Kyalami 2016

Tracks Kyalami 2016 0.9.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
This beta version seems set at the height of the dry season where grass and foliage colours will be more muted, but perhaps the overall saturation is a little low. The tarmac is also quite a light warm grey rather than a cooler darker one. I know someone commented about the dark tarmac in the dev thread at Assetto Corsa Mods which is maybe why it was changed, but I think I preferred the original darker, cooler grey. It added contrast and seems more true-to-life. Maybe the lighter, warm-grey tarmac is what's making you think the palette is a little bland?
A greener, more lush track skin could easily be done as a seasonal variation, and don't forget this is a beta release so final colours might still be under review. At the end of the day it's the modder's decision what final ambiance and atmosphere he wants to achieve.

that's old video, now it's not as green, I already asked Dale about that.
But let's wait and see the 9hr race broadcast and see then maybe we can discuss the colors of the suroundings.
though this is 2018 and it's pretty green

did you check the AI leaving the PITS. The RACE AI is fine.
I checked the pit_lane.ai and it stops very soon after existing the pits, I extended my pit ai spline to blend with the race line after crowthorne and all works fine now

Please send me your pit_lane.ai, Ill test it and then integrate into the next update if need be.

Fantastic track, fun and challenging. Thanks @Prototype_ !
This might be a CM/CSP issue and down to my individual settings (specifically the optimisation options) but is anyone else getting a draw order issue with the flags? Hidden flags seem to be appearing in front of closer ones. Or is it maybe a translucency effect on the flags themselves?
View attachment 335522

View attachment 335523

As I said, CSP optimisations can do some weird things with draw orders on certain objects [edit: especially flags], so is anyone else seeing this?

Edit: there seems to be the 'double flag' issue that the CSP introduced a few versions ago, evident in the closest flags on the top image above, so maybe it is a CSP problem.

Ill look into that -I didnt notice that on my side, but I could have missed it - it looks like a an alpha test / alpha blend issue.

Really great from my first couple of tests, thank you. One thing I noticed in the races I've done so far, I'm getting yellow flag popups all through the final corner and the first 50-100 yards of the start finish straight, even when the AI is running correctly on their line on track.

Regarding this color debate - When it rains here in Johannesburg, grass goes green, when it doesn't, grass goes yellow.

We have not had rain in months, up until this week.
The track you will see in the broadcast of the race this weekend will be fairly green compared to the rendition in this build, which I based off my more than 3000 photographs I've take of the track in the last couple of months.

99% of sim tracks are green. This one isnt.

I live 10 minutes from the track, it looks and feels like the track does 6 months of the year.

My intent was to create as realistic and authentic environment as possible.
Whether we subjectively like green grass more than dry grass is not really what this is about.
This is about driving a new and interesting track layout that is accurate, and captures the spirit of the place.

Really great from my first couple of tests, thank you. One thing I noticed in the races I've done so far, I'm getting yellow flag popups all through the final corner and the first 50-100 yards of the start finish straight, even when the AI is running correctly on their line on track.

Yeah this could be the pit lane ai... thanks for the feedback. Ill look into it.

Curious, Havent tried either of these tracks yet, but for any of you that have, what is the difference between Kyalami 2000 and Kyalami 2016 besides year stamps? Just Signs, Ads? Is there a track difference?

Seems there have been several posts of the track just in the past week. I do plan to get both of them sometime.
Right now I have just the Vintage Kyalami track since I do GPL.

thank you,
Dave

Last edited:
Regarding this color debate - When it rains here in Johannesburg, grass goes green, when it doesn't, grass goes yellow.

We have not had rain in months, up until this week.
The track you will see in the broadcast of the race this weekend will be fairly green compared to the rendition in this build, which I based off my more than 3000 photographs I've take of the track in the last couple of months.

99% of sim tracks are green. This one isnt.

I live 10 minutes from the track, it looks and feels like the track does 6 months of the year.

My intent was to create as realistic and authentic environment as possible.
Whether we subjectively like green grass more than dry grass is not really what this is about.
This is about driving a new and interesting track layout that is accurate, and captures the spirit of the place.
My question was more about the soil tbh, for me it looks more like the moon than dry. Its fine though, was just wondering if its intended.

Hi Dale, did message you as well on the local forum.. There's something wrong with the standard vanilla AC install. It won't load the track. Have copied the 5 files\folders as per instruction. Still just blacks out and goes back tot he AC foyer.. Any ideas?

One thing I can say is the single file, ksPerPixelMultiMap_emissive.shader file is 0 bytes.. dunno if that helps..

regards

Alan

Ill look into that -I didnt notice that on my side, but I could have missed it - it looks like a an alpha test / alpha blend issue.
Thanks - like I said, it might be a CM/CSP issue that only people with a magic combo of hardware and optimisations encounter, although a lot of flags on a lot of mod tracks have gone FUBAR over the past few CSP updates.

Also, re the overall palette and saturation, I was just responding to a query raised by somebody else but it did make me think about the tarmac colour as I'd remembered that you initially had it a darker and cooler grey. No biggie, and hardly worth mentioning - the track looks superb. You must be very proud of your hard work.
:thumbsup:

Thanks - like I said, it might be a CM/CSP issue that only people with a magic combo of hardware and optimisations encounter, although a lot of flags on a lot of mod tracks have gone FUBAR over the past few CSP updates.

Also, re the overall palette and saturation, I was just responding to a query raised by somebody else but it did make me think about the tarmac colour as I'd remembered that you initially had it a darker and cooler grey. No biggie, and hardly worth mentioning - the track looks superb. You must be very proud of your hard work.
:thumbsup:

I just checked on my side and I dont have that draw order issue ... :-/ dunno.

Regarding the actual track color, I made up the track texture from actual photographs of the track surface that I shot.
However, the overall color hue should be a little more blue, which is something that Ill update for the next patch release ... :)

Thanks man, appreciate the kind words, its been a long haul, but Ill try and attend to the most pressing issues.

Hi Dale, did message you as well on the local forum.. There's something wrong with the standard vanilla AC install. It won't load the track. Have copied the 5 files\folders as per instruction. Still just blacks out and goes back tot he AC foyer.. Any ideas?

One thing I can say is the single file, ksPerPixelMultiMap_emissive.shader file is 0 bytes.. dunno if that helps..

regards

Alan

Alan, I dont really have an answer then. If you've installed all 5 files into the correct locations, and the main track is in the content / tracks folder it should run.
Maybe restart your PC? Run another track, and then try and run Kyalami?

Why not install CM? It will change your experience of AC.

@Johnr777 Any ideas?

Curious, Havent tried either of these tracks yet, but for any of you that have, what is the difference between Kyalami 2000 and Kyalami 2016 besides year stamps? Just Signs, Ads? Is there a track difference?

Seems there have been several posts of the track just in the past week. I do plan to get both of them sometime.
Right now I have just the Vintage Kyalami track since I do GPL.

thank you,
Dave

https://www.racingcircuits.info/africa/south-africa/kyalami/#.XdbRz1czYuV

TIMELINE TABS along base of top track layout graphic shows difference.

Emery, I too am struggling. done the 5 files\dir's as per instruction. still wont load.. Anything specific ??

Drill into kyalami_2016\extras\SDK_Shaders\SDK Shaders\assettocorsa and copy the sdk folder (and contents) to your game's assettocorsa folder (e.g. Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa).

Edit: obviously if you have a zero length file, that needs replacing!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 92 91.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 33 32.7%