LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Dam pictures look complete, it spills over when necessary, doesn't look mid construction to me.

AO... some like it some don't, sometimes it's prebaked as a texture, sometimes it's done via shaders. AC used to support it via Yebis right in the game but they removed it with one of the patches along with depth buffer access, killing access to it even for SweetFX/Reshade. As such I guess only the shader mod may have depth buffer if he found it, otherwise it's again prebaked as a texture. Definitely nice to have for rock formations.

There's a pre-baked per-vertex AO file available for LAC, for those using Ilja's shader mod. Didn't want to post a link without @Phoenix77 's permission, but here's a couple of screens:

View attachment 274208 View attachment 2 View attachment 274210 View attachment 274211
Cheers mate, appreciate you sharing the info :)

Hmm... as a track maker, I'm not sure how I feel about a new shader that does that.

I feel like AO is what helps to set good/greats apart from just average tracks. But if rips and RTB tracks can look just as good but with no effort now.... :cautious:

If there was a 'make stupidly huge AC canyon track' button in 3DS....
I have to confess... I would have been tempted to press it.
So if there's a similar 'make baked shadows for stupidly huge AC track' button, I'll probably be tempted to try that too :D
At the end of the day... I'm honoured that Ilya chose to practice his wizardry skills on LA Canyons :)

dang you were there in real life!
took me a moment when you talked about the gates closed, i thought in AC ...
That seems so unreal to me! Such an amazing drive it must be when you've spent time driving the thing ingame.
thanks a lot for these pictures. I think i understand the basics of the dam, once the Fox body is done, it will be turn for the dam, i'll take some liberties and model it to how i think i see it :)
Beautiful weather, plus you met Smokey for real :D

edit: 1000th message on the support thread :o

1000th message.... That will have to mean a prize giving ceremony! :D

Awesome Fox Body mate!
I'm sure Matt will like having it preserved in someway in AC :)
btw the auction is currently up to $65,000!

I'm having a lot of fun with the Giulia. :inlove:
giulia-la.png

giulia-la-rain.png

Until then be sure to enable the AI Flood option in the CM. Woooooooooooo weeee crazy times driving with AI traffic all around, hahha.
You mean Track Day? if so i didnt know thats what it was called. thats exactlly why i wish to limit the ai to one lane because the ai acts a little funky in about 3 diffrent sections of the course.

so if you use that offset value... and set traffic the other way around too ? :p
would need some speed limitation as now everyone seems to be late for their appointment or something XD
oooh this is new to me cause i think im still on CM lite, btw what does the spawn at and spawn attempt set do?

Last edited:
so if you use that offset value... and set traffic the other way around too ? :p
would need some speed limitation as now everyone seems to be late for their appointment or something XD

I adjusted the offset value, didn't seem to change anything although it may work in conjunction with another setting. At some point we are going to need a college degree in Content Manager to fully understand all of its capabilities, hahah.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • WEC app/website

• Watch party

• At a friends house