HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

@GTAlpha I have a question for draft? Will it be same order for both drivers or first pick for driver 1 gets last pick for driver 2?

Team name: Red Night
Sponsors: Fiat, Brembo, Schell (no imagination at all) :(
Engine: Ferrari

Last edited:
Team Name
Ram Speed

Sponsors (From @Omer Said it looks like we just pick any random thing we want...so that's what I'll do)
Safeway
Dunkin Donuts
Under Armour

Engine
Mercedes

Last edited:
Yes, exactly. The team order is random for both main drivers. For the test drivers, the order is reshuffled
Thanks for answer. As for upgrades, if I understood, if I have enough money I can by for example Gamma package 5 times? Is it possible to implement all packages at the same race or max 1 package per race?

RULES

Team Signings:

- To enter a team, a team owner must write his/her team name, sponsors, and engine choice. The engine manufacturers are Chevrolet, Ferrari, Mercedes, Honda, Toyota, Renault and Peugeot. To learn more about the engine prices and how many are left, please refer to the Excel document on the first post. Engine rebranding is NOT allowed. Once a manufacturer runs out of engines, a team owner must choose a different type of engine.
- All new teams (or, since this is season 1, all of them) have a budget of £150,000,000 to use between engine deals, car repairs and upgrade packages. The latter will be explained later. The series runs a spec chassis, and the price is £10,000,000.
- Satellite and/or B-teams are 100% allowed, but the team owner who chooses to run a B-team is also the team owner of said B-team. Tobacco liveries, needless to say, are an absolute no go. The template for the car will be available on the first post.

Driver Signings:

- Unlike other offline championships, the FVWC uses a draft system, similar to the one used by sports leagues such as the NBA, NHL, NFL and, in the case of racing, the F1 eSports. The pool is made up by 100 drivers. Because I want to further specify that this is a "virtual" series, a "simracing competition" you might say, all drivers are fictional, and do not have any kind of salary, meaning all the money you will spend is on the car. Also, THE DRAFT STARTS AFTER ALL 14 TEAMS HAVE SIGNED UP.
- The Draft is divided in three rounds, the first round for the first driver, the second round for the second driver and the third round for the test driver. The team order is randomly selected for the first round, but in the second the order of the first is reversed. The order then gets reshuffled for the test drivers.
- Teams must sign two main drivers and a test driver. In case one driver gets fired, but the team owner decides to not promote the test driver and sign a new one, they must refer to the draft pool to sign a new driver.
- When a driver is picked, the team owner must also assign a number, from 2 to 99. The N.1 is given only to the champion, and it's mandatory (so no Lewis Hamilton-esque stuff, got it?).

Upgrade Packages:

- Speaking of Upgrade Packages, there are 4 types of Packages, from Alpha to Delta (again, refer to the Excel file on the first post). Each of them gets better, but the price rises significantly. After the team has selected it's drivers, the team owner then announces which Upgrade Package he/she wants to buy, and in which race wants it to be applied. Upgrade Packages can't be applied to the first three rounds of the championship, only from Round 4 onwards.
- One team can select a maximum of 5 packages, if money, of course, is not an issue, and only one package can be applied on a race.

Other General Rules:

- As said before, 19 races, 14 teams and 28 drivers. 28 drivers will compete the qualifying session, but only 26 of them take part to the race. The two who don't will be considered Did Not Qualify (DNQ for short)
- Points are assigned to the first 15 and system is as it follows: 20-17-15-13-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 (it's the BTCC points system, if you haven't noticed). There are no points for pole position, and or fastest lap and, most importantly, no double points for the final round.
- Races are run at 75% their original distance.
- The champion will be called the "RaceDepartment Formula Virtual World Cup Winner".

If anyone is confused, please ask me for clarifications.

EDIT: Rules Updated.

uRb33hZ.jpg

Not the easiest template to work with (tiny as well), but here's a DTK Racing livery

Hey guys, I decided to take a bit of a break from here. I am a bit too busy lately and I don't really visit the forum much, which not very good for either my performances, my teammates and the moderators. I will still be checking in from time to time, perhaps doing some games that don't require commitment. Important note: I will complete the current seasons in the games I am signed up.

Ok some questions or statements that i need to have confirmed or answered.
:)

We have a budget of £150,000,000.
Because the spec chassis costs £10,000,000 we effectively only have £140,000,000, corrrect?
-
If i run a B-Team - Do i get another 150,000,000 for that team or do i have to manage the budget for both teams? If it is the second option, nobody will take a B-team. If it is the frist, i gladly will name one if we need more participants.
If it is the first option, one budget for two teams... Why not give the B-Team liek half the budget? That way, they truly are a B-team and more peple would run one.
-
Driver pool: Are awe able to see it already or do you only show us the drivers when we got enough teams? Can't find a list atm.
-
Announce Upgrade Packages: Is that public? Do we need to announce evry package for the season? Or can we name anohter upgrade midway through?
Cause otherwise we would only do something at the start of the season and that would be it.
-
Will you provide videos of the races or just spreadsheet/screenshot results?
-
Car repairs:
How much are the costs? When do they apply? What do we have to repair? I found zero info on that.
-
What does CFP mean? I guess something about reliabilty, but i have no idea.
-
Quali and Race Grip performance does not seem to be the same as BHP.
-> Engines cant be upgraded (correct?)
-> Grip can be improved (correct?)
What is the starting value of Grip? If we start at 100, a simple Alpha upgrade would mean a big upgrade. If we start at 5000, 100 is basically nothing.
I have no idea about the values Gbehind the game, thats why i am asking.
-
You mentioned test drivers - Will they drive in practice sessions? If yes, what is the purpose of them? Will we get upgrades or money based on their performance?
If not, what is the purpose of them?
-
Prize money:
Does it count for each driver or just for the better one? (Is it possible to get 7,000,000 if i finish 1-2 or would that be a 4,000,000?)

