LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Heavy traffic in the opposite lane in the morning seems to be how it is on the real road, atleast Mon thru Fri

During the week ACH is a way to commute from Palmdale-Los Angeles and then back in the evening, avoids a ton of traffic on the freeway and is a nice scenic drive. Unfortunately a lot of these morons who just commute through there do not respect the road and there are frequent crashes, as well as lots of impatient drivers crossing the double yellow line to pass dangerously.

On the weekends there's lots of traffic both directions in the morning-midday, a mix of canyon carvers and tourists who don't know how to use turnouts :mad:

During the week ACH is a way to commute from Palmdale-Los Angeles and then back in the evening, avoids a ton of traffic on the freeway and is a nice scenic drive. Unfortunately a lot of these morons who just commute through there do not respect the road and there are frequent crashes, as well as lots of impatient drivers crossing the double yellow line to pass dangerously.

On the weekends there's lots of traffic both directions in the morning-midday, a mix of canyon carvers and tourists who don't know how to use turnouts :mad:

So during the week in the middle of the day is the best time ?

been testing the new grass and documentation ilja wrote
if you want to give it a go, i updated the config file online
i tried it with CSP version 1.39 & 1.40 (some weird motion blur here for me)

View attachment 347985

20200206214851_1.jpg

20200206212620_1.jpg

ps; @alekabul i did it :p
You sure did! About that documentation - where can I get it?
On the LAC grass subject - the photos tell a different story and my home is too far from the real road to check it by myself. That`s why I kept the old less grassy look in the game.
Cheers!
LAC2 irl.jpg

Last edited:
You sure did! About that documentation - where can I get it?
On the LAC grass subject - the photos tell a different story and my home is too far from the real road to check it by myself. That`s why I kept the old less grassy look in the game.
Cheers!
View attachment 348020
yeah i know all too well
i've been on google street view far too much
and depending on the season it also looks different. (when it's not burning :x)
So it's gonna have to be a compromise of what we can have in AC i'm afraid.
Now gimme AC2 and we'll talk :D

we're not looking at bushes, but a blanket of it !

doc is here : https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/wiki/Tracks-–-Grass-FX

i've only played with scale, and the threshold & luminance to get a fair balance between dry spawn and green spawn. Ideally it would require a different setting for lawn versus wild.
and probably custom models for it, but that's starting to be a project of its own!

Besides, i don't want to rely too much on grassFX, many CSP version aren't supporting it. It does offer a fairly nice and quick solution tho. Try SHAPE_SIZE = 4.0 or 5 it starts to be fun :D

Last edited:
Replay also in 'track mode' works perfect.
Only thing I noticed is the long waiting time when exiting the two way traffic mode. Takes about 1 minute before you're back in the CM menu. Maybe because of deleting a swap/page file or so?
If that problem persists @Phoenix77 may need to check and edit the timers of the layout from "AC_AB_START_**" to "AC_TIME_**" as the delay upon exit of the layout means the CSP is preparing the crash dump which accumulate in "..\Users\******\Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\" folder. Speaking from own experience..

Only seems to happen on the 2 way version. Only solution I've come up with at the moment is to Alt tab pull up Task Manager and end task on acs.exe before attempting to exit AC.

1 way traffic layout exits ok. Perhaps AC has problems dealing with two separate AI lines.
No, the game has hard time generating the session report when the timers are wrongly named. Like my first shot at Fonteny 2-way. In the meantime while the dev`s are sorting it I recommend ending the session with Alt+F4 in which case the generating of the dump still goes on but in background.

Last edited:
For anyone still experiencing crashes when exiting the "2-Way Traffic" layout, I upgraded CSP to 0.1.39, entered the game, waited a minute, and closed it, and nothing terrible happened. I had been using 0.1.36 before when I saw crashes, so perhaps it was simply a CSP bug in that version. But it seems to be happier now.

