Michael Schumacher

ya_rly.jpg
im-a-chikin-lol.jpg

But if they get their 3 cars per team... And Massa doesn't race again (god forbid)... And Rakkionen goes to world Rally... Ferrari have been linked with both Alonso and Hamilton...

Unlikley but a Hamilton, Alonso, Schumacher super-team would be just simply :drool:

LoL Luca would get bald over it. imagin the radio, Hamilton crys cuz Alonso is infront of him driving slow
while Alonso is crying that Schumi is blocking him. wich schumi answers with "there is no need to let them past as my contract says i am the number one driver :p

Hamilton? Ferrari? You must have fallen out of your tree! He could go to an English team, if he won with say Williams, imagine the media. Perhaps even Prodrive, they were linked with McLaren before.

I've just read the article that Ben posted from Autosport and I have to say that Montezemolo is a complete prat. If he considers Badoer to be a "mediocre" driver then why did they hire him as a test driver?

I can't believe he would say something like that about one of his employees, especially when said employee now has to prepare for a race in a weeks time. It must be bad enough for Luca to have been passed over in the first place for what was in effect a publicity stunt and now his boss is quoted as insinuating he's mediocre.

Montezemolo your a prat and I hope Luca now lives up to your expectation and writes off a few expensive Ferrari chassis before handing him back the "keys" and saying, "Mediocre is what you expect, mediocre is what you get".

Great chance for Luca to finally earn some F1 points!:) He almost did that with the Minardi in '99 (which was the best car he raced with..). He was quite good compared to his team mates.
It won't be easy for him for sure, returning to F1 after 10 years! (is it a record?)

Woah Ric, chill. Perhaps he is a mediocre driver, but he gets the job done, and he obviously does it well if they use him for so long. Test driving doesn't ultimately involve being as quick as Schumacher.

I've just read the article that Ben posted from Autosport and I have to say that Montezemolo is a complete prat. If he considers Badoer to be a "mediocre" driver then why did they hire him as a test driver?

I can't believe he would say something like that about one of his employees, especially when said employee now has to prepare for a race in a weeks time. It must be bad enough for Luca to have been passed over in the first place for what was in effect a publicity stunt and now his boss is quoted as insinuating he's mediocre.

Richard I believe you have completely misinterpreted that article. What Luca di Montezemolo said. He was defending Ferrari's choice to put Schumacher in the car citing he'd rather have a mature proven driver like Schumacher than simply go by age and perhaps put a mediocre driver in the seat.

di Montezemolo said that there were clear reasons why Ferrari opted for its former champion rather than a young driver when it came to finding a replacement for Felipe Massa

Well we're talking about Michael Schumacher," said di Montezemolo. "He is 40 years old, but he's still from another planet.
"I prefer the champion, even if matured, to the mediocre driver, even if he's young. Our circus needed some great input

Far from calling Badoer a mediocre driver if you read further he actually says this when talking about Luca Badoer:

"[We have] faith in Luca Badoer, who's one of us," he said. "Destiny has given him a unique possibility now he has to make the best out of it. We will support him with all we've got

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 114 87.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 16.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 21 16.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 48 36.9%