Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

I'm not even sure this is necessary, but I designed a zip tie strain release for the G-Belt cables so the D-Box motion doesn't mess with them. The way I have things coiled up and secured to my rig, this is securing the 4 cables that are already bound together for stability at the point they converge and it only needs to steady the cables that are secured again about 15 inches away. So it's not a lot of weight to steady.

I'll think about it a bit before printing and verify my measurements.
1659637411445.png

Last edited:
I'm not even sure this is necessary, but I designed a zip tie strain release for the G-Belt cables so the D-Box motion doesn't mess with them. The way I have things coiled up and secured to my rig, this is securing the 4 cables that are already bound together for stability at the point they converge and it only needs to steady the cables that are secured again about 15 inches away. So it's not a lot of weight to steady.

I'll think about it a bit before printing and verify my measurements.
View attachment 589034
I really have to get a 3d printer to make these kind of “unnecessary” things, I find it fun/satisfying

First draft seems to work well. 5 hours to print wasn't bad.
Unless I move this box at some point, I'm calling this mission accomplished.

G-Belt Cable support

Also moved my 40 series G-Belt controller box files to Printables

Now I'm reprinting the updated cable relief/support for my tactile speaker cables and USB cables in Galaxy
Black also at about half the previous print time.

G-BeltRelief_8370.jpg

Last edited:
More good news!!!!

I was just looking at the SimXperience forum and they were asking for DCS beta testers in June for SimVibe and G-Belt / G-Seat etc.. So hopefully they are getting close!!!!

I currently only using SimCommander for my G-Belt effects, but since SimHub has no DCS support, I'd be happy to use the tactile side of this for DCS.

Last edited:
More good news!!!!

I was just looking at the SimXperience forum and they were asking for DCS beta testers in June for SimVibe and G-Belt / G-Seat etc.. So hopefully they are getting close!!!!

I currently only using SimCommander for my G-Belt effects, but since SimHub has no DCS support, I'd be happy to use the tactile side of this for DCS.
I would die for a DIY belt tensioner working on DCS, but I have no hope lol

I would die for a DIY belt tensioner working on DCS, but I have no hope lol
Now imagine it with D-Box, G-Belt and G-Seat along with SimVibe tactile.

It just might be fun! :)

PS. (not saying there is a G-Seat is in my future, just that it might be very cool for flight)

And that's what I get for not looking sooner!!!!
I just clicked on AutoDiscover and there it is!!!!!

dcs.JPG

Last edited:
The final version in Galaxy Black.
This shows how it works with the elastic band.

As is usually the case it looks much better to the naked eye without a flash.

loops_8371.jpg
Hooked_8372.jpg
suspendedback_8373.jpg
suspended_8374.jpg

Last edited:
First draft seems to work well. 5 hours to print wasn't bad.
Unless I move this box at some point, I'm calling this mission accomplished.

G-Belt Cable support

Also moved my 40 series G-Belt controller box files to Printables

Now I'm reprinting the updated cable relief/support for my tactile speaker cables and USB cables in Galaxy
Black also at about half the previous print time.

View attachment 589296

I moved to Arachne and a 0.6 nozzle, but printing times are almost identical. No idea what i'm doing wrong here, might need some help.

screenshot_28.jpg

Mark, after reading this, you will probably will want change the orientation of the AccuForce control box.

About 1,5 year ago i had sudden drop-outs of my Accuforce which uses a simular control box. It took me a very very long time to diagnose the issue. SimXperience support was no help, since they had no experience with this issue and they only ask you to do the basic stuff like changing and rearranging cables.

When trying to diagnose the issue, i tilted the AccuForce control box , it burned through and smoke was coming out.

Long story short, one of the coils of the power supply was broken and caused a short circuit. This was the result of 2 years motion of the SFX100.

Before mounting it to the rig, i asked SimXperience for advice. They told me i would ok to mount it on motion rig, as long as i did not mount it too close to transducers.

Their own specific motion board inside the box can handle motion easily, since there are no big coils or condensors on there. The power supply is a different story though.

So i replaced the power supply and reinforced the new one which hot glue on the critical places.

I also checked the control box of the GS-5 and it had no issues and i noticed there were some improvements inside the power supply. Still i reinforced it on a couple of places with some hot glue, building bridges.

I have both control boxes mounted laying flat now to reduce the stress on the components inside cause by the heave movements.