I just about fell out of my chair when I found this. It has been my pleasure to sing the praises of this mod whenever I can on my channel. :D
Screenshot_bo_caterham_academy_lhd_la_canyons_2-2-120-23-34-58.jpg

P.S has anyone seen any of these yet... Is it a bird... Is it a plane.... or is it an Unidentified Flying Object?

I haven't noticed airplanes, but these guys sure did catch my attention! Somebody call Mulder and Scully!
Screenshot_bo_caterham_academy_lhd_la_canyons_3-2-120-0-26-3.jpg

I'm having a problem with FFB coming out of the driveway of the houses the FFB is so strong it feels like I'm on a dirt road any idea which direction I should look to fix this, all other tracks are fine also FFB is very strong in the area near the damn if I tune it down to where it is low enough on the driveway or the dirt road I can't feel anything on the normal roads. I'm new to Assetto Corsa but I know my way around modding so any help is appreciated. Oh and @Phoenix77 sir you are an amazing modder and what an asset to the community. When I saw you were releasing LA Canyon 1.2 I was excited but when I saw you had VIP content I was beside myself joy. I could not wait to donate to your fine work and I am so pleased with what I received what a beautiful recreation of this area I love it. I can't wait to further support your content in the future you have gained a loyal fan. Thanks for your WORK!

This info is golden, can we please have it in mod FAQ.
Yeah sure will have to condense it down, hope it helped!
May take a little while to get it in there.
Quick question: I assume that blue, yellow and finish flags as well as the wrong way sings will stop showing up in every other situations that are not related to the track?
Does that mean that if you want to see yellow and blue flags in regular races you will have to use the backup files?
Yes they're Assetto files... If you replace them, you won't see those flags & wrong way in any other session. This is why my instructions in the Install Guide go into greater detail. Listing files that will be overwritten. I include a backup of all files overwritten, but for ease of turning them on/off I'd recommend using JSGME / CM Mods section. When you want them... enable them, when you want to go back to default... disable them.
An absolute honour to be thanked!
No worries mate, thanks for the great screenshots... Will be interesting to see what screenshots you will get with the HR texture pack. I have road textures 4 times sharper :)
If that problem persists @Phoenix77 may need to check and edit the timers of the layout from "AC_AB_START_**" to "AC_TIME_**" as the delay upon exit of the layout means the CSP is preparing the crash dump which accumulate in "..\Users\******\Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\" folder. Speaking from own experience..
when the timers are wrongly named
Cheers.... Well they weren't wrongly named (it was intentional)... after recording the 52 mile loop AI line... I replaced the timing 'gates' with stage timing... So currently you can do a Timed Reverse Loop through traffic... Without renaming them... You'd have to circle round where the AI do... to get a 'timed 2 laps'. But well spotted! and thanks for spending the time making the addon mods, even if some may conflict slightly with future.... plans :D

Anyone wanting Two-Way traffic to run as I intended it to... and if you have a strong PC... Turn on as many AI as you can run (Up to 54) and do a Race for spread out AI.... Then head down the hill (anti-clockwise) for a timed lap through traffic!

Last edited:
I'm having a problem with FFB coming out of the driveway of the houses the FFB is so strong it feels like I'm on a dirt road any idea which direction I should look to fix this, all other tracks are fine also FFB is very strong in the area near the damn if I tune it down to where it is low enough on the driveway or the dirt road I can't feel anything on the normal roads. I'm new to Assetto Corsa but I know my way around modding so any help is appreciated. Oh and @Phoenix77 sir you are an amazing modder and what an asset to the community. When I saw you were releasing LA Canyon 1.2 I was excited but when I saw you had VIP content I was beside myself joy. I could not wait to donate to your fine work and I am so pleased with what I received what a beautiful recreation of this area I love it. I can't wait to further support your content in the future you have gained a loyal fan. Thanks for your WORK!
I would guess this would be related to the... uh... "realistic earthquake physics feature" of the larger layouts. :D At the extreme edges of the layout, the AC engine itself gets shaky, which can amplify bumps and cause shakiness if your FFB is turned up, in addition to shaky-cam visual effects. IIRC, @Ben O'Bro posted an illustration that showed just how far the LA Canyons map extends beyond AC's "usual" limits, but I can't seem to find it in this thread. It's pretty astounding how big this map is. Kunos clearly never expected a mod like this, and considering the way the simulation algorithm apparently works underneath, it's a wonder we don't all just fall through the ground out there half the time.
Also, the curbs in front of the driveways are pretty tall, so if you're in a low car... maybe invest in some spare rear bumpers.

