HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

Thank you for the answers!
Some follow-up questions:

I would rephrase that, then.
You say, the draft starts after everyone signed up. Not that the driver list will be shown just after that, too.

So, why do we create liverys? If we never get to see our cars, i will not spent much time on a livery to be honest. And not as much effort.

Ok, but how much money would a repair cost? What happens if we run out of money?

Ok, cool.
I don't have the game - Which car model would i need to load up?
Or can you send us a link not only to the program, but also to the car model that we will use?

Also: is there only one car model, since the template you provided only contains one template. I'd assume, we all drive the same chassis then?

- I thought that was kinda understandable. My bad :redface:

- I intend making a pre-season preview by showing up all the cars, and get some screenshots for the race reviews.

- Unfortunately, GP2Edit doesn't allow to see your car in the car model we will use (which is the stock one, BTW). And yep, this is because GP2 doesn't allow for visually different chassis for every car like in GP4 (remember, this game was released in 1996. Technology wasn't as good as it was in '01)

- Unfortunately, GP2Edit doesn't allow to see your car in the car model we will use (which is the stock one, BTW). And yep, this is because GP2 doesn't allow for visually different chassis for every car like in GP4 (remember, this game was released in 1996. Technology wasn't as good as it was in '01)
Ahh, ****. No model viewing.

But good idea to put up some Screenshots of each race.

I have no idea if this will even work because GP2 Edit wouldn't open the file after I modified the BMP. But, here it is anyways. I only managed to get Safeway, Under Armour, and Dunkin Donuts on there.

Ram Speed Car Template.jpg

Tried loading up @Jimlaad43's texture (saved as bmp, 8 bit)

Looks like this.
Any idea what causes that problem?

Unbenannta.png

Tried resizing it to a bigger texture so we can have higher resolutioons of the liverys but that wouldnt even load up.
Also only 8 Bit bmp files seem to work.
If i export the original skin and import it it works.
When i save it it looks like that.

How do you guys save the file?
GIMP wouldnt work at all, paint.net worked with 8 bit but only with this mess.

I guess the problem comes from the fact that we are modding on modern programs (and Paint.net is also one of those. I know it sounds weird, but it is.), and these type of files don't go toe to toe.

But, either way, just give me the liveries and the helmets, and I can try and fix it.

wishing to start a new game based on 1986 IndyCar season.

game procedure:
the series will have 33 drivers who completed in 1986 indy 500 competing in the 17 races in the 1986 PPG IndyCar series. each player will pick a driver,who each have a base stats, and the chassis combinations which will add a certain value to the Base stats of the drivers.

the races will be simulated by Xkoranate, a popular sports scorinator.

between races, the players can Upgrade their cars,which can only be done 4 times at this game, and will sometimes fail.

Mote info of the 1986 IndyCar series can be found at:
http://www.champcarstats.com/year/1986.htm

the point will be awarded for the top 20 drivers, with first place getting 20 and second place getting 19 and so on.

Last edited by a moderator:
This seems interesting, too. How will it be different from what we already have? Also, 33 is a lot of players. This forum normally generates 10-12 committed entrants. Maybe we can pick 2 or more drivers, like making a team out of it?

I guess the problem comes from the fact that we are modding on modern programs (and Paint.net is also one of those. I know it sounds weird, but it is.), and these type of files don't go toe to toe.

But, either way, just give me the liveries and the helmets, and I can try and fix it.

The image I loaded here (Post 33) looks exactly right to me, so whatever you need to do to make it work in GP2 is up to you. I don't have much skill in this. The helmet can remain the basic yellow one. Driver 1 will have a green stripe up the center, and Driver 2 with two stripes.

Ok then you will probably have more than half as AI if you really want 33 drivers.
slight change in plans. will be making a forum game about the history of Indy 500 1911 to 2017 instead of just the 1986 season. the procedures are the same except there will be teams. players will choose chassis engines and the drivers at first come first served basis.
the rest is the same.

Yes it is.

in·trigue
verb
/inˈtrēɡ/
  1. arouse the curiosity or interest of; fascinate.
    "I was intrigued by your question"
    synonyms: interest, be of interest to, fascinate, be a source of fascination to, arouse someone's curiosity, engage someone's attention, attract, draw, lure, tempt, tantalize;

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 52 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 33 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%