LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
So donations for LAX VIP work like loot boxes?
Nice.
Well, you usually get at least something out of a lootbox, don't you? Getting what you want from it is another story. I do hope there are no games where you really can buy completely empty lootboxes. But I better shut up or some company will implement this.

no @shmafoozius, he is dishonest!

He claims not to have received my gift so I give him the proof as he requested!
He changes the rules while at the time of the donation, I was eligible for the vip map.
he shows you a screen of October 4th while I donated on September 28th.

He is dishonest!

In addition, he avenge by disclosing my personal info, so I will file a complaint.
His info is commercial and given to him publicly!

It would not be enough if he had been honest!

I rather think Phoenix claiming to not having received your donation may be an honest mistake. One can easily miss some generic notification e-mail or delete it by mistake. It worked just fine for so many other people. For what reason do you think you're in any way special so that he chose to completely ignore you and your donation? (Which reading the thread was not the case as he sent you the extras; checking your own spam mails is your responsibility)

One would usually just ask nicely if there was any issue with the donation, also providing some kind of proof. Also, as Phoenix has already stated, it's kind of hard to match paypal accounts to Racedepartment usernames. There's just no relation without mentioning it specifically so you would have done good to send him a private message with your mailaddress or just sending him an e-mail directly as you obviously already had his contact.

I don't know if the whole thing may have been caused by a language barrier, but asking "what are you playing?" is all but asking nicely. I can totally understand that he was feeling offended here. Sure, he could and should have also just have asked nicely for some form of proof of your donation. However, he's not running a business here and having to deal with so many "requests" of the same kind can be quite exhausting, leading to reactions like this.

By the way, what's wrong with getting the extras on the 4th of October when you have donated just some days before on the 28th of September? Again, he's not running a business, he's doing this in his spare time and is not obliged to instantly react to all mails and transactions on paypal.

Phoenix is still the one deciding if you're eligible to receive the extras. However, I can tell from experience that the amount shown on your previous screenshot should have sufficed and he did in fact send you the mail. Again, you're responsibility to check your spam folder or ask nicely for support.

For the thing with the personal information, you're also both in the wrong here. None of you had any right to post those in a public forums without consent of the other one. Again, Phoenix is not doing this comercially. You stating otherwise does not make this true. Even if he did the same to teach you a lesson, he shouldn't have done that.

Maybe it would have been better not to have this whole VIP stuff to begin with but I don't want to miss it. I just hope the Patreon is the way to prevent further misunderstandings...

no @shmafoozius, he is dishonest!
He claims not to have received my gift so I give him the proof as he requested!
He changes the rules while at the time of the donation, I was eligible for the vip map.
he shows you a screen of October 4th while I donated on September 28th.

He is dishonest!

In addition, he avenge by disclosing my personal info, so I will file a complaint.
His info is commercial and given to him publicly!

It would not be enough if he had been honest!

Dude, honestly, let it go. Do you realise how ungrateful you sound? Just think for a minute: why in the world would he not want to send you the VIP roads just like he did with everybody else? it makes no sense. There could have been a problem on his side or maybe yours, lost emails, whatever, I don't care. Even if it had been a problem on his end, that's no way to react, calling him dishonest is not the way to go. If he was dishonest everybody here would be posting saying "yeah, he's this or that" and that's not the case.

He has one of the most popular mods in the community, that he gave you and everyone for FREE. It's obvious you like it enough that you want to play the extra roads and that's why you made a donation, not to thank him for the free roads you got for free in the first place but because you want more from him, which is ok, I'm sure that's the same reason why many people made a donation but you have to keep in mind that you're donating, not buying, he's entitled to do with those VIP roads whatever the hell he likes, first because it's HIS work and second because he's sending them at his discretion, with no obligation whatsoever on his side.

It's pretty obvious to me that if he didn't send them (well, he actually did but even if he hadn't) is because something must have happened, not because he has anything against you. Don't get me wrong, I get your frustration, you tried the free roads, loved them, wanted to play the extra km's and didn't like to wait or see everyone else playing while you couldn't. That's ok, I totally get it, I'm not the most patient man in the world either, but that's not the way to go about things, you should have messaged him in private, sent him proof and I'm very sure he would have sorted it out as soon as he possibly could, there is no reason why he wouldn't want to. Also, people have a life and other things to deal with more important than checking out a forum every minute of the day. As far as I know this is a hobby for him, not a work so give the guy a break.

Anyway, not trying to convince you or anything but if you put yourself in his place for a minute I think you should realise that calling him dishonest wasn't a very nice thing to say. Maybe it's too late but an apology wouldn't hurt, just saying.

So donations for LAX VIP work like loot boxes?
Nice.

I'm going to take that as a joke or sarcasm...

Do you know what the problem is? the problem is these days nobody wants to pay for anything anymore, it doesn't matter how good it is or the effort put into it or the amount of hours spent doing something, we just want everything quick and free, like those people who made €0.01 donations and then complained they didn't get the VIP roads. Honestly, what the hell is wrong with people?

a tease of the 1.2
here's the updated pines for the main track.
Few fixes, but mostly covered the valley of the start area ;)
it was way too naked there
http://benobro.org/subLAC/main_pines191117.7z (just replace the current main_pines.kn5 if you wish)

20191117161549_1.jpg

I'm not going to give a concrete date... and not mentioning the word soon again :D

Obviously there are a lot of areas to check with 900km², 150km's of roads and x16 layouts.
I'm sure most people won't want to download 385mbs twice. (1.2 will be smaller in size than 1.0)

Those that have previously shown support will be notified by email in due course. Starting with my top supporters.
Those that have previously shown amazing support will get first access.
Obviously this administration will also factor into the actual release date,
As will my real life circumstances, which can be dynamic (and that will always be the case).

When I know a date, I'll make that date known! ;)

I am so looking forward to this update. It's seriously amazing the amount of work you have put into this. Any idea when your patreon will be up and running as when I have enough spare funds I will definitely be crossing your virtual palms with silver as you thoroughly deserve it. Loving the added pine trees from Ben o'Bro too.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 462 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 282 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 305 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 179 27.1%
Back