Honda NSX

Cars Honda NSX 3.6.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
But which cars have the higher speeds? Is that only the EU market? Or is that the max speed of this car at all? I thought this was a tops 250kmh car. I think you will have to explain it "all" sort of say. =) Thank you! =)
We have decided to make the following models:
  • US spec Acura NSX which has a 180mph speedo
  • JDM spec Honda NSX which has a 180kph speedo
EU spec Honda NSX probably has 280kph speedo, at we have no plans for that at this point, sorry.

But which cars have the higher speeds? Is that only the EU market? Or is that the max speed of this car at all? I thought this was a tops 250kmh car. I think you will have to explain it "all" sort of say. =) Thank you! =)
Search for "japan gentlemen's agreement speed limit."

Not sure how you'd go about disabling it for track use on the NSX, if it's just a case of pull a wire; modern cars do it via software. Because of that, the speedos top out at 180km/h as well. We don't have an EUDM NSX in the mod (Did Europe even get the Hondas?), but we do have an Acura for the U.S with a 180mph speedo and historically no speed limit either.

Hello! Im not sure if this already been up here in the forum but...

- Howcome the fps in the main rear mirror is much lower in cockpit mode (wider) than the dashboard mode?

- The new feeling of understeering, is that to be corrected or IS it more correct to the real vehicle? =)

- I also find that the graphics inside the car is popping up when the car drives by in replay etc. The driver pops up as well.

.36 (not latest) + SOL 1.4.X (latest)

We have decided to make the following models:
  • US spec Acura NSX which has a 180mph speedo
  • JDM spec Honda NSX which has a 180kph speedo
EU spec Honda NSX probably has 280kph speedo, at we have no plans for that at this point, sorry.

Good News, but also some bad news. I really, really, really think that european version would be very appreciated among the drivers. =) Is it more that differs between the USA and the EU models than the badges and speedometer? Is is, right? Different pollution regulations states for different numbers when it comes to speed, acceleration etc? =P

The work your doing with this mod is just great!! =D

Last edited:
In terms of handling, the roll stiffness is more forward in the next version and I removed progressive bumpstops (They get incredibly stiff in a way I can't quantify mathematically and reliably, so it might be bugged). Also changed some things here and there, and re-measured the suspension geometry, mainly to fix the balljoint centers of the lower control arms, raising the roll centers of both axles. Not much else changed at all in the geometry.

Overall, it'll be more stable, with less LOO and more into the understeer gradient. Lines up with data nicely too.

I'll be most interested in the new version.
I usually do not go into discussion about car handling, because the only car I ever drive is my family station wagon, so I just do not consider myself qualified at all.
The closest I've come to driving a NSX is that I've probably been overtaken by some old CRX from the same time period:D...(and of course the clips from Senna taking the NSX around Suzuka,...in white socks!)

However, with the current iteration of the NSX in Assetto Corsa, it really feels loose, widow maker loose.
Glad you seem to have found a possible culprit there!:thumbsup:

- I also find that the graphics inside the car is popping up when the car drives by in replay etc. The driver pops up as well.

Can't test now, but ensure on cm>settings>csp>graphics adjustments you don't have any LOD related option checked. On very recent csp versions, "Force low resolution cockpits for other cars in first person" (+ treat track cameras the same) is being set by default, which can cause graphic issues, like empty looking interiors on some models.

Can't test now, but ensure on cm>settings>csp>graphics adjustments you don't have any LOD related option checked. On very recent csp versions, "Force low resolution cockpits for other cars in first person" (+ treat track cameras the same) is being set by default, which can cause graphic issues, like empty looking interiors on some models.

The multiplier for Car LODs is set to 100 which i think is standard. Is this setting whats causing exterior details to sometimes pop up too in different cars? (very often seen in replays).

In replays I can see this happening in (but from the outside) my OWN car too, not just "other cars", so Im not sure this is a low res problem. I will try and see. Thank you! =)

The multiplier for Car LODs is set to 100 which i think is standard. Is this setting whats causing exterior details to sometimes pop up too in different cars? (very often seen in replays).

In replays I can see this happening in (but from the outside) my OWN car too, not just "other cars", so Im not sure this is a low res problem. I will try and see. Thank you! =)
I haven't really noticed the popping. I was under the impression than in replays, only the highest lod is used. LOD popping can be visible if the highest LOD doesn't match very closely with the low detail LOD, which is the case here.

@RedRacer

Replying to review, as physics dev.

Yeah, no worries. I think it's really close now, on the next version. In numbers and behavior. Just some patience because I want Jason to test it as well just to confirm I'm not releasing something stupid again.

In terms of the S1, I personally feel just making a normal Zanardi is somewhat redundant, and the S1 already has Zanardi suspension. The Type-S Zero also is basically just a toned down NSX-R, and shares the *exact* same suspension too. We would need to do some 3D work as well, I think. Perhaps in the future, but I think an S1 is more unique.

I'd like *every* version, but we must think of filesize and the modeller as well ;).

The Zanardi suspension package was also sold on its own, so at least this is a realistic upgrade path one might encounter IRL. And yes, because many of my S1s are pet projects and not necessarily planned/cleared by the modeler, I usually try to do things that wouldn't be visible and don't need extra 3d work. ;)

I don't know if this is any use to anyone.
I'm in the UK and have access to probably the only regularly driven NA2 - R's in the UK.
(granted, it's not on the road at the mo until after winter but another NA2 is)

If there is anything specific you guys want, let me know, send me PM and will try my best to help out.
I can get audio/ref photos etc

Last edited:
Hi, Some1! Thank you for fixing the handling. For me the only other area where improvement will be welcome, is tire sound (tire squeal), because it’s almost inaudible. Looking at (or rather listening to) some Kunos cars of the era like the RX-7 and Supra MkIV or some mods like the 512 TR or 911(993) there is a big difference with the NSX. I thought since tire compounds are the same so tire squeal should have the same tone (not necessarily amount). IMHO the NSX needs louder and higher in pitch tire squeal so soundwise it will be “in line” with the rest of the AC cars. Thanks again for your work!

latest version is brilliant, really nice work everyone.

strange bug on the rear view mirror of this acura (maybe on other models too). looks like this is when the high res cockpit gets switched off.
Screenshot_bmw_z4_la_canyons_18-2-120-21-16-29.jpg

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 474 70.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 287 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 311 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 138 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 181 26.8%
Back