HistorX Mod Version 1.96 & DL link

As a avid GTL club racer im always on the look out for the next GTL, and after a good few days testing with fellow club drivers im very impressed with this mod,
I feel it may be a successor to GTL for a club racing, the ffb is very good with the real feel plugin, superb sounds from the cars plenty of well made liveries and a great selection of cars to choose from.

Who is driving this mod would any be interested in using this mod for club racing, with the added bonus
of other content from Rfactor to be used once in a while for fun nights, If we get enough interest i will consider running a few test nights to see how it all comes together as a package.

HistorX mod Click me
to install you will need to follow the instruction but it nice and simple,

As HistorX has a torrent file to download it from, I've uploaded it to my mega account also
here is a link to historX

Part 1
Click Me
Part 2
Click Me
Readme and instructions (please read them before and after installing
Click Me updated 23/03/2017

if you have any problems please use this thread to ask for help
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/historx-mod-version-1-96.80620/

hint and tips for the mod
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/historx-hints-and-tips.83442/

Last edited:
Lou, the game is a mod for rFactor 1. It's based on content from GTL. In order to gain permission for the mod from Simbin, it was agreed that anybody wishing to run HiistorX, should own a copy of GTL. Hope this clarifies things for you. Beam me up! ;)

You need a valid copy of GTL and rfactor and then the mod. All it does once installed is give you a new user interface on the rfactor engine..when installing the mod it does a file check of GTL
and then installs the mod into rfactor

Lou, the game is a mod for rFactor 1. It's based on content from GTL. In order to gain permission for the mod from Simbin, it was agreed that anybody wishing to run HiistorX, should own a copy of GTL. Hope this clarifies things for you. Beam me up! ;)

Thanks for the clarification Denis and Rupe.

I have rFactor but I don't own GTL - do own GTR2 though. Guessing that won't work though with the Mod.

I see its $8 on Steam.

Edited to add - LOL Thanks Ole - I just checked there.

Thanks for your patience with all my questions - is GTL worth buying for HistoricX?

Energizing!

Last edited:

Thanks for your patience with all my questions - is GTL worth buying for HistoricX?

I did when GTL was still 15 Euro and never regretted it!
If you don't like HistorX and own GTR2 you can use GTL also to install Power & Glory. It uses mostly the same models, physics by Aris (Assetto Corsa physics guy) and is also very good.
I prefer HistorX though as the P&G cars are too grippy in my opinion.

I finally managed to get this to work, but what I found was that you had to use Ctrl + Space to turn off GID from within the driving view (at the track) before exiting the track. I couldn't get the GID info to turn off from within the replay screens or any other Menu screens for the game.

XD by Vitumo does not overlay during replays, you guys keep talking about GID when XD is better, GID is low res, with terrible graphics. Also you can renamthe d3d9.dll & adjust the .ini file to match therefore you can use grouped d3d9.dll's.

XD by Vitumo does not overlay during replays, you guys keep talking about GID when XD is better,

I know about XD, I've been using it for years with GTL and Race 07.
However, I've been reading in the HistorX Forums that XD doesn't work properly with HistorX, specifically that the Engine Life info doesn't work correctly, and this is probably the only reason I want an overlay.

Can someone confirm that XD actually gives correct Engine Life data with HistorX???

Most of us know about XD as have used it of years with GTL and can be used in conjunction with a other plugins
I also use it with GTR2, PnGv3
The guys that tried it with HistorX had a issue were the engine health was not at 100% so they looked at alternatives and the GID plugin was suggested which we all seem to have adopted.

For me i found the start lights feature was really nice which XD does not have..
Swings and roundabout at the end of the day what ever floats your boat.:)

ninjad by Warren:ninja::ninja:

XD by Vitumo does not overlay during replays, you guys keep talking about GID when XD is better, GID is low res, with terrible graphics. Also you can renamthe d3d9.dll & adjust the .ini file to match therefore you can use grouped d3d9.dll's.
Mick, have you got a link for XD that works with this mod. I have tried the Vitumo and No Grip versions, but unable to get XD to work.On my other installs of rFactor no problem:thumbsup:

So bought GTL and installed HistoriX. Only had time to set up the suggested FFB & AI settings and test out one car quickly but I was impressed with the physics, FFB, sound, Menu design - very nice with the period background music.

The 4GB Memory Mod was a revelation to me and worth the whole experience last night. I quickly tried it with several other non-racing sim games and loved the decreased loading times etc.

This weekend I fiddle around with the other apps for monitoring engine temp etc. Need to dive into this sim a lot more.

I definitely have too many racing sims and not nearly enough time! :confused:

Last edited:
I use the latest XD straight from the Vitumo site.

I have no issues with engine data, when the graphic runs to 0% = burning engine no problem at all.
Although I also notice that during the weekend the engine health decreases in quite large jumps toward the race start, leaving me with around 10-15% left for the race itself.

Hi Mick that was the problem some of the guys had noted with it, and as the engine health is important we looked for a more accurate alternative..
We start with 100% and only if you abuse the engine does it drop.
maybe we panic to much about the engine health..
but thanks for the extra info :thumbsup:

Well which is it?
Is the plugin controlling the engine health (very unlikely) or just reporting on it (fact)? cos I thought it was just motec, taking data.
When the graphic reaches Zero Health the engine still burns no data must be correct.
So over the running of a weekend my engine health should not be 10-15%?

Think Ill do a comparison with GID. Ill post my results. Anyone else willing to give it a go will give us a better understanding of the issue.

Well which is it?
Is the plugin controlling the engine health (very unlikely) or just reporting on it (fact)? cos I thought it was just motec, taking data.

The plug-in can only record the data, not control it.
However, for this Sim, the engine management seems much more critical, so therefore it is important to have an accurate readout of the data. Of course, I still don't know what level the engine failure is about to happen, so to me the oil and water temps seem the most important. Watching an accurate reading of the engine life % while driving, is letting me know what the causes of engine failure might be.

I'm still trying to understand some of this stuff in HistorX though. :confused:

I just found out (after years of driving HistorX) that although the grinding tranny mod is by default activated, you have to map "neutral" to any key on your keyboard (or anywhere else) for it to work.
Some guys online where wondering why i downshift faster, told me about this and it completely changes the game! Now it not only grinds, but also won't engage gear if revs aren't matched.
Much, much harder to drive, pretty much undrivable for me since i can't heel & toe properly in socks.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 53 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%