Modding Programs / Modding Questions

Might try that, is it really as simple as copy and pasting the F1 2011 folder to another location? Just wondring if some DRM or GWFL confilct might not allow it. Thanks.

Some corrections are being finalized for version 0.8

AI races in the rain.
Increase IA accidents but difficult for some circuits.
Weather modification.

And more.... wait and see

Thank you for your comments.

Well in F1 2010 I used 3 different installation folders with no problem, similar to what ML2166 does now. Just try it out for yourself.

Go to your Codemasters folder, copy the F1 2011 folder, then immediately paste it back down in the Codemasters folder. You will end up with a folder called Copy of F1 2011. Now rename the folder to something more preferable, enter the folder and create a new shortcut to the f1_2011.exe file .....

Regarding online stuff, in F1 2010 I remember starting the wrong version of the game (heavily modified), to race a few friends. I am not sure now, but I was either prevented from joining the lobby, or prevented from joining the race. Either way, no harm done, I just rebooted the game from my (lightly modified) game folder, which just had visual mods installed (camera, fov, car textures, helmet textures etc.)

EDIT: Just as test, I have just quickly started up my game from my backup folder, on a totally separate drive (it was copied and pasted there just after I installed the game). Everything starts just fine, all the settings are there, just as ML2166 say above .....

The release of version 0.8 is scheduled for tomorrow if the test is good and really changes the version 0.7.

I am right in this mod work for something really cahnge Games F1 2011 for the pleasures of gamers.

Thank you for your messages and stay connected.

David Croft BBC Mod // AND // ALSO Question Regarding High-Resolution Textures

Hello Guys, special shout-out to Ryder and RD Team as well.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downl...avid-croft-bbc-mod-also-question-regard-5784/

How do you import high-resolution, HD, DXT5 textures (like last year) into the game? I remember by the end of last year you came up with a wonderful piece of software that allowed us to create and import high-quality DXT5 textures for cars, etc. Here I had been trying to make a simple mod of David Croft and wanted to add the BBC logo to his shirt.

6195952672_8853508389_z.jpg

However, the original file itself is only 512x512 pixels, if I increase the size to 1024x1024 the game crashes. I figured out that apart from the engineers, it is David Croft that you see the most in the game, so at least his shirt should look expensive. Please anyone if got any suggestions, please kindly guide.

I have attached the higbodyf_david_croft.pssg file here http://www.racedepartment.com/downl...avid-croft-bbc-mod-also-question-regard-5784/, it goes into /characters/models/. But, as aforementioned above, I was unable to create a higher-resolution version.

Cheers.

I hope that with your mod Hamilton, Button, Weber, Vettel and other good drivers will be in first positions after Q3. Right now I'll fight with Torro Roso, Force India or even HRT for first positions in qually. It's strange to see Hamilton in 22 position, Button in 19 or Vettel in 15. :)

Is there any way to hide the in-game steering wheel? I took a gander at the cameras.xml files but didn't seem to find any relevant - does anyone know where this setting might lurk?

Where can i find the files needed to mod.

Hi all where is f1 2011 hiding on my pc , i have checked programe files and x86 as well and no trace.

Can someone help me please, i would like to add some of the awesome mods that have been done.

Thanks.

Mike.

Hmm, a modder that cant find his game files? Reassuring!

Right click on the icon you use to launch the game, select 'Properties' and then follow the target path to find the files.
Unfortunately I cant tell you where you chose to install the game on your rig :D

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 482 69.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 293 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 45.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 147 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.4%
Back