Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally had my second quiet 40x40x20 Noctua fan to show up today, so I replaced the stock loud fans in my EPQ304. Much quieter!!!

Swapfans_7008.jpg

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Good to know that it help make the EPQ304 quiet!
I did this mod on my NX3000D and NX1000D but I was told that on the EPQ304 it was not necessary.....

You are using the EPQ304 for your 4 DA 40W exiters, right?
Which mini DSP did you buy?
Yes, 40W Dayton exciters and I got two t.racks mini 4x DSP. The epq304 is pretty loud, but not like my NX4-6000 was.

I swapped my BK from the rear to the front and as I expected the 1 year old unit was quiet.
So I've contacted BK about a return. I don't intend to open it up unless they suggest it. I've had this unit for less than a month and it falls under their 30 days no questions asked money back guarantee. BTW they put a two year warranty on these.

I've also ordered some M6x25 socket head bolts since the button heads don't have a good enough leverage point. The bolt heads I removed from the rear were mangled and I couldn't get my Allen key in properly. The socket heads take a larger Allen key and have a lot more surface area. According to Amazon they will arrive tomorrow.

SwapBKs_7011.jpg

One thing I haven't seen you discuss (might have missed it though) regarding tactile is the use in flight sims so was wondering are you running it in dcs at all?

One thing I haven't seen you discuss (might have missed it though) regarding tactile is the use in flight sims so was wondering are you running it in dcs at all?
I've owned a copy of Simshaker for Aviators since 2017, but I've never had it configured after a short attempt initially. At the time DCS didn't work well on my computer and I put it aside.

I've just updated my software and I plan to configure it shortly. It actually has effects specific to different aircraft. I've been told it's very good, but I haven't tried it out yet.

Last edited:
I've looked into simshaker as well - seems to have quite a good collection of effects, just wish that it would have simhub like channel assignment instead of adjusting the effect files separately.

I've looked into simshaker as well - seems to have quite a good collection of effects, just wish that it would have simhub like channel assignment instead of adjusting the effect files separately.

I have 2 transducers and 4 exciters on my seat using 2 separate audio cards, I'm not sure if I'll be limited to just one card or not.

The TST is mounted to the support plate for my stick. That could prove to be a good or bad thing.

SimXperience said on their forum that DCS support is planned for all of their products, which would mean my G-Belt would have use in DCS and SimVibe would work as well. Unfortunately I have no idea what their timeline for this support will be.

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Yeah, these do look to be completely canned effects only adjusted by intensity. Which means they can not be optimized per transducer......

You can put in your own wav files that are optimized per transducer but you would likely need to work in something like sound forge to do something like that. Luckily I have a copy of Sound Forge Pro :)

Not sure if/when I'll get to the point where I'm adjusting the effects to optimize for my TST and BK.

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Yeah, these do look to be completely canned effects only adjusted by intensity. Which means they can not be optimized per transducer......

You can put in your own wav files that are optimized per transducer but you would likely need to work in something like sound forge to do something like that. Luckily I have a copy of Sound Forge Pro :)

Not sure if/when I'll get to the point where I'm adjusting the effects to optimize for my TST and BK.
It appears the channel which is used for each effect is also within the wav files so probably need to look into some audio software to edit them as I had a major scare when testing and expecting my seat to rumble, instead my shifter started rattling about :roflmao:

Last edited:
It appears the channel which is used for each effect is also within the wav files so probably need to look into some audio software to edit them as I had a major scare when testing and expecting my seat to rumble, instead my shifter started rattling about :roflmao:
Interesting....

I can master 7.1 surround sound audio files :)

Ah.... I didn't say that. Nobody heard me say that I could build 7.1 files for Aviator. I actually don't even know if it's true yet.

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer :)

I'll see first what kind of operation it would be - I realized that I could sort my tactile to the channels according to simshaker and then adjust simhub to reflect that.

I'm very happy to say that Buttkicker has great support.

I sent an email on a Sunday, received a response Monday morning asking for a recording of squeaking.
I replied with a YouTube video showing it squeaking. I didn't make the video public.
This morning they said they would ship a replacement out to me with a return ship tag to send the bad one back.

Edit: Just got confirmation that it will ship out today! Was told I should see it tomorrow or Thursday. Edit Again: It will be Thursday

Pretty easy!

I got my bolts in the mail yesterday and currently have the squeaky transducer on the back of my seat which is the easier one to get to.

Got a number of new effects to play with :) Looking forward to that.

Also looking to prove through video that iRacing has Front/Rear wheelspin separation. The alternative is that I was inferring directionality from context even when I was specifically paying attention to where the vibrations were coming from. Not saying I'm perfect, but I'm sure I felt front and rear separation. So part of this is just to confirm my objectivity in this matter.

Last edited:
inferring directionality
I was challenged about knowing exactly which wheels were slipping
during real track sessions, when so much sensation is happening
that the issue becomes ignoring the less important.
Anticipating vs knowing which wheels are slipping is indeed tricky.

Last edited:
Catching up here reminded me of something: I need to order the darn Noctua fan and do the replacement on my NX3000D. Gonna dig that old YouTube video up now and order the appropriate fan. That’ll at least be one step of forward progress. Also need to split my SpeakON cables.

It also worried me about something: I’ve had my BK-CT’s since January or February and never tested them to make sure they work/aren’t faulty. Guess I just have to pray they work since I’m far outside of warranty/return period

Also, I used SimShaker for many years (in DCS) back when I had a JetSeat SE from Andre. The effects were outstanding, including the variety between aircraft, but I’m not sure how it would work with complex setups like many are running here. It always struck me as not very “customizable”, but I could be wrong. I don’t know anything about this stuff and there may be a way. I sold my JetSeat SE earlier this year when I ordered the tactile (which is yet to be installed lol), and I really miss it. If someone gets the effects running with the BK/TST/DA exciter setups we all have, that would make my year! I would like to split my admittedly limitede free time between DCS and racing…and definitely don’t want to do DCS with tactile.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 40 31.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 22 17.1%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 0.8%