Honda NSX

Cars Honda NSX 3.6.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm going nuts with all the 1992-1994 NSX-R mods out there. Does anyone know the definitive mod (in terms of physics)?

It's 9 cars, but they are of course on par physics wise. Choose the year/version you like best. They require CSP to work, keep in mind.

Last edited:
I'm going nuts with all the 1992-1994 NSX-R mods out there. Does anyone know the definitive mod (in terms of physics)?
The car is good. It feels realistic, but It is not easy to drive it on it's limits. Maybe it is i that i can not take the best of it. It has very special behavior. Maybe a better driver can take out the most of it.

It's 9 cars, but they are of course on par physics wise. Choose the year/version you like best. They require CSP to work, keep in mind.

Version 3.1

Physics updates. You don't need to download the hotfix anymore.
- Full pass on tires
- Full pass on aerodynamics
- Suspension improvements
- Drivetrain improvements
- Added more sophisticated traction control
- Added nicer lag/delay to gauges via extconfig
- Fixes in UI
- Fixes in extconfig
No need hotfix for vesion 3.1.

I only care about 1991 NSX and 1992 NSX-R.

AC_HondaNSX_v2.2.zip has far better physics than this mod but the problem is the sound is too loud (it drowns other cars).

This mod is like driving on ice for some reason

What is it the kids are saying... skill issue?
Easy sparky. I know you like to insult people. It's your go to answer.

some1_honda_nsx_r_1992

This mod does not work with CSP 1.78 Preview. You need 1.73 for the tyres to feel normal. The mod is broken.

On 1.78 we can see that this mod has no torque in 2nd gear. It's dead.

This is how this car is supposed to behave:

Each stab of the throttle in 2nd gear breaks traction. You can see the driver needing to opposite lock.

In this mod, ...... nothing. It's like you are driving a Lada,.. or a train. Added to that that the tires overheat after 2 corners on CSP 1.78

Its a shame that instead of objectively acknowledging that almost everyone who gave this a review gave it a negative one on the first page. Instead of looking at a real NSX-R video and seeing how this mod handles nothing like it.

But yeah. Hundreds of people are wrong and you are right, sure.

Last edited:
The lateral slip formula for Cphys was changed a bit on 0.1.74 onward, basically from tan to sin. It actually does add lateral grip at low angles ie: under 30deg or so. As intended.

However we have lately found that at higher angles there appears to be a decrease in grip, and once you get past 45 or so it can be very dramatic and lead to an instant spin. Some drifting maneuvers are impossible.

The grip near peak is the same, but something strange and probably unintended is going on at high angles. Theoretically the change should only increase lateral grip. I don't know when/if it will be alleviated, because we were not sure last time why it even happens.

If you must use later than 0.1.73, don't overdrive the car. ;)
So CSP adove 0.173 is the reason of this tendency of spin behavior? I can't go back because other mods will not work. If i use previous car versions without cphys implementation, would will have the same behavior? or if i turn off cm "use extended physics (experimental)" would it change anything?

Update

I tried a lap with cm "use extended physics (experimental)" turned off and it did actually gave me more confident pace to push harder in corners without immediate spin using csp 0.178.

Last edited:
It is not undrivible, as the drift cars in Assetto Corsa is still drivable, or cars like Maserati 250F 12 cylinder is driveble.

That is not the point. When people say the NSX mod 3.1 are not drivable they in fact are saying that the car doesnt behaviour as a normal 90's road car. Specially in the case of NSX because this car is well know for good balance, it is not a Marea Turbo or any other unbalanced car.

Putting this way is incorrect.

When I made this lap was the lap record this car at this track:

NSX is not the Dark Souls car. In fact, it is the opposite. It is a japanese car made to be stable as possible. And have a simple V6 NA engine with less than 300 hp, it is not a F40 with massive turbo lag or a Ruf CTR.

We can expect from the NSX similar behaviour of cars like the RX-7. Okay, it is a MR car, not a FR to make this comparision any sense. But in the way the car performance is what we can expect, good handling, very easy to drive.

Also, as mid engine car you have more traction than any other front engine car. And the cars like BMW seems more balanced than this NSX mod in Assetto Corsa.

The problem is the tire temperatures. Overheat very easy and when this happns the car looses grip imediatly.

Because of this I made the sugestion to put some slicks in this car, like the tropheus one. Put in the S1 or other upgraded version. If this behaviour keep with the slick tyres, we can say for sure there is some problem in this mod.

Putting this way is incorrect.

When I made this lap was the lap record this car at this track:

NSX is not the Dark Souls car. In fact, it is the opposite. It is a japanese car made to be stable as possible. And have a simple V6 NA engine with less than 300 hp, it is not a F40 with massive turbo lag or a Ruf CTR.

We can expect from the NSX similar behaviour of cars like the RX-7. Okay, it is a MR car, not a FR to make this comparision any sense. But in the way the car performance is what we can expect, good handling, very easy to drive.

Also, as mid engine car you have more traction than any other front engine car. And the cars like BMW seems more balanced than this NSX mod in Assetto Corsa.

The problem is the tire temperatures. Overheat very easy and when this happns the car looses grip imediatly.

Because of this I made the sugestion to put some slicks in this car, like the tropheus one. Put in the S1 or other upgraded version. If this behaviour keep with the slick tyres, we can say for sure there is some problem in this mod.
if you watch some best motoring videos, you will see that even some professional drivers have problems with driving this car at the limit
The NSX has never been a simple car for fast driving
And of course classic-layout cars will seem easier to drive because they tend to understeer rather than oversteer

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 291 34.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 234 27.9%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 155 18.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 8.0%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 22 2.6%