LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
You just have to be patient, he will get to you as soon as he's able.

Been waiting for more than a month now. "Being paitent" is easier said than done. Donated more for this one track than I spent on any actual single DLC for AC. Don't get me wrong, much respect and massive love for Phoenix for creating one of the greatest driving roads in any sim but honestly he should've just put up a sellfy account or something (like RSS does) that automated the process if his plan was to have a upgrade for donors. Him sending out links by hand as it seems to be the case now seems more of a hassle for both him and the people that pay for it expecting something in return.

At this point I'm left wondering if he is just flooded with donations and having a hard time sending out links (to which the solution is an automated middleware like I mentioned), on a vacation or something RL related for the last month which is an unfortunate time for someone like me to donate since I'm not his personal friend and do not know his personal situation to donate at the perfect time (the solution again is automation) and the last thing that makes me wonder is if 10 pounds is just not enough for the VIP package. I'm used to importing things to my country since nothing is sold here, I'm used to waiting weeks or months in some cases for stuff to arrive. But then again in those cases I'm actually certain that stuff is on the way so waiting is not a issue. I know I'm retarded and I just need to learn to be more "patient". But I hope you can understand where I'm coming from. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe I'm just disappointed that I had the entirety of the last month free for sims (which rarely is the case given that I never usually get any free time these days) and was reeeeally excited to drive on the VIP version and explore the new roads. Which did not turn out to be the case. Oh well. I wouldn't ramble on like this if I did not love the track LOL.

Hi all... long time since I've been on RD... Basically speaking... 1 week after releasing 1.0 I've had a real life SHTF time :poop:!!! To the point it was lucky 1.0 released when it did... or it wouldn't have been released, even now. Still it is what it is!

@Quick_Nils Thanks for the support, have you checked your spam folder?
@Torcano Cheers for the support.... Have you also checked your spam folder?
As you should both have it.

It's going to take me a while to sort out messages on here...
My emails and messages on here have been pretty tricky to deal with...
with limited internet.

Big thanks for all the support, and thanks to @Ben O'Bro @Kenny Paton @Rogerbee and everyone else that's been helping anyone with problems on here in my absence...
Much appreciated :thumbsup:

And thanks for everyone who has left a review, which has made LA Canyons the highest rated mod on Race Department. Many thanks! :)

No worries, just hope my advice has been correct. Life happens. It's just the way it can be. I haven't been on here all afternoon after a faulty charger began causing electrical issues in my room. Was running round unplugging everything, frantically trying to work out what was throwing the trip in the garage. I'd been using a charger to charge the PS4 controller I use for AC and I'd been leaving it switched on. It developed a fault which threw a trip and knocked out power in my room. I do have another charger I can use now, so all should be well now, touch wood.....

Wait a minute part of LA is actually mapped out and has outlines for the buildings. Are you planning to actually model LA?!? :O_o: Also thats a really nice view from up there. Especially at night :)

Attachments

• 20190502193414_1.jpg
    20190502193414_1.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 128
Wait a minute part of LA is actually mapped out and has outlines for the buildings. Are you planning to actually model LA?!? :O_o: Also thats a really nice view from up there. Especially at night :)
Glad you're liking the view :)
Some of downtown may have been a plan....
But after just witnessing someone openly offering to give out the full version in a server...
ATM I'm not sure that I will be making any other mods. That includes Mulholland Highway (The Snake).
It's a shame that there's always someone that chooses to spoil it for other people!

Regarding the whole coffee donation thing,
I stick by my decision of asking for a coffee, and not making it payware (up until now)
As most people have been more than kind! Thanks to all the genuine people out there :inlove:

For the small minority (maybe 10%) that find it difficult giving a penny more than they can get away with.
I live in the UK near London... "Google, how much does a coffee cost in London"
The person who donated 0.60p (30p after paypal fees) and wants a refund after not being sent
the VIP (Thank You) Roads ... Don't panic you'll get your refund!

A fellow Brit, who knew!?

That's sad about the twunt that wants to put LAC on a server. Please don't let the actions of one idiot stop you from doing something you clearly love. That Mulholland Highway sounds amazing. Somehow, the M1 going past Newport Pagnell Services just isn't as exciting!

Last edited:
There will always be some morons out there. It's the same people that get a pirated version of AC and then go and complain about stuff not working. Forget about them.
The way you do things where people with free versions can play online with people with VIP version is absolutly awesome. I wish everyone would adapt to that method. Also for so much extra content, I think a donation of a fiver (£$€) would be minimum. Maybe set up a sellfy account so things can work automatically.
It's people like you, Alfie, Sergio, Lilski, Ilja, Peter and a lot of others, that will keep AC alive for many more years! Three cheers for you guys :)

(if you need testers for new content, shoot me a pm)

But after just witnessing someone openly offering to give out the full version in a server...
ATM I'm not sure that I will be making any other mods. That includes Mulholland Highway (The Snake).
It's a shame that there's always someone that chooses to spoil it for other people!

Don't let a few idiots influence you. We have lost several modders in the past for this kind of reason, it would be a shame if it happened again.

LA Canyons is a little wonder that has made me want to play AC over and over again. Nearly 33,000 km travelled and I still don't have enough.

I've met some very talented drivers on it lately and I think I'm going to burn a lot more gas, not to mention all the tires I'm going to waste in the near future.

If you still have the motivation, go ahead. I would love to see an update on Pacific Coast with all the things you and Ben have learned with LAC. Not to mention what can be done now with water and wind, thanks to Ilja!

• Deleted member 197115

People who appreciate your work will donate anyway even if they got content for free from some a-hole server.

what can be done now with water and wind, thanks to Ilja!

Oh don't you worry, this and "sound" are something that will be looked into when the time comes !
It's what's missing in LAC at the moment, stopping to enjoy the scenery, and everything so still and silent.

One thing lead to another... next thing you know, we made north LA aha
The only outline is Downtown, to make it visible in the distance. Due to the limited viewing distance, i had to bring it closer... so it's not 100% accurate but gives a decent idea.
20181012221152_1.jpg earlier version of LAC, and earlier of shader patch allowed for correct position of Downtown still visible, thet updated it, and we adjusted our version of LA
The shapes of highway, i tried to look on google map and follow basically the highways, rest is just automated little lights distributed on the ground to create the city lights (i used the same tool as for the trees and bushes), but nothing's drivable! And it will most likely never will, cause game engine limitations (see here for few more info : https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/la-canyons.134910/page-69#post-2930662).
If you do drive there, floating triangles are very psychedelic !!

On a last note, congrats @Fat-Alfie for taking back the #1 spot ;p

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 162 66.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 110 45.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 116 47.5%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 43 17.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 68 27.9%
Back