I just about fell out of my chair when I found this. It has been my pleasure to sing the praises of this mod whenever I can on my channel. :D
View attachment 348045

I haven't noticed airplanes, but these guys sure did catch my attention! Somebody call Mulder and Scully!
View attachment 348046
My pleasure giving a shout out to your channel, great videos mate... And you gained my Maximum Respect for doing your 24HR charity stream for a childrens hospital! Just showing this respect back to you, keep doing what you're doing Pasha! :)

And those guys are just the.... Fast moving scouts ;) But who are they scouting for? lol ;)

I would guess this would be related to the... uh... "realistic earthquake physics feature" of the larger layouts. :D At the extreme edges of the layout, the AC engine itself gets shaky, which can amplify bumps and cause shakiness if your FFB is turned up, in addition to shaky-cam visual effects. IIRC, @Ben O'Bro posted an illustration that showed just how far the LA Canyons map extends beyond AC's "usual" limits, but I can't seem to find it in this thread. It's pretty astounding how big this map is. Kunos clearly never expected a mod like this, and considering the way the simulation algorithm apparently works underneath, it's a wonder we don't all just fall through the ground out there half the time.
Also, the curbs in front of the driveways are pretty tall, so if you're in a low car... maybe invest in some spare rear bumpers.

I recall it to be around 8km radius from the center of the map, which would match the distances if measured around Strawberry Peak (about map center) to both the damn and La Cañada Flintridge

Thanks Scorpio!
It's unfortunately something I can't do anything about... For now... Maybe if LA Canyons is made for another engine this could be addressed.... But for now... This post explains why the shaking occurs
Up to around 8 - 9km from the maps 0,0,0 origin should be ok, shaking wise. It's also less noticeable while driving.

Now the main area is pretty much all done... Splitting various sections into Standalone Supporter versions is a possibility... e.g Clear Creek to La Cañada. Recentering the 0,0,0 origin.
Really glad you're loving the Canyons, drive safe... and maybe one day soon I'll see you on the road :)

Thanks Scorpio!
It's unfortunately something I can't do anything about... For now... Maybe if LA Canyons is made for another engine this could be addressed.... But for now... This post explains why the shaking occurs
Up to around 8 - 9km from the maps 0,0,0 origin should be ok, shaking wise. It's also less noticeable while driving.

Now the main area is pretty much all done... Splitting various sections into Standalone Supporter versions is a possibility... e.g Clear Creek to La Cañada. Recentering the 0,0,0 origin.
Really glad you're loving the Canyons, drive safe... and maybe one day soon I'll see you on the road :)

I'd love to see some time attack versions of the extra roads, with recentered origin. Mt. Wilson seems to be just inside the max distance. But hey, we got so much already :D
I personally love the ACH Westbound road.

any1 getting checksum errors when play via server? I am getting it and don't know what the prob. I have reinstall it so many times and still having the same issue. I dont get the issue when I am playing single player mode. I setup a server using CM and join, I am getting the error. When I join a server setup using LA Canyons, I get the checksum error. I dont get the error when I join someone else server using LA Canyons.

any1 getting checksum errors when play via server? I am getting it and don't know what the prob. I have reinstall it so many times and still having the same issue. I dont get the issue when I am playing single player mode. I setup a server using CM and join, I am getting the error. When I join a server setup using LA Canyons, I get the checksum error. I dont get the error when I join someone else server using LA Canyons.
check here https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/la-canyons.134910/page-106#post-3112047

check also the (random) server you are joining isn't a 1.0, happened to me :)
also the FAQ on the main page could have some answers

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%