and then it becomes VERY hard to not miss a shift.
I did a long time ago. Ever since I've started simracing in 2011 I've right foot braked and used the H-Shifter in cars that need it, for me it's a walk in the park to work the pedals and gate :)

It's not the throw or the shifter, i just can't push the throttle deep enough with the side of my foot while braking. Are you driving in shoes or socks? Never tried the CSR Elite pedals so i don't know if i'd have similiar problems with those.

In AC for example i brake with the right foot too, since the gear will still engage but unsettle the car a bit when revs aren't matched.

Edit: Sorry, just saw that you were talking to Yves about the throw.

i just read a very interesting write up on how a transmission really work and i was wrong when i said that when you put the lever in a gear position that the gear is locked, in today's car have synchro that help with the gear change but as the article say in old cars and specially old racing cars the transmission doesn't have synchro so you have to use the double clutch technic in order to make a gear change. for those who don't know what is the double clutch technic and i want to clarify that its how i understand it so i might be wrong again, so the technic is simple you press the clutch go to neutral release the clutch press the clutch again and go to the next gear and while doing that you have to maintain a predefine RPM in order the gear to and the thing that ingage the gear to rotate at the same speed otherwise the gear won't ingage. if you want to read all about it here's the link to the site its very well explain with video's and diagram.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/transmission2.htm

I'm aware those cars have unsynchronised gearboxes, but somehow i thought it should grind, then engage.
Already thinking if buying some racing shoes will be enough or if i'll have to come up with a pedal mod, if everyone is using grinding tranny in the club, i don't want to have an advantage by not using it.
But as it's stands now, i couldn't sign up at all with it engaged since i'm missing 80% of my downshifts :(.

It's not the throw or the shifter, i just can't push the throttle deep enough with the side of my foot while braking. Are you driving in shoes or socks? Never tried the CSR Elite pedals so i don't know if i'd have similiar problems with those.
Always with socks, lower end pedals like that are too soft to drive with shoes. I used to have G27 pedals and could H&T just fine. Try moving the brake to the right and throttle to the left. (the pedal face)

i just read a very interesting write up on how a transmission really work and i was wrong when i said that when you put the lever in a gear position that the gear is locked, in today's car have synchro that help with the gear change but as the article say in old cars and specially old racing cars the transmission doesn't have synchro so you have to use the double clutch technic in order to make a gear change. for those who don't know what is the double clutch technic and i want to clarify that its how i understand it so i might be wrong again, so the technic is simple you press the clutch go to neutral release the clutch press the clutch again and go to the next gear and while doing that you have to maintain a predefine RPM in order the gear to and the thing that ingage the gear to rotate at the same speed otherwise the gear won't ingage. if you want to read all about it here's the link to the site its very well explain with video's and diagram.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/transmission2.htm
Some cars, even without synchros, if you just blipped normally while clutching once the gear would go in.

Others though wouldn't be so easy, and required double-clutching still:

4th gear
Brake and press the clutch when you want to downshift
Put neutral and let go of the clutch, blip
Back on the clutch and put 3rd gear

I do it often in my car (94' MX-5), even if simple blipping is all it needs. All of that takes less than a second :)

4th gear
Brake and press the clutch when you want to downshift
Put neutral and let go of the clutch, blip
Back on the clutch and put 3rd gear

I do it often in my car (94' MX-5), even if simple blipping is all it needs. All of that takes less than a second :)

i would need to have a third foot to be able to do that on the downshift :roflmao: i'm a left foot braker meaning if i want to press the clutch on the downshift i have to release the brake pedal and if i would brake with the right foot it means that i would also have to release the brake pedal to blip the throttle as i said before i can't use the full H&T technic as i don,t have the dexterity to do it so i'm using auto clutch for the downshift so i can blip the throttle.

Always with socks, lower end pedals like that are too soft to drive with shoes. I used to have G27 pedals and could H&T just fine. Try moving the brake to the right and throttle to the left. (the pedal face)

How's everyday walking with fat feet? Just kidding, i might have to try that on my actual G27 pedals, i wrote G27 but still got my old G25 ones hooked up to the new wheel, since they're plug and play and i stiffened the brake considerably.
But you can't move the plates on those, so i guess i'll do a bigger rig overhaul when my dsd miniplate arrives.

btw: I love Miatas, had a great '93 limited edition (7500 worldwide) NA, then a '99 NB in the same color as yours which i crashed in the rain (that's how i learned to NEVER DRINK & DRIVE, kids!).
CIMG26781.jpg

Sorry for offtopic.

Last edited:
i would need to have a third foot to be able to do that on the downshift :roflmao: i'm a left foot braker meaning if i want to press the clutch on the downshift i have to release the brake pedal and if i would brake with the right foot it means that i would also have to release the brake pedal to blip the throttle as i said before i can't use the full H&T technic as i don,t have the dexterity to do it so i'm using auto clutch for the downshift so i can blip the throttle.

You don't have to use autoclutch, if you don't have neutral mapped. I drive exactly the same way without autoclutch ;).

Guys drive the sim how you want to,
if you want to disengage the grinding tranny please do so..
its the same as what cockpit or bonnet view its up to you.
Remember its about having fun.
the 90 % i quoted was driving with a stick H pattern, i would be surprised if all have mapped the neutral. It is hard work i agree, and at times a bit frustrating.. I still miss a few gears.
its not something i can control or would want force on you guys..
and i'm not going to look at every replay to see how quick the shifts are and then start pointing fingers..:)

Guys drive the sim how you want to,
if you want to disengage the grinding tranny please do so..
its the same as what cockpit or bonnet view its up to you.
Remember its about having fun.
the 90 % i quoted was driving with a stick H pattern, i would be surprised if all have mapped the neutral. It is hard work i agree, and at times a bit frustrating.. I still miss a few gears.
its not something i can control or would want force on you guys..
and i'm not going to look at every replay to see how quick the shifts are and then start pointing fingers..:)

That is nice and all, but it feels awfully wrong to pull away from people just because you don't have it engaged, knowing that the same person would be lapping you by now if you drove under the same conditions.
While you'd be rolling along and stirring in the gearbox trying to find a gear.

@William Levesque I saw those pics, looks like fun :thumbsup:

i just read a very interesting write up on how a transmission really work and i was wrong when i said that when you put the lever in a gear position that the gear is locked, in today's car have synchro that help with the gear change but as the article say in old cars and specially old racing cars the transmission doesn't have synchro

Every car included in GT Legends has a synchromesh gearbox, and most if not all the cars in Historx which do not come from GTL also had synchromesh like the Porsche 904 and Ferrari 250 GTO.

The racing cars referred to are presumably Formula cars of the period and some prototypes.

Well, I must say, I never heard for grinding tranny mod before Jarek mentioned it here and I must also say, grinding tranny mod puts HistorX on much higher driving (racing if you want) level. That is now something, I was looking for a long time and I was sure, only AC will offer it and that˙s punishment for wrong shifting, if you don˙t use proper technique. Even I am now a bit slower than before, I will never go back and I will use only that way of shifting, because it is really amazing feeling, even when you hear your noisily mistake in gearbox of the car.
I have one suggestion, which maybe give interest to use that option to more people. Anyone who uses grinding tranny mod, may write that on sign up request and mods give that group of drivers same car to drive it in race 1 and after in race 2 also.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.4%