Modding Programs / Modding Questions

hi All, I have a question, i want to use a driver suit and gloves from 2010, can i just copy them over in the f12011 file, they look the same to me but i am not sure.
thanks

Can anybody professional make a mod for real time acceleration places for pilots ? I mean don't Maldonado or Liuzzi or any kind of pilot like that win the quali or the practice. Doesn't matter if time acceleration is on or off. I don't like playing like that. Top teams = top places is the realistic for me. Not Alonso,Hamilton,Webber in 10-20 positions...

I want to make the game more fun.
Currently I almost never see anyone spin out and never see any crashes or aftermath (debris and SC). I can make that happen, but without my intervention they just race without ever crashing or having mechanical failures.
I want to change that. I already know how to edit database, but I don't know what to change there. In short - I want more crashes, more mechanical failures, more spin outs and so on.

Is there a way to change the garage cam fov for the Mercedes? I have edited the head cam but I can not locate this cam.

F1_2011_2011_10_15_08_45_22_316.jpg

I have a simple question, I have downloaded the mod 3 cockpit cam by kelaroost and I really love it, except that there is the OSD in cockpit view, wich I do not want since all the information are on the wheel. Can anybody tell me what to modify to remove the OSD only ?

Hi guys,

Me and a friend are making liveries for the mercedes. But when we have applied the livery and go in multiplayer in same team, his mercedes looks like original and mine has changed and the same for him.

Now my question is HOW DO WE MAKE BOTH CARS USE THE SAME LIVERY so Both Cars are changed in each GAME of F1 2011

Thanks in advance for any help#

SI

@toucan You have to edit the texture_low as well as the high. Low is used for cars other than your own. I think all you have to do is lower the texture size from your high texture.

I've made a few helmets but seem to have a problem with them, the visor strip always shows up as yellow in the cinematic scenes but show's correctly in races, does anyone know how to fix this?

hmm, I know this has been answered somewhere, I'm just not sure exactly in which sticky topic. Anyway, I think the answer is in a file called hightxt_drivername.pssg. Not sure if that's the exact name or if that's even remotely the right answer but look for a file with a similar name.

David the only way I know at the moment is to change the visors for the team drivers in the HIGHTXT and MEDTXT files in the characters/models folder.

I've made a few helmets but seem to have a problem with them, the visor strip always shows up as yellow in the cinematic scenes but show's correctly in races, does anyone know how to fix this?

I've got a quick question. I'm looking at effectsetup.xml and I'm hoping someone can explain the damageLengthScale parameter of the gear change section?

<FFBGearChange scale="0.5" gear="-1" freq="35.0" length="0.18" damageScale="1.0" damageLengthScale="0.3" sample="gearChange"/>

I got a question which I can't figure out it isn't a request cause I can do this myself as soon as I know why the F1 art isn't showing up when I go to the GrandPrix menu.

The file you update is located in b_nonpersistent.pssg and it is called Delhi which is only 257 kb is a dxt3 file no mipmaps and the size is 512x512.

As said it doesn't show up in the grandprix menu and I don't know why am I missing something or doesn't it work ?

Help is greatly appreciated cause the normal pictures of the circuits are quite boring.

That's what it looks like after updating but I show you what I want with an old and new Delhi.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 62 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%