rF2 Howsto Dissenter @ CTMP - Thu 22 Oct 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Since i can´t find my "Matchfox" Skin for the car anymore, i recreated a nascar livery from a model i built when i was a kid...

Original
17501_18229a3340_low_res.jpg

Dissenter
Miller.jpg

Maybe i find time to do some more iconic nascar liveries since they just look good on that car

I just can´t help myself, but nascars are just bad ass racing cars, old fashioned, clourful, fast, rough!!

Last edited:
Since i can´t find my "Matchfox" Skin for the car anymore, i recreated a nascar livery from a model i built when i was a kid...

Original
View attachment 413987

Dissenter
View attachment 413986

Maybe i find time to do some more iconic nascar liveries since they just look good on that car

I just can´t help myself, but nascars are just bad ass racing cars, old fashioned, clourful, fast, rough!!
Agreed, this skin looks great on the Dissenter. :)

BTW I believe the Mello yello was in the movie... But I could be wrong

It was. But I was visiting my US-relatives in 96 (or 97... I was born in 91, so dont remember too much). However, I already were used to watching F1, CART and NASCAR with my dad, so the family thought it was cool when a Norwegian kid came and was interested in watching NASCAR.
Even though it was a couple of years since Petty had Mello Yello sponsorship, there was still quite a lot merch and stuff around. So that stuck with me for some reason.
Just like my favorite driver. My dad was a Mark Martin fan, I didn't want to cheer for the same driver as him, so I ended up with Jeff Gordon!

Ehm, sorry for rambling on. My point was, you are not wrong :roflmao:

It was. But I was visiting my US-relatives in 96 (or 97... I was born in 91, so dont remember too much). However, I already were used to watching F1, CART and NASCAR with my dad, so the family thought it was cool when a Norwegian kid came and was interested in watching NASCAR.
Even though it was a couple of years since Petty had Mello Yello sponsorship, there was still quite a lot merch and stuff around. So that stuck with me for some reason.
Just like my favorite driver. My dad was a Mark Martin fan, I didn't want to cheer for the same driver as him, so I ended up with Jeff Gordon!

Ehm, sorry for rambling on. My point was, you are not wrong :roflmao:

That's a cool background... One of the few things I would like to see is a Nascar race... Should be spectacular... More or less

Hey :)

I have a question for all the skinners we have around here ( I don't know much about skinning ).

Can a skin be used to cover another car ?
Reason I ask is that I have seen for example an Spark F3 look like a Eve F3 .

I have seen a Eve F3 look like a Datsun 510 ? ( the Eve F3 where not available on the server )

Can it be the game that messes up some files ? or is it a missing skin on my pc ?.

I have seen it only in Replay Mode .

I made a Datsun video about a year ago where the EVE actually can be seen .

Last edited:
Hey :)

I have a question for all the skinners we have around here ( I don't know much about skinning ).

Can a skin be used to cover another car ?
Reason I ask is that I have seen for example an Spark F3 look like a Eve F3 .

I have seen a Eve F3 look like a Datsun 510 ? ( the Eve F3 where not available on the server )

Can it be the game that messes up some files ? or is it a missing skin on my pc ?.

I have seen it only in Replay Mode .

I made a Datsun video about a year ago where the EVE actually can be seen .

Nope.

Livery-files only change the liveries/adds a new driver (which is not recommended to do).

This sounds like a rF2 bug in replay-mode, but also sounds like someone have done something funky with the model-files.

Nope.

Livery-files only change the liveries/adds a new driver (which is not recommended to do).

This sounds like a rF2 bug in replay-mode, but also sounds like someone have done something funky with the model-files.
Thought it where a bug .
Funky you say . But that is really only possible if the server allows it - Correct ?
Lets say you have a sever where the admin don't want to many Mismatches when players enters.

So he turns mismatches OFF . Then it can get funky :O_o: right ?

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 30 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%