Modding Programs / Modding Questions

Does anyone know which file to open to be able to see and edit the face of the career mode driver? I can find the faces of all the f1 drivers, just not the one for career mode.

I wish I knew as well. I want to change him.

I thought higtxt_career_driver.pssg in characters/models might be him, but every time I edit it the game crashes for some reason.

Edit: it looks like higtxt_career_driver.pssg is the face file of the career driver. Tested it and changed my career driver (quick proof):
career.jpg

I have a question. Anyone knows what file I have to edit to change the visor strip? Even with a custom helmet the part at the top of the strip is always yellow like the picture posted above

Edit 2: Fixed that, no more yellow stripe :)

While you are talking about the career helmets and stuff, does anyone know what causes the horrible silver visor effect you get in sunlight? I found a specular map in the higtex career driver which colours the visor red, but changinging didn't have any effect... Any ideas? It's not in the bespoke helmets either...

Team Flags...

Anyone interested in changing some of the large national flags to something else...

I started some but need some high res source material...

They look quite good around suzuka (only track I have added them too so far)...

crowdflaglrga03dtga.jpg

For spain I was thinking that yellow cross on light blue background (though I don't know what this flag is called or symbolises) and the basque flag + ferrari also...

Any help appreciated.

catalunya Track folder.

Hi, can someone please post the Catalunya track folder (origianl) because on mine the game doesn't seem to load Catalunya. I just seem to be getting an infinite loading screen.

Thanks.

If you want to add more than one camera mod?

If you want to add more than one camera mod how do you do that?? I mean the camera file name is the same on the different mods.

You have to edit them together yourself. You need a binxml tool to convert the camera xmls to txts then you need to work out which camera you want to add/replace and copy them in.

Hi everyone.
I need your advice. I applied the following mod:

I wanted to know if ALL of these mods are compatible with each other and whether they should be installed with a specific order to avoid problems.

I have incorporated team flags into all tracks. Also working on several different AI mods at the moment too. The flags look good. Here is a pic of the nurburgring with all large flags replaced with either red bullx2, ferrari x2, or mclaren(lewis) flags. Also added mercedes logo to the circular grandstand. Wnated a good vettel or schumi flag for this track but struggled to find any of decent quality.

I may change bespoke flags and small national flags too. If I release it for all tracks it will incorporate some other stuff too. (abu dhabi turn 9 fix - some other cosmetic changes).

So far I have removed all F1 2011 codemasters advertising boards from all tracks and replaced them with UBS etc (telefonica for brazil etc, johnnie walker at monaco and singapore etc) Flags added to all tracks where they are used (some tracks do not use them - catalunya??? I had great plans for flags on that track... :( )

Anyway, will be too big to upload here, my upload speed isnt great and it timesout my login after a while, so will upload to a fileshare site.

unled2af.jpg

I have a qusetion. All of a sudden in my game Virgin became a midfield team and Williams became a backmarker team. I want to change that. I've already tried the Ryder Database Editor, but didn't quite figure out what to change in order to change the performance of the teams in the game. Can somebody help me? Thanks in advance!

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 38 33.9%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 0.9%