HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

What a fun 3 days. It was so weird to be at a Closed Door Grand Prix. Walking around areas that usually would have food vans, being near a concert area that was empty and the grandstands that were bare. Once cars were on track though, you didn't really notice until something happened, such as Hamilton's spin in quali. The lack of crowd reaction was really noticeable.

No big screens and no commentary meant we had no idea what was going on elsewhere on the track, so we just had to use osmosis or glance at the Autosport Live commentary if there was a big enough gap in the traffic.

Crazy race. Kvyat's crash was utterly insane, glad he was alright and I hope they stick some tyres on that wall in the future.

The last few laps, absolutely insane. Bottas's tyre down was the first bit of craziness, and then Hamilton's went right in front of me. Due to the lack of commentary I had no idea that was the last lap, so had no idea where he'd finished in the slow down lap.

Absolutely insane and I hope Pirelli don't bottle it and make sure they keep the softer compounds for next week. It will force the teams to 2 or even 3 stop their drivers, which would make the race fantastic!

It's so weird to come home from a Grand Prix and know I'll be going back next week!!!

Forum Racing is about to wrap up, so would anyone be interested if I started up the RPS again? It would be fairly simple this time, just submit your 5 choices and see who wins. Haven't thought of a theme, and the format of the tournament would depend upon the number of entrants. Thanks.

tenor.gif

jokes aside, good to hear you're alright but my condolences to everyone affected

My office has been shuttered again for a spike in COVID here, so I will have more time in my home office getting work done with much less productivity than ever! With that said, I may have some time for creating new games here. A few ideas I've come up with:

1. Battleship Tournament, based on the classic board game of guessing where your opponents ships are and blowing them up.
  2. Risk, which I think would be similar to the original RD Wars but maybe less complicated and with random map generators.
  3. RD Rally Championship, where you set up your car for the best time for a one-shot short off-road course.

Anyways...I'm bored and need to create something new and fun for everyone.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 339 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 214 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 232 47.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 99 20.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 132 27.0%
Back