LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
I've come to realize that I'll never understand the fascination with hot air balloons here.

but just look at it !!
1574279057515.png

I was wondering.. with the balloon technique, why not make moving clouds that hover low into the canyons? It'd be quite cool to go on top of one of the hills and see clouds below. Not sure if this makes any sense, but hey you guys are crazy enough already right?
that's not a bad idea
don't know if it's been tried before

the issue being that, dynamic object only move on a straight line forever.
Inside a valley would mean it will go through a mountain at some point
or be stationary

other issue is to represent the volume of the cloud correctly if you can see it from below, then side, top etc.
but fat alfie did some myst over his river, so everything is possible :p

it's also not linked to the weather at all, but only to a random chance of appearing

it's interesting anyways to try something

that's not a bad idea
don't know if it's been tried before

the issue being that, dynamic object only move on a straight line forever.
Inside a valley would mean it will go through a mountain at some point
or be stationary

other issue is to represent the volume of the cloud correctly if you can see it from below, then side, top etc.
but fat alfie did some myst over his river, so everything is possible :p

it's also not linked to the weather at all, but only to a random chance of appearing

it's interesting anyways to try something

I think the way to do it, is use a local particle FX via Contant Maneger/CSP, then an invisible "box" where needed. I don't know how it could be triggered or controlled though, but I'm sure the guys behind those mods could work it out.

I think the way to do it, is use a local particle FX via Contant Maneger/CSP, then an invisible "box" where needed. I don't know how it could be triggered or controlled though, but I'm sure the guys behind those mods could work it out.
yeah that's what i thought also, having a CSP trigger somehow
and maybe their smoke shader too
i'll talk to Ilja about it ^^ like he didn't have enough work :p

Stefano must absolutely hate this guy (llja).
When you think about it, he is really keeping them from moving forward with future plans for a new version of Assetto Corsa.
Great for us but man, it must really be a fly in the ointment for them.

Stefano must absolutely hate this guy (llja).
When you think about it, he is really keeping them from moving forward with future plans for a new version of Assetto Corsa.
Great for us but man, it must really be a fly in the ointment for them.
"hate" is a strong word, and most likely inappropriate here.
I'd say he's impressed and could also be thankful that he keeps the love around AC going !
There will be interest whenever AC 2 comes anyways, new engine, new content new possibility etc.
i do hope ilja gets the greetings he deserves with some professional career opportunity coming his way at some point
selfishly i'd say not too soon or we won't have update of CSP anymore :p

"hate" is a strong word, and most likely inappropriate here.
I'd say he's impressed and could also be thankful that he keeps the love around AC going !
There will be interest whenever AC 2 comes anyways, new engine, new content new possibility etc.
i do hope ilja gets the greetings he deserves with some professional career opportunity coming his way at some point
selfishly i'd say not too soon or we won't have update of CSP anymore :p
Not hate as in personally hating someone...'hate' as in the "you've really, really complicated our business plan" kind of way.
We all love and marvel at what he has been able to achieve in AC, but think about it from a KS business standpoint.
The 'peak of interest' is probably way past what they as a developer must have planned for prior to the next big move.
It also shows no sign of slowing down any time soon.
It is really a good thing ACC is a niche sim that caters to a specific audience.
Any new multi-category sim would have immediately been under-cut by the advances made to AC by his genius.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 467 70.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 306 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 180 27.1%
Back