Honda NSX

Cars Honda NSX 3.6.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
That's my approach for my own stuff, but the other authors are inconvenienced by the constant nagging. It'll also be kind of funny to have a car that doesn't even lose any grip from overheating yet have people still placebo hard about it.
I really love your mods. They have so realistic feeling! Pity that you stop the physics improvement of the other Kunos cars.

I really love your mods. They have so realistic feeling! Pity that you stop the physics improvement of the other Kunos cars.
I didn't stop, just stopped uploading here.

I'm trialing some more lenient heat related slip parameters right now, so there is a possibility that I'll ship the NSX with realistic heating. It won't be *as easy* as a fixed~ balanced, but in theory it should be easier regardless, and hopefully more realistic than the current implementation.

FWIW internally nobody has an issue with the physics so it's more a matter of prioritizing hardcore users vs casual users. I got a bit of backlash from said hardcore users due to that last comment, so there's probably no way to make everyone happy. :rolleyes:

Am I the only one who has no working lights on any of these NSX, not even brake lights. The headlights pop up in CM showroom but are not lit, on track I dont get any car lights except for the rear numberplate illuminating ever so slightly. Im using csp 1.77

eidt: I fixed this by enabling Car Instruments in CSP settings. Somehow I had unchecked it.

Last edited:
To those who are having problems with the handling: would it be possible to post a video explaining the situation and perhaps your CSP/ingame settings (not sure, which ones though...)? I'm having hard time verifying the issues reported...

To those who are having problems with the handling: would it be possible to post a video explaining the situation and perhaps your CSP/ingame settings (not sure, which ones though...)? I'm having hard time verifying the issues reported...
once again i drove this car and I realized what the problem is
its a CSP thing, at 0.1.73 version everything works just fine, car turns like on rails, fast and predictable, but on latest versions of csp car just spins like you driving on ice with sht summer tyres

its a CSP thing, at 0.1.73 version everything works just fine, car turns like on rails, fast and predictable, but on latest versions of csp car just spins like you driving on ice with sht summer tyres
aaand that's why i'm shy on updating the singer

The lateral slip formula for Cphys was changed a bit on 0.1.74 onward, basically from tan to sin. It actually does add lateral grip at low angles ie: under 30deg or so. As intended.

However we have lately found that at higher angles there appears to be a decrease in grip, and once you get past 45 or so it can be very dramatic and lead to an instant spin. Some drifting maneuvers are impossible.

The grip near peak is the same, but something strange and probably unintended is going on at high angles. Theoretically the change should only increase lateral grip. I don't know when/if it will be alleviated, because we were not sure last time why it even happens.

If you must use later than 0.1.73, don't overdrive the car. ;)

The lateral slip formula for Cphys was changed a bit on 0.1.74 onward, basically from tan to sin. It actually does add lateral grip at low angles ie: under 30deg or so. As intended.

However we have lately found that at higher angles there appears to be a decrease in grip, and once you get past 45 or so it can be very dramatic and lead to an instant spin. Some drifting maneuvers are impossible.

The grip near peak is the same, but something strange and probably unintended is going on at high angles. Theoretically the change should only increase lateral grip. I don't know when/if it will be alleviated, because we were not sure last time why it even happens.

If you must use later than 0.1.73, don't overdrive the car. ;)
So if i understand correctly this problem apply to all cars with your authored physics? For example, Ascend Garage R34 says it needs 0.1.76 at least to start the car, so there is no way to use 0.1.73 here, should we just wait until the csp version is released with the correct lateral grip behavior?

So if i understand correctly this problem apply to all cars with your authored physics? For example, Ascend Garage R34 says it needs 0.1.76 at least to start the car, so there is no way to use 0.1.73 here, should we just wait until the csp version is released with the correct lateral grip behavior?
All of my physics since 2020 or so use Cphys, so yes, the slip issue will be present on everything.

You could ask why the change doesn't just get reverted until it's fixed, but apparently it's not that simple. I don't know how high priority fixing it is because it only really affects drifting, and the current physics "should be" more correct.

Probably best is to use 73 if possible or wait like I am. :p

I absolutely love this car. It feels really great! But the tires behavior is right? I use latest csp, sol and pure.

Here is my hot lap:
You didn't actually drove the car hard enough. NSX-R and Type-S Zero pretty much capable of scoring 8:00 or even sub 8 minutes. There is nothing wrong with the tires. It is a mid engine car with weight distribution similar to Porsche 911, so rear tires always overload when cornering due to inertia

And remember that the CSP thermal model doesn't work the same as the vanilla thermal model. These tires behave differently because they're supposed to behave differently, not because they're broken.

You didn't actually drove the car hard enough. NSX-R and Type-S Zero pretty much capable of scoring 8:00 or even sub 8 minutes. There is nothing wrong with the tires. It is a mid engine car with weight distribution similar to Porsche 911, so rear tires always overload when cornering due to inertia
I didn't push much enough, because i haven't idial (optimal road grip levels) conditions, so the track is slippery nor tire blankets. With those on, the laptime goes down by more or less 20 seconds. But i don't know if it is possible to go so much down (40 seconds) around to 8:00 with this model in full Nords lap. Maybe it is possible with BTG lap.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 283 34.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 229 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 151 18.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 66 8.1%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 20 2.4%