Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

They are, but would it make that much of a difference that I would be worry free with the box mounted the way we have it? I have had enough issues with the SFX-100 dropping out to the point that I removed and rid myself of it entirely. My main concern with devices such as the G-Belt is reliability. Now I'm in two minds to go and move it. Laying it flat would require me to add more mounting hardware. Annoying.
Based on everything I've heard about the D-Box from other owners, my expectations are very high in terms of reliability, low noise, EMI shielding, and overall feel.

Just like the NLRv3, I went for a turn key solution with refined software that is pretty much plug and play.

If I have issues with the D-Box being unreliable, I would be very surprised.

Been trying to get back into iRacing practicing against the AI's. Time to bump the skill levels of the field again. Just got pole and then pulled ahead to lead the whole time. That wasn't racing.

It would seem that I'm more consistent and smoother braking with my right foot. After all that effort to make left foot braking more comfortable, it appears to have set me back. I've been told that left foot braking is simply the way to race over and over again and yet I'm a lot smoother with my right foot. It's probably a matter of just not racing enough to burn in left foot braking with the same level of control.

Viva the dead pedal for my recovering foot.
I have been pondering this recently as well. I actually just did a bit of testing going back to right foot braking. I think this is directly related to what you are racing though. I pretty much exclusively race high downforce open wheel cars. I found that I was actually losing a considerable amount of time due to the constant back and fourth. Realistically this make sense because of the speed of the cars but nonetheless I wanted to test as I have been having issues with my left side by my tailbone. I think this may be related to heavy brakes over time.

I really do like how my Ultimate+ pedals feel. Damn it they don't just feel perfectly natural to me. Something about how they are setup just clicks better than I've had my pedals setup before. Zero regrets 100% upside!

And I still haven't touched a thing and left them as they came out of the box other than slightly reducing the clutch travel. I'm almost afraid to mess with them at this point. They just feel too good as they are.

Left foot braking really is the way to go for most cars unless you are trying to use an h pattern. If you are not as good with left foot its only because the time hasn't been put in to get the muscle memory.

I have never raced with AI in iracing, if you are trying to improve your times I would certainly get in to some practice sessions and see what others are doing, you will make good improvements by seeing what the faster guys in the practise sessions are doing.

I upped the AI to put me mid-pack in a field of 20 and then I had to claw my way up to p5. I still need to work on my consistency. I was outside the track limits a bit more than I like and made light contact with a couple cars. So ugly but still fun racing.

When I feel like I have a bit more consistency and control, I'll get back out there with the real boys :)

Last edited:
One more thing...
I think I may need one of these.

I think I'll put my previous heavy duty outlet strip with the surge suppresser back on for protection. Hoping to get a tracking number sometime today :)

1659981466180.png

Last edited:
I hacked up my own daisy chain power lead for the SFX-100 drivers. I could have had one extension lead for each, but I had them all coming together into one plug for the wall outlet. I'm surprised that D-Box hasn't got like a hub where it all plugs into and then a single plug for the wall outlet from there.

I hacked up my own daisy chain power lead for the SFX-100 drivers. I could have had one extension lead for each, but I had them all coming together into one plug for the wall outlet. I'm surprised that D-Box hasn't got like a hub where it all plugs into and then a single plug for the wall outlet from there.
For all I know it does and I just wasted my money.
I guess I'll find out when I actually have a box in hand.

Still waiting for an email with tracking #.

Hopefully there will be a couple large items on the way soon.

Last edited:
Pretty exciting!!!!!
I just got a tracking number for the Race Bass tactile plate and brackets!

I get to see my creations in person :)
Estimated to arrive on Thursday!

1660064064856.png

Last edited:
Below is for the plates coming from Belgium.

I may remove my NLRv3 ahead of the D-Box shipping and get this setup along with my seat sliders. I realize that removes the A/B testing, but it gets me further along. This should clean up the look of my rig nicely.

Meanwhile my wife is home from work with Covid. I'm still testing negative.

1660145081183.png

I have zero faith in the tests.

In our household, 3 of us had Covid-19 symptoms but only 2 had positive tests. Then, one of us kept testing positive for a week after symptoms were gone.

Prayers for speedy recovery and continued health.

Last edited:
Oh no! What have I done ;) LOL!

Pulled apart.
RigApart_8381.jpg

Removed what isn't staying. Set up a temporary flight stick mount and brought my seat sliders in. I'm hoping I can still have decent reach for the seat slider with the stick mount in place. That may or may not work.

I am expecting to slide the seat back for flight and to slide the flight pedals back. I may end up with a frame mounted stick eventually as long as it easily slides fore/aft.
Step2_8382.jpg

Hmmm.....
I think this idea has some promise....
Solid mount with the stick being able to slide back easily.

I'd love to get this so I could slide my flight pedals back far enough that I could use them with my driving pedals in place. I know other people have accomplished this.
FrameStickMount_8383.jpg

BTW... Yeah I got it too. Oh well. Not feeling tip top, but not suffering either.

Last edited:
Speaking from experience, the latest variant is milder but more lingering. I tested positive the Thursday before Independence Day weekend and was plagued by coughing jags into early August.

Glad you're able to tackle the rig. I could not do much other than watch video and sleep or try to sleep for 4-5 days.
My wife was lifting weights last night and only spent a couple days resting and sleeping a bit more than normal.

Looks like the hardware is still coming. Not sure I can video any of this if I'm talking given what my voice sounds like.

1660229189267.png

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 252 34.3%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 199 27.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 139 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 60 8.2%