Honda NSX

Cars Honda NSX 3.6.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Am I imagining things or NSX's oversteering way too much? Can't help it but to catch it on every corner exit unless I am keeping my steering wheel straight. It almost feels like a go-kart. And since when there is a TC and ABS options on NSX-R?

Am I imagining things or NSX's oversteering way too much? Can't help it but to catch it on every corner exit unless I am keeping my steering wheel straight. It almost feels like a go-kart. And since when there is a TC and ABS options on NSX-R?
Oh, I wasn't aware they removed ABS and TCS from the NSX-R. Honda manual must have got it wrong.

They only removed TCS, not ABS.

Hm, you're right. I looked into it again, and the NA1 for sure has no TCS. Unclear about NA2.

Well, I did say IIRC because A: It was a Japanese manual B: I haven't read it myself. :p

It's possible it says the light doesn't come on; because there is no TCS!

Not a terrible problem though. I'd like to update it so people don't drive with it on, because it's not intended to be driven with it on, but maybe we would need to find an excuse to make everyone re-download.

Hm, you're right. I looked into it again, and the NA1 for sure has no TCS. Unclear about NA2.

Well, I did say IIRC because A: It was a Japanese manual B: I haven't read it myself. :p

It's possible it says the light doesn't come on; because there is no TCS!

Not a terrible problem though. I'd like to update it so people don't drive with it on, because it's not intended to be driven with it on, but maybe we would need to find an excuse to make everyone re-download.
Well, we could release only the data files hotfix, but then we would need to make sure that that update would require the latest full version as well. New users would need to download the full and the hotfix, while other would only need the hotfix.

Then again, there is also the bug with mirrors on the low-res cockpit, which would require a full release anyway...

Once again, I have to point out that making multiple versions of a car in AC sucks big time -- too much duplication of resources. rF2 was much more sensible in this area...

Yeah, it gets a bit tedious when you have a bunch of step versions and have to make some fundamental changes. Definitely drew out the NSX and 993 process significantly. Still... part of the game we've chosen to play, so to speak and also literally. :p

I tried out the updated version last night but it seems to oversteer wildly like something is amiss.
I've spent a lot of time driving the NA2/NA2-R and they're not like that at all in reality unless the surface is greasy (and then every RWD car can be tricky).
Granted, it's not the NA1 but it shouldn't be THAT wildly different.
It almost seems as though the tyres are messed up but the other cars I have in the game seem largely ok (not all of course).

If anyone has a setup on the suspension I could try I'd love to as it seems like an awesome mod !

And if anyone is interested the NA2-R had optional ABS and no TCS, no power steering (like a baby F50). The one I get to use has no ABS.

Last edited:
I tried out the updated version last night but it seems to oversteer wildly like something is amiss.
I've spent a lot of time driving the NA2/NA2-R and they're not like that at all in reality unless the surface is greasy (and then every RWD car can be tricky).
Granted, it's not the NA1 but it shouldn't be THAT wildly different.
It almost seems as though the tyres are messed up but the other cars I have in the game seem largely ok (not all of course).

If anyone has a setup on the suspension I could try I'd love to as it seems like an awesome mod !

And if anyone is interested the NA2-R had optional ABS and no TCS. The one I get to use has no ABS.
Probably the biggest change is the tires. NA1 early cars have 205/225, NA2 is 215/255. Also much stiffer front ARB IIRC.

The roll stiffness ratio is correct on 2.3.2 and tires are reasonable, so it's reasonable to assume the balance is also not super off.

Also, the NA2 has a Torsen diff, which probably locks a bit on coast, giving overall more stability than the NA1's preload-only diff. Although IIRC the part number for the NA2 NSX-R diff is the same as the NA1, so it might be the same unit for all I know.

You can go check Best Motoring or a few videos of Senna driving to get an idea for the NA1; I'm not super sure myself if anything's off, but people who drove them IRL didn't report anything, so I dunno. The data lines up well too.

EDIT:

For some reference.

NA1 vs NA2 R. Video starts with NA1.

I'll keep trying to play around with the settings to see if I can tame it a bit more.
In regards to the diff, some good info on Prime (as you'd hope):

IF you do ever think about making the NA2/R, please do get in touch, we'll happily help out wherever we can !

Hm, yeah. Looks like the NA2 NSX-R is indeed using the old NSX-R diff. So the huge balance difference in the video very likely comes from tires, aero and overall roll stiffness. The NA2 NSX-R actually has a *more* oversteery roll stiffness ratio, but that doesn't say so much when the whole thing was stiffened up a lot. It could react in a more understeery manner in transition for example.

Anyway, like I said, not sure if the NA1 is completely right; but I can't find anything wrong anymore.

I just drove the Acura and that felt amazing but then straight into the Honda and it was very different (too loose) !
I've just deleted the Honda folders and re-installed again to see if I had some weirdness going on.
:thumbsup:

UPDATE:
Yup, something was 100% wrong.
Now they all feel FANTASTIC !
:D

Last edited:
I just drove the Acura and that felt amazing but then straight into the Honda and it was very different (too loose) !
I've just deleted the Honda folders and re-installed again to see if I had some weirdness going on.
:thumbsup:

UPDATE:
Yup, something was 100% wrong.
Now they all feel FANTASTIC !
:D
You must have had old files from 2.3.1, where roll stiffness ratio was too rearward by like 10% (Bumpstops aren't in the calculation! Oops!) and I had progressive bumpstops in which are pretty bugged and turn into concrete immediately. It wasn't *that* bad alone but the progressive bumpstop stuff made it into a killer.

I also think the geos were off on 2.3.1 a bit. I re-measured them for 2.3.2 I think and found I had pulled from an incorrect point on the lower joints on both axles, it's a bit deceptive and I had to find a picture of a cutout and broken-down piece to confirm it. That change was a subtle but good improvement in all ways.

Nice that you got it sorted. Makes more sense now.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%