HP Reverb G2 - User Experiences & Owner Impressions

Mr Latte

Premium
Reports are it may be launching in September 2020 which is earlier than some expected.
I'm seriously considering one of these having had a CV1 in the past and enjoyed VR

Finally, though with this device, now we have image quality that is very good for simulations. Also offering easy setup, superb audio, and nice controllers but all at a good price.

Steam HP Reverb G2
UK Pre-Orders
Manual
Datasheet/Specs

Last edited:
I just received a pretty nice email. I put a pre-order in on the 8th July. I received initial confirmation of the order when I made it so I'm not 100% sure why I need to be congratulated a three weeks later, but no complaints, especially as the price from SystemActive is now £639.

"Congratulations! You have successfully pre-ordered the new HP Reverb G2 Headset + Controllers at the exceptional promotional price of £525 via SystemActive, an HP Platinum First Partner.

This is to confirm we have received your order and it is currently being processed by HP in factory. You will be one of the first in the UK to receive the headset. Your order number is ------.

We will update you again shortly with further updates on your purchase and when to expect delivery.

Upvote 0
It's funny, I don't think I've ever pre-ordered in my life, and have always had the strong belief it's a mugs game as you're paying for something months before it arrives, and why not wait.

The potential lack of volume of units available on launch was what swung it for me this time, so to have a bonus of over £100 off the list price is fantastic

Upvote 0
It's funny, I don't think I've ever pre-ordered in my life, and have always had the strong belief it's a mugs game as you're paying for something months before it arrives, and why not wait.

The potential lack of volume of units available on launch was what swung it for me this time, so to have a bonus of over £100 off the list price is fantastic

They do not bill you when you pre-order it. Billed/charged to your CC or PayPal before they ship it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just received a pretty nice email. I put a pre-order in on the 8th July. I received initial confirmation of the order when I made it so I'm not 100% sure why I need to be congratulated a three weeks later, but no complaints, especially as the price from SystemActive is now £639.

"Congratulations! You have successfully pre-ordered the new HP Reverb G2 Headset + Controllers at the exceptional promotional price of £525 via SystemActive, an HP Platinum First Partner.

This is to confirm we have received your order and it is currently being processed by HP in factory. You will be one of the first in the UK to receive the headset. Your order number is ------.

We will update you again shortly with further updates on your purchase and when to expect delivery.
Got the same email today. I only pre-ordered yesterday so must have got one of the last of the first allocations! And a bonus to hear that the G2 will be the first headset compatible with MS Flight Simulator.

Upvote 0
Looks like you guys ordered just in the nick of time.

I had planned to place an order today as the originally stated cut off deadline was set to be at the end of today. I checked in on the System Active site this morning and noticed the countdown timer has reset and the price has risen from £525 to £639, 24 hours earlier than I expected. If you snooze you lose :coffee:

Upvote 0

Only two things i've pre-ordered in my life were both VR hmd's. The tech totally infuses me, it's brought gaming back to life again. I lumped on the G2 to partner up on the Index, i wanted an able backup. The price and availability was perfect, along with the best of the Index features like the audio and comfort form factor.

Id imagine that the G2 is even more of a hot ticket now that MS have badged it with the VR HMD to get for Flightsim 2020.

Upvote 0
I have been using the index with lenses all the way out to get used to it. Darn, its still smaller, I hope it's not too much smaller.

It also just occurred to me that if i have the lenses all the way out on the index i may as well start using my glasses in them. I wonder if they would also fit in the g2 as my prescription would probably help with the better resolution.

Upvote 0
Take it from someone who thought I'd be fine with glasses in the Index and then wasn't Be CAREFUL with them in there. DO NOT tilt the HMD up or especially down with them on. Put the HMD on straight from the front, and then pull the strap down over your head at the back. Still waiting for my RMA to return to offload it. I've not dared put the glasses back in the Reverb for fear of killing those lenses, too. My eye surgery has been posponed today due to good ol' mate corona, so I'm stuck with using contacts for an additional month in the headset and specs when I'm not. Getting super over it.

Upvote 0
Take it from someone who thought I'd be fine with glasses in the Index and then wasn't Be CAREFUL with them in there. DO NOT tilt the HMD up or especially down with them on. Put the HMD on straight from the front, and then pull the strap down over your head at the back. Still waiting for my RMA to return to offload it. I've not dared put the glasses back in the Reverb for fear of killing those lenses, too. My eye surgery has been posponed today due to good ol' mate corona, so I'm stuck with using contacts for an additional month in the headset and specs when I'm not. Getting super over it.

That is what has stopped me using my glasses other than a quick test - I knew I would scratch them at some point. They are too wide anyhow, they end up bending just to get the frame in so thats a no for me :)

I bet you look forward to your new set of eyes. The surgery is getting cheaper and better/easier all the time. I only put my contacts on for shooting so I can wear proper wrap around safety glasses. Would be so nice to have good eyes.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

That is for Australia though, I would not be surprised if they were available in Europe/USA earlier.
While preordering in different countries started at different time, the launch, accordingly to HP reps, will be global. And considering the hype and state of Covid affected manufacturing, it might take a while after that to fulfill all preorders.
And manufacturing is not even started yet. Both Sebastian and Tyriel are using prototype units as they still working out some kinks.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%