LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Missing camera 7 in replay mode and it's killing me! Hard to edit videos for YT without that view. Is it something I screwed up? All I get is a static view of the track instead of it following the car and switching locations automatically. I'm running the VIP Platinum package and Content manager.

Thanks for any help!

any1 getting checksum errors when play via server? I am getting it and don't know what the prob. I have reinstall it so many times and still having the same issue. I dont get the issue when I am playing single player mode. I setup a server using CM and join, I am getting the error. When I join a server setup using LA Canyons, I get the checksum error. I dont get the error when I join someone else server using LA Canyons.
Refer to this post a page back...
Or you're trying to connect to a 1.0 server with models/surfaces.ini
1.2 is completely different!

Missing camera 7 in replay mode and it's killing me! Hard to edit videos for YT without that view. Is it something I screwed up? All I get is a static view of the track instead of it following the car and switching locations automatically. I'm running the VIP Platinum package and Content manager.

Thanks for any help!
Refer to this post a page or so back...
Look on the Layout Guide included in all LA Canyons 1.2 7zips. Choose a layout that has a YES in the cameras column... Then you have switchable track cameras available...

If you have any of the VIP packs... you also have Helicopter Cameras (Only for the Normal Layout)... Setup to track at a Lamborghini Gallardo SL's speed (or similar). If you can do a 16 minute lap... these cameras should work pretty well... They are however always going to be experimental until the AC camera system can set the tracking speed to the actual focused cars speed! If you stop the car... the cameras will keep moving along their path!

I agree, this is fantastic work. I purchased platinum as soon as it became available. Such a small price to pay for such a beautifully executed track.

Please let me know if I can assist with the 2.0 version which I hope includes the Malibu Canyon roads of Latigo, Mulholland, Piuma, Yerba Buena, Schueren, Decker, Encinal, etc. I'm in LA and drive those roads pretty frequently so I'm happy to assist with photographs / videos and other recon type activities.

Thanks again for all the time the team put into this oustanding track!

Best,
Robert

PS I'm about to take a blast up to Newcomb's right now in the LAC 1.2 simulator! :)

@Phoenix77 First off, Awesome work!! I've had the full version Canyons 1.0 for a while now but 1.2 blows it out of the water!! It is now definitely my number one track to test drive cars or just go for a spin.

My question is: as a Gold member is it possible to just pay the extra £3 to upgrade to Platinum or do I have to pay the full £9 to get the 2 way traffic and gymkhana area? Or am I just being a tight arse??:redface:

Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_rsr_2017_la_canyons_7-2-120-16-16-10.png

Police might be angry with me after taking a race car to the canyons

Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_rsr_2017_la_canyons_7-2-120-16-16-10.png

Police might be angry with me after taking a race car to the canyons

Right there with you.
The premise behind this was simple:
  • Take the Audi TT VLN car.
  • Start the Newcomb's-to-Cañada downhill run just before sunrise.
  • Set time to 60x.
  • Try to get to La Cañada before the sun goes down.
I didn't beat the sun but I did somehow survive the last two minutes — on the twistiest part of the route — in darkness. Someone out there can surely beat this time... but can they beat time itself, and park at the finish before sunset?

check here https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/la-canyons.134910/page-106#post-3112047

check also the (random) server you are joining isn't a 1.0, happened to me :)
also the FAQ on the main page could have some answers
Thanks. Fixed the problem by running AC ServerMgr first and start the server, it worked. Then I went back into CM and tried it again and it also worked. Looks like its one of those ini files corrupted and the program fixed it for me! No corruption to the LA Canyons files.

I love the mod, but I can only drive on it with modded cars. Any official cars from kunos doesn't work on this track. No matter in online or single player, once I spawn onto the track and after a few second and the game closes. How can I fix this?

I love the mod, but I can only drive on it with modded cars. Any official cars from kunos doesn't work on this track. No matter in online or single player, once I spawn onto the track and after a few second and the game closes. How can I fix this?
hey i had almost the same issue, but only with online, solo was fine. (and didn't try modded cars)
i was connecting and after a few seconds, back to desktop.
The irony.. the creator couldn't even play online with his own mod XD

i had to delete my game folder (i just kept cars & tracks, the heavy folders), and did a "verify integrity" in Steam to download again the missing files.
installed clean CSP and SOL, and that solved it for me...

wait at night ;)

some more grassFX (with CSP 1.39) with boosted scale (SHAPE_SIZE=6.5 the online file value is 2, above 7 the grassFX just goes above the existing bushes, nobody wants that), it does break few areas like path or anywhere i modelled things on top of phoenix terrain though...
20200209123633_1.jpg
but the overall feeling is pretty awesome!
20200209123010_1.jpg20200209122918_1.jpg20200209122824_1.jpg20200209122808_1.jpg20200209122701_1.jpg
20200209122532_1.jpg

see details 'how to'
+ the downloaded file la_canyons.ini can be altered by you, it's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded

some more grassFX (with CSP 1.39) with boosted scale (SHAPE_SIZE=6.5 the online file value is 2, above 7 the grassFX just goes above the existing bushes, nobody wants that), it does break few areas like path or anywhere i modelled things on top of phoenix terrain though...
View attachment 348388
but the overall feeling is pretty awesome!
View attachment 348381View attachment 348382View attachment 348383View attachment 348384View attachment 348385View attachment 348386

see details 'how to'
+ the downloaded file la_canyons.ini can be altered by you, it's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded

Nice, I'll give that a go :thumbsup:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 479 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 290 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 316 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 144 21.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 186 27.1%
Back