Kyalami 2016

Tracks Kyalami 2016 0.9.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yep, I also just get the pitlane.ai.candidate.
Restarting didn’t work unfortunately. I tried it yesterday and this morning but still no fastlane.ai.candidate.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Might sound like a weird suggestion... but maybe use an earlier version of the beta just for this purpose? then revert back to the newer version?

Folks, the updated balloons in the latest version also contained an airliner in the far distance (you might need to squint to see it). This was @Brun's original model and is used with permission.

Might sound like a weird suggestion... but maybe use an earlier version of the beta just for this purpose? then revert back to the newer version?

You mean an earlier version of CM?
Sorry to derail this thread, Prototype.

I’ll just try some of the mentioned suggestions and hope it’ll work.

You mean an earlier version of CM?
Sorry to derail this thread, Prototype.

I’ll just try some of the mentioned suggestions and hope it’ll work.

@F_B
What John is saying, use a previous version that doenst have the Summer and Winter tracks.
Thats most likely whats messing you around ...
Do you have 0.8.1 handy?

Yep, everything is fine, all lines are there (also AI line helper installed).
Yet, there is no fastlane.ai.candidate in the folder after I’ve finished. Works with other tracks, though.

Hi, since 0.8.2.1 (hotfix) I'm getting:
error.png

Yep, everything is fine, all lines are there (also AI line helper installed).
Yet, there is no fastlane.ai.candidate in the folder after I’ve finished. Works with other tracks, though.

@F_B

1. Copy / Paste one of the [ai] folders in [summer] / [winter] into root [kyalami_2016] folder
2. This will allow a candidate file to save.
3. Copy your new candidate back into the summer/winter ai folder to test

Last edited:
First of all thank you for this track, it really is fantastic. :thumbsup: One of the top mods for AC.
I tried to record a new AI line (as I have done often, see all my AIs in the downloads) but somehow no fastlane.ai.candidate shows up in the AI folder when I’m done. I never have experienced that problem yet and I don’t know what might be the issue. Next time I try to start AC the "normal" way (not with Content Manager) and see if that works.
I had this too and I think the reason is that there is somewhere a tiny hole(s) in the physical track surface somewhere. I had issues getting the candidate to appear and eventually I found couple of really small holes. When ac generates the ai files I think it essentially places dots around the track where you drive. If one of these dots is where you have a tiny hole in the track then it breaks it. The holes I had were something like 1cm x 60cm. So really small. I'd check all seams between all physical objects where you drive during a lap and see if you find any small ones. I'd imagine it is easier to have little overlap (as long as it doesn't cause flickering) than trying to get all edges to match perfectly.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 276 37.0%
  • Porsche

Votes: 284 38.1%
  • BMW

Votes: 266 35.7%
  • McLaren

Votes: 174 23.4%
  • Toyota

Votes: 281 37.7%
  • Intel

Votes: 93 12.5%