Here's a picture of a (general) power supply and the component that caused the short circuit. In the picture you can easily see why it's better to mount it laying flat.

power supply.jpg

Last edited:
in fact I bought several months ago the two RC blue servos showed on post #2. I have racing harnesses and flight belts too. and pretty sure clone arduino boards from previous experiments( wind fans, rpm display...)
food for thought, definitely.
my flight sim chair doesn´t have holes in the back though.
thank you for refeeding my brain lol

I moved to Arachne and a 0.6 nozzle, but printing times are almost identical. No idea what i'm doing wrong here, might need some help.

I saw the same thing and was also confused by it. Sorry I didn't mention this!

You just need to update your profiles!

They now have 0.4 (default), 0.25, and 0.6 nozzle profiles optimized for each nozzle size.

PrusaPresets.jpg

I'm both going to a 0.6mm profile and 0.2mm layer height to double the speed.

PrusaSlicer 2.4 ( has one preset for the printer)

mm Quality setting with the 0.4mm nozzle.
Print #1 13h 22m
Print #2 9h 47m

PrusaSlicer 2.5 alpha 3 ( has 3 presets for the printer )
with Arachne perimeter generation

0.15mm Detail with 0.6mm nozzle
Print #1 9hr 32m ( 28% less time )
Print #2 6h 45m ( 30% less time)

0.20mm Detail setting with the 0.6mm nozzle.
Print #1 7h 14m (45% less time )
Print #2 5h 14m (46% less time )

The one downside that I noticed was that the 0.6mm nozzle profile uses 10-20% more filament for the same print! I wasn't expecting that.

I may use the 0.15mm Detail if I'm concerned about detail, but so far the 0.2mm Detail seems to work well.

Last edited:
Long story short, one of the coils of the power supply was broken and caused a short circuit. This was the result of 2 years motion of the SFX100.

I have both control boxes mounted laying flat now to reduce the stress on the components inside cause by the heave movements.

Thanks for the information about your Power Supply.

The G-Belt uses a thin form factor Meanwell PS with smaller components. It appears more tightly packed and better secured than the PS picture you showed.

meanwellPS.jpg

I saw the same thing and was also confused by it. Sorry I didn't mention this!

You just need to update your profiles!

They now have 0.4 (default), 0.25, and 0.6 nozzle profiles optimized for each nozzle size.

View attachment 589469

I'm both going to a 0.6mm profile and 0.2mm layer height to double the speed.

PrusaSlicer 2.4 ( has one preset for the printer)

mm Quality setting with the 0.4mm nozzle.
Print #1 13h 22m
Print #2 9h 47m

PrusaSlicer 2.5 alpha 3 ( has 3 presets for the printer )
with Arachne perimeter generation

0.15mm Detail with 0.6mm nozzle
Print #1 9hr 32m ( 28% less time )
Print #2 6h 45m ( 30% less time)

0.20mm Detail setting with the 0.6mm nozzle.
Print #1 7h 14m (45% less time )
Print #2 5h 14m (46% less time )

The one downside that I noticed was that the 0.6mm nozzle profile uses 10-20% more filament for the same print! I wasn't expecting that.

Thanks i will have at that:thumbsup:

Thanks for the information about your Power Supply.

The G-Belt uses a thin form factor Meanwell PS with smaller components. It appears more tightly packed and better secured than the PS picture you showed.

View attachment 589487

Yep the same as the GS-5.

But still if you have the time, i still recommend opening up the power supply are reinforce where you think it's necessary and mount it laying flat.
This will give you more peace of mind during the heavy D-box movements.

With the AccuForce box i was lucky enough that it did not blow up the SimXperience board, which can only be replaced by SimXperience.
The power supplies are easy to get hold of.

Been trying to get back into iRacing practicing against the AI's. Time to bump the skill levels of the field again. Just got pole and then pulled ahead to lead the whole time. That wasn't racing.

It would seem that I'm more consistent and smoother braking with my right foot. After all that effort to make left foot braking more comfortable, it appears to have set me back. I've been told that left foot braking is simply the way to race over and over again and yet I'm a lot smoother with my right foot. It's probably a matter of just not racing enough to burn in left foot braking with the same level of control.

Viva the dead pedal for my recovering foot.

Last edited:
Yeah, but your transducers are isolated from your chassis, right?

They are, but would it make that much of a difference that I would be worry free with the box mounted the way we have it? I have had enough issues with the SFX-100 dropping out to the point that I removed and rid myself of it entirely. My main concern with devices such as the G-Belt is reliability. Now I'm in two minds to go and move it. Laying it flat would require me to add more mounting hardware. Annoying.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 254 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 205 27.4%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 141 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 61 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.4%