Kyalami 2016

Tracks Kyalami 2016 0.9.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
@Trystan1367
It's a pretty [edit] VERY crappy move giving any resource a one-star review because you personally can't get it to work (and therefore proving that you can't actually rate the content because you haven't actually played it), especially when detailed instructions have been provided. Do you really think @Prototype_ deserves that after all his hard work and gifting this to the community for free? Could you not have posted about your issue in this discussion thread and then reviewed the actual content once you'd played it?
Grrrr...

@Trystan1367
Maybe you need a new version of "7zip" packer/unpacker : https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

after you double clicked the archive, this picture shows what to copy where
edit: this is with the latest available download "Kyalami Pre-release Beta 0.8.3", previous releases were structured differently
1574938846734.png

Last edited:
@Trystan1367
It's a pretty [edit] VERY crappy move giving any resource a one-star review because you personally can't get it to work (and therefore proving that you can't actually rate the content because you haven't actually played it), especially when detailed instructions have been provided. Do you really think @Prototype_ deserves that after all his hard work and gifting this to the community for free? Could you not have posted about your issue in this discussion thread and then reviewed the actual content once you'd played it?
Grrrr...
That's exactly my view on this. The resource/download system is great, but the review portion of it all is flawed. Like you said, a lot of work goes into mod creation, and the one incentive / motivation we have is seeing it climb the ratings page, the current practice here does the opposite and doesnt help anyone. A simpler thumbs up, thumbs down system with no comment box would keep everyone sane IMO. But whatever, I'm just a one mod "git"... :D

Last edited:
He whines when someone gives less than 5 stars to a mod just because everyone else have done so before as if everyone is obligated to give only 5 stars. That's pathetic.

But RD rating system is pointless anyways because lots of not so good mods gets 5 stars just for the effort.

He whines when someone gives less than 5 stars to a mod just because everyone else have done so before as if everyone is obligated to give only 5 stars. That's pathetic.

But RD rating system is pointless anyways because lots of not so good mods gets 5 stars just for the effort.
Who is the 'he' in this statement?
My point was that nobody should review a resource if they haven't actually tried it. Failing to get it to work is no reason to give it a crappy review, especially when hundreds of people can run it without problems. Report the issue in the support thread, get it working with help from the community, try it and THEN review it based on actual use.

My point was that nobody should review a resource if they haven't actually tried it. Failing to get it to work is no reason to give it a crappy review, especially when hundreds of people can run it without problems. Report the issue in the support thread, get it working with help from the community, try it and THEN review it based on actual use.

Not you. With you I agree, technical difficulties are a silly reason to give a bad rating. :)

I'm the one with a target on my back. My view was very similar to yours, except I also added that "wishlist items" aren't review related. But I guess it didn't fly with certain people, and it always resorts to public name calling or belittling.

It is what it is... Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I just hope Race Department see the pattern here of inaccurate accusations and personal attacks from certain community member(s).

But whatever, I'm just a one mod "git"... :D

I've been involved with as many mods as anybody here and I agree with you, so that's not relevant. ;)

Support issues don't belong in the review section. Ever. Nobody's demanding 5 star reviews from every user, but users who get frustrated at their own stupidity and decide to lash out with an irrelevant bad review deserve exactly as much respect as they're showing the mod creators. (And those who would defend them should get the same.)

Kinda depends on the reasoning there. I've seen "Perfect!" - 4 stars, which is just amusing. I've seen actual shortcomings of a mod pointed out, 4 stars. Fair. I've also seen (on my Lola) a 4 star review because the UI logo was sized incorrectly for the Kunos launcher, an issue that was already in the "fixed for next update" list. That's just sh--ty, petty, and offensive.

Trivia hour: Its exactly 1 year today that I started this project.
28 Nov.
I gave myself 6 weeks to do it in.
You dont know what you dont know.
:sleep:

I think I, like so many people in the community hugely underestimated how much work and effort goes into making content.
The tens of tracks and hundreds of cars that I had downloaded for [ Zero Cost, and Lunch Money for the paid mods ] amounted to untold thousands upon thousands of hours of hard work by these people.

It was astounding to me, once I began, how much dedication, commitment, perseverance and ultimately skill it must have taken to create the quality variation of content I was collecting in my Assetto Corsa library.
Content that gave me enjoyment and escapism.

For this reason, this community needs to show respect and support for the people who are making things.
It adds to the quality of YOUR life. In as big or small a way as this HOBBY means to you.

And let me point out again guys, this is a hobby.
The majority of us dont live off our E-Sports winnings, or our development contracts with sim studios.
So lets just chill.
We are a niche community.
We can agree to disagree.
But lets respect each other in the process.
Peace.

100% agree.

Building a track and make it available is a fantastic and rewarding journey which is a part of the hobby itself.

I made myself a track available for as much sims as possible, and it costed me hundreds of hours of hard work. I will never regret it.
(Jobs la neuveville track)

All work should be respected, because all is available for free.
All moders are making their best.

Only those who tried know how difficult it is.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 25 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.2%