Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

actually get 8 channels out
It has connectors for 7.1:
61aNC+lxXcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

and advertises 7.1 discrete output; it should be returnable to Amazon within 30 days if not.

It has connectors for 7.1:
and advertises 7.1 discrete output; it should be returnable to Amazon within 30 days if not.

I'll consider this for the future, but I'm over messing with this stuff for now.
My quiet fans for the EPQ304 arrive (tomorrow) and after I take care of that, I'm hoping not to mess with my computer or rig hardware for a little while.

I'd like to focus on setting up Tactile effects for iRacing, Dirt Rally 2, and eventually DSC.

FYI, SimExperience has said that they plan to add DSC support not only to SimVive Tactile but also to their product line, so the G-Belt as well. No telling how long a wait that will be, but at least it's coming.

Currently the tactile for Aviators software is simply effects based. Gun fire, landing gear retracting, etc... So it is triggered and not based on telemetry that I'm aware of. I assume that for G-Belt support it would be important to know if the plane were say inverted etc..

Last edited:
My understanding is Simhub is not encoding the soundcard channels via Dolby/DTS for a decoder to then operate with. I would think Simhub as a "source/platform" would need to be approved and licensed for either of those?

I don't think the overspill is much of a factor for most people and to be honest, most probably were not even aware of it.

Happy for you Mark to finally have this all back up together and can be enjoyed.
Maybe a video if you want to show the rig now moving again but seriously good work on the implementation of these and looking forward to your feedback with some effects ideas.

Last edited:
My understanding is Simhub is not encoding the soundcard channels via Dolby/DTS for a decoder to then operate with. I would think Simhub as a "source/platform" would need to be approved and licensed for either of those?

I don't think the overspill is much of a factor for most people and to be honest, most probably were not even aware of it.

Happy for you Mark to finally have this all back up together and can be enjoyed.
Maybe a video if you want to show the rig now moving again but seriously good work on the implementation of these and looking forward to your feedback with some effects ideas.

Just looked at the effects file you sent to me on Sept 19th. Had to update my copy of SimHub, but then it imported your effects without any issues. Think I'll actually try them out now :)

I'll get a video together at some point, I'm thinking the November timeframe after I've had a bit of time to use this. I have some work to finish for you before I do that.

Last edited:
I'm going to replace my 3D printed foot plate Race-Base mounts with aluminum angle. I'm getting a squeaking noise up front which started when I initially added the BK-CT. I believe that they are absorbing some of the impact as well. At first I thought this was the BK itself because it didn't feel as powerful as the BK on my seat and I had a squeaking noise.

I found that the power issue was related to the wiring and I believe the squeaking noise is not it's fault either. It is also possibly related to the rear 40x40 profile being held in place by a single corner brace on top on each side. After installing aluminum mounts I'll have room to sandwich the profile with a corner brace above and below it.

I'm going to print out a quick template to make a matching set of aluminum brackets.

1634897809584.png

Last edited:
Made and installed 1/4" 6061 aluminum angle Race-Base mounts in the back and added bottom corner braces to make it more solid.

So far it does feel more solid with better tactile sensations coming through, but I still have the squeak.

I need to make the front aluminum just to get additionally improved tactile sensations. If it still squeaks then I'll rotate my BK-CT's.

BackReinforcedAluminumMounts.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
your custom build becomes more and more custom :roflmao: :thumbsup:
What I'm learning is that the Race-Base isolators need a solid foundation to maximize tactile feedback.

It only makes sense. I guess I thought that since it was only the foot plate that is was not big deal, but the BK's put out a lot of force and it doesn't matter if it's a light foot plate. The Race Base isolation needs a solid mount point for the BK's do do their thing.

it doesn't matter if it's a light foot plate
On the contrary, I suspect that light load results in isolators
holding the foot plate against preload limits about half the time.
Ideally, springs would hold the foot plate at rest mid-way between travel limits.

Springs stiff enough to isolate seat and driver will generally be too stiff for a foot plate
...except for the proverbial lead foot.

There are metal mounts all around now and it absolutely does feel better than with the 3D printed parts.
So no plastic mounts!

I did verify that my BK is in fact the source of the squeaks. I can't hear the noise it makes when I have the headset on, but the sound it makes with an engine idling when I don't have my headset on gets on my nerves.

I'm going to swap my BK's just to absolutely make sure, but if this is the way it sounds all the time I will try to get a replacement for it.

metalmounts_7006.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting.
This is a BRAND new BK-CT. It doesn't rattle in the least, but it does squeak.

The BK-CT has a vertical split going down the middle, so I'm not sure how serviceable that is and I would ruin the pretty adhesive stickers.

• Deleted member 197115

Wow, that thing works. Completely fixed rattle on BK Mini-LFEs, I've used aerosol Lithium Spray, not sure how long it'll last, may be solid grease is more durable.

I've put some time on the effects that I've gotten for testing.

I do have my EPQ-304 set to just 2 notches of volume for the exciters as Mr. Latte recommended. At the moment I'm just using them whenever I'm using TST's to add a bit more ambiance and you can feel them at 2 notches of volume. They don't jump out but they add more presence by reinforcing what I already have. That is just a starting point.

My initial reactions are that the initial profile Mr. Latte sent me have effects that are a notch above the effects I had. Once I had the levels adjusted to taste, I felt like I could use them in place of all the effects I had in place. They don't cover every single effect iRacing supports, but everything I care about currently. Overall they are more complex and feel more natural and a bit less like "effects".

I decided to change tracks so I wouldn't have expectations for what everything "should" feel like based on how I had my effects setup before.

I'm still trying to decide the direction I want to go for some effects. There is configuring an effect like a crutch that provides information that you wouldn't feel in a race car and then there is configuring effects to feel realistic. For purely immersive effects, realism wins. For wheelspin, I'm still not sure if I would prefer to tweak things so I can feel sliding before you would in a real car just to give me an idea how close I am to the threshold.

Just tried things out in Dirt Rally 2.0.

I made a copy of this profile and then dialed down the Road Vibration and Rumble a lot.
It's funny because I used to have trouble getting feeling out of Dirt Rally, now it's coming through loud and clear.

I actually turned up my G-Belt settings for Cornering and Bumps. and it was a wild ride. I think I need to turn down my NLRv3 some more, but what a ride!

Is this the G-belt that you have?
I dedicated some pages in this thread to it from this last summer. Also did a YouTube video about it.

Bottom line is that I like it and it works well by itself, but also integrates nicely with tactile and and motion.

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 297 34.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 241 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 159 18.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.8%
  • At a friends house