LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for that, I hadn't had time to try AI flood with LAC, due to so much amazing stuff going on in AC at the moment. Makes it look more fun actually! Having to dodge all those cars.
I see yesterday Ilya released working indicators you can assign to keys->buttons on your wheel (I haven't tried it yet). He's a genius. That would be great for LAC actually, as quite often when in a group the leader goes to turn off to a side road and everyone crashes when he brakes.

Cheers,
Divxmaster

I somehow doubt those are synced in multiplayer, are they? Did someone check it?

They do get synced in MP between players using up to date shader patch. Not saved in replays yet. Main issue would be that 4 cars have turn signals... so you'd have to run the server with E30, F40, Yellowbird, and Gallardo.

They do get synced in MP between players using up to date shader patch. Not saved in replays yet. Main issue would be that 4 cars have turn signals... so you'd have to run the server with E30, F40, Yellowbird, and Gallardo.

Awesome news, just have to wait until the other cars are done I suppose! Right time to go on to the next thing, prebaked VAO files (#vertex-ao-library), I hope the LAC one is in there. So much to learn about an install at the moment, its a great time to be driving AC!

update: yes the LAC one can be downloaded from there.

Cheers,
Divxmaster

Last edited:
..No worries mate, I've seen the issues... Maybe the One Way Traffic layouts will help a little, as I haven't had the issues. If someone lets Ilya know, maybe he can do some more wizardry... or confirm it's something (or not) with AI flood feature?
I personally think @correca has done an epic job with the AI lines, and edges..
So I'm not sure it's something to do with the AI line itself. It is a shame... as it's a seriously awesome feature for the canyons... almost equally as awesome as night runs.
I have alerted Ilja on his Discord channel about the AI flood issue and he said he'll sort it out. AI flood for long tracks like LA Canyons is so great because it allows even potato PCs like mine to drive with many AI cars. Driving the F40 felt like going back to 'The Duel: Test Drive II' on the Amiga :D.

Try running the reverse layout with AI. The AI Flood feature seems to work much better than with the normal layout. I've noticed an AI car crash but I've not seen any zombie spawning as of yet. I'll have to see what happens when the AI approach the bridge from this direction.

I have alerted Ilja on his Discord channel about the AI flood issue and he said he'll sort it out. AI flood for long tracks like LA Canyons is so great because it allows even potato PCs like mine to drive with many AI cars. Driving the F40 felt like going back to 'The Duel: Test Drive II' on the Amiga :D.
I doubled the "Push Force" in the New Behaviour settings, it did make it a little better. But Ilja wrote about rethinking the spawn methods of the cars and somehow connecting them to each car's speed

Try running the reverse layout with AI. The AI Flood feature seems to work much better than with the normal layout. I've noticed an AI car crash but I've not seen any zombie spawning as of yet. I'll have to see what happens when the AI approach the bridge from this direction.
I mainly drive the reverse ribbon and it's there that I first spotted this behaviour. So it's worse on the normal layout?

Same issues in the same place with the reverse layout although since the bridge is much farther away on the reverse layout you can get a good run with the AI for a while.

Having the spawned cars matching the speed of other AI cars in the vicinity makes sense.

What does AI Flood mean? What is it supposed to do?

This track is coming along spectacularly. Just...Wow. Sometimes I'll do runs where I try my best to stay in my lane, like if I was driving this road in real life and cars could be coming around the bend or a police officer might be parked up ahead. I still drive like I stole the thing and I cross the double lines a lot, but I don't necessarily take "racing lines" around every corner. :)

A system implemented in the AC Custom Shader mod that spawns and despawns the AI cars "around" the player car, so that its like endless traffic but with only like 12 active cars at all times. Great for huge tracks like this or Nordschleife. So cars that you overtake will be reset in front of you, cars that overtake you disappear and reappear behind you again.

Can someone tell me how you go about getting the additional VIP roads? I made a donation and assumed I'd be sent a download link, but I haven't received anything. What's the next step?

Wait until Phoenix has some time to check his mails and send it to you. This is not an automated process. Please be patient. If you feel like it is taking too long, he will ask for your contact details once he reads your message here.

This track is coming along spectacularly. Just...Wow. Sometimes I'll do runs where I try my best to stay in my lane, like if I was driving this road in real life and cars could be coming around the bend or a police officer might be parked up ahead. I still drive like I stole the thing and I cross the double lines a lot, but I don't necessarily take "racing lines" around every corner. :)
Think busy track day but with the performance benefits of only half-a-dozen AI.

I find myself doing the same thing. It actually adds a dimension of fun to it. Not that going balls to the wall with the racing line isn't also fun. But there's something about trying to stick your lane on a track like that in a road car that I just like. I do the same with Black Cat County Road. Although, that one does have oncoming traffic, so you have to ...LOL

Jeepers. Crashing over a cliff in VR at LAC and diving towards the ground is literally the stuff of nightmares. There's a hopeless, blissful moment of clarity where time seems to slow down and you realise that you are just about to die and there's absolutely nothing you can do to stop it. I've woken up from dreams like that in the past. Genuinely scary.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Watch party

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 1.7%