Thank you very much for clearing some stuff up.
I hope i did not phrase everything poorly, i just quickly wrote what came to my mind.
-

Btw, as i said: I am in with online Racing.

I decided to use Ferrari engines, i think they still are free.
I'll announce my sponsors after i've done the livery. Still unsure about what look i want to get.

Last edited:

No, they are not free :p But welcome to Ferrari group :cool:
Also, where were you in Omer's RD manager, with all those right questions, you would save us a lot of unnecessary discussions there. :roflmao:

As for colors, my car is red and black. I'll post a screenshot when I get home.

Is there a way that we can see the 3D model with the livery?
Something like a car viewer?

Would make work soooo much easier. At least if we'd want to create more complex liverys

@Jimlaad43 Have you used one?

We have a budget of £150,000,000.
Because the spec chassis costs £10,000,000 we effectively only have £140,000,000, corrrect?
-
If i run a B-Team - Do i get another 150,000,000 for that team or do i have to manage the budget for both teams? If it is the second option, nobody will take a B-team. If it is the frist, i gladly will name one if we need more participants.
If it is the first option, one budget for two teams... Why not give the B-Team liek half the budget? That way, they truly are a B-team and more peple would run one.
-
Driver pool: Are awe able to see it already or do you only show us the drivers when we got enough teams? Can't find a list atm.
-
Announce Upgrade Packages: Is that public? Do we need to announce evry package for the season? Or can we name anohter upgrade midway through?
Cause otherwise we would only do something at the start of the season and that would be it.
-
Will you provide videos of the races or just spreadsheet/screenshot results?
-
Car repairs:
How much are the costs? When do they apply? What do we have to repair? I found zero info on that.
-
What does CFP mean? I guess something about reliabilty, but i have no idea.
-
Quali and Race Grip performance does not seem to be the same as BHP.
-> Engines cant be upgraded (correct?)
-> Grip can be improved (correct?)
What is the starting value of Grip? If we start at 100, a simple Alpha upgrade would mean a big upgrade. If we start at 5000, 100 is basically nothing.
I have no idea about the values Gbehind the game, thats why i am asking.
-
You mentioned test drivers - Will they drive in practice sessions? If yes, what is the purpose of them? Will we get upgrades or money based on their performance?
If not, what is the purpose of them?
-
Prize money:
Does it count for each driver or just for the better one? (Is it possible to get 7,000,000 if i finish 1-2 or would that be a 4,000,000?)

Thank you very much for clearing some stuff up.
I hope i did not phrase everything poorly, i just quickly wrote what came to my mind.
-

Btw, as i said: I am in with online Racing.

I'll announce my sponsors after i've done the livery. Still unsure about what look i want to get.

- Yes. The moment you sign up, you effectively buy the chassis.

- Yes, you get another £150,000,000 for the B-team, however it is still treated as a separate entry, meaning you have to manage two budgets separately.

- When all 14 team entries are filled in, then you will see the Draft Pool. It's written in the rules, actually.

- Yes, it's public. And yes, you can name another upgrade midway through the season.

- Spreadsheet.

- They are random, and it all depends on what happens in-game.

- "CFP", in GP2, means "Car Failure Probability", AKA reliability. So yeah, you're right.

- The starting value of the grip depends from driver to driver. It's the GP2 way of saying how good or bad they are. In GP2, a value of a 100 IS A LOT.

- Yes. Test driver can race in practice sessions and during a mid-season testing session done after half of the season is completed. And no, you don't get money or upgrades off of it.

- Both drivers count for the prize money. If your team gets a one-two, then your team earns the amount of money for 1st and 2nd place.

Thank you for the answers!
Some follow-up questions:

- When all 14 team entries are filled in, then you will see the Draft Pool. It's written in the rules, actually.
I would rephrase that, then.
You say, the draft starts after everyone signed up. Not that the driver list will be shown just after that, too.

- Spreadsheet.
So, why do we create liverys? If we never get to see our cars, i will not spent much time on a livery to be honest. And not as much effort.

- They are random, and it all depends on what happens in-game.
Ok, but how much money would a repair cost? What happens if we run out of money?

There's GP2Edit for that. It does have a 3D car viewer.

You know what? Might as well add GP2Edit to the first post so that everyone can see their work on the cars.
Ok, cool.
I don't have the game - Which car model would i need to load up?
Or can you send us a link not only to the program, but also to the car model that we will use?

Also: is there only one car model, since the template you provided only contains one template. I'd assume, we all drive the same chassis then?

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 52 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 33 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%