Modding Programs / Modding Questions

I have just tried it and it works, i took all the mclaren ctf files and renamed them for the williams and lotus teams! And hey presto the williams and lotus now feel just like the mclaren, Hopefully this should give closer racing in your league!
Cheers
Ian

I need to change the characteristics of cars. So that in my career, all cars have the same characteristics. What are the parameters in database I need to change? Or car power is changing in another file?

What settings do I need to change for equalize the characteristics of all vehicles to a level, for example, Sauber, in the online game?

We have a game manager in the forum, their teams, their liveries, their pilots, their sponsors. And we want to learn how to change the characteristics of the vehicle for on-line. That all began to faint championship cars, and to modify it during the championship.

In 2010, we could have changed the characteristics of cars. All participants used the same database. But in 2011, the changes do not work.

We even made ​​12 manufacturers of engines instead of 4, there is no result.
I'm here because I'm at an impasse

Excuse me for my english.

I have just tried it and it works, i took all the mclaren ctf files and renamed them for the williams and lotus teams! And hey presto the williams and lotus now feel just like the mclaren, Hopefully this should give closer racing in your league!
Cheers
Ian

thanks for your help but we tried your tips and this doesn't work in online sessions. Differences remain the same, we tried at Spa in qualify, Mclaren top speed 348 kph, Ferrari 338 kph. Same problem we had in our test event at Spa, with Ferrari losing near 2 seconds per lap with same setup. Tried both options: equal cars / 2011 cars, but no success... :(

thanks for your help but we tried your tips and this doesn't work in online sessions. Differences remain the same, we tried at Spa in qualify, Mclaren top speed 348 kph, Ferrari 338 kph. Same problem we had in our test event at Spa, with Ferrari losing near 2 seconds per lap with same setup. Tried both options: equal cars / 2011 cars, but no success... :(

you need to try two ways. or files are replaced only at the host or all the riders

if the version of the game and all the files will be identical, then it should work

you need to try two ways. or files are replaced only at the host or all the riders
if the version of the game and all the files will be identical, then it should work

done. We were two, did all the try, 2 Ferrari, 1 with Ferrari and 1 with McLaren, setting equal cars in the session options, and then setting 2011 cars, we copied all ctf files of McLaren and overwrite Ferrari's files.
Our thought is that the T4rg4 statement about wheel base different in each car is probably the one causing this differences.

model the car has no effect on his behavior, it is nonsense, there is a model of the car, and it has the characteristics of the file.

I did not understand, you got equalize characteristics or not?

<mapping ai_variable="wet_weather_ability" characteristic="wet_weather_ability" type="NEFloat" value="1.0" num_limits="4">
<limit difficulty="0.0" characteristic_value="0.0" />
<limit difficulty="0.0" characteristic_value="1.0" />
<limit difficulty="1.0" characteristic_value="0.0" />
<limit difficulty="1.0" characteristic_value="1.0" />
</mapping>

Do you think if I change these "Limit difficulty" from 1 to 9 for example and make a driver to "9", I'll see any difference? I mean.. has anybody tried it..? :D

A tiny thing I'd like to mod:

Pretty sure there is an audible beep in the game when you are in cockpit cam, in a race and you pass through the DRS soon, but its very quiet... i'd like to make it much louder...

Hi not sure if this has been asked but is there a mod on fuel warning as I have now done two full races got 54/55 laps of 56 and the only warning I got is when the car spatters. I even use the rev counter just for the fuel symbol

Can please anybody help me out? In which place do I have to install the mods (graphics/AI mod)?
Thx

Search for the files they replace.. Some of the AI mods replace the database.bin which is in the database folder, some of them are in the ai folder. You'll have to check by yourself where should you put them.

model the car has no effect on his behavior, it is nonsense, there is a model of the car, and it has the characteristics of the file.

I did not understand, you got equalize characteristics or not?

please read this topic:

http://community.codemasters.com/fo...4729-equal-settings-need-fixing-urgently.html

here is a T4rg4 quote:

http://community.codemasters.com/fo...ettings-need-fixing-urgently.html#post7233242

and here is the T4rg4 answer:

http://community.codemasters.com/fo...tings-need-fixing-urgently-2.html#post7233345

maybe i misunderstood, but it seems they don't think this is a prior problem to fix.

If this will not be fixed we will forced to give up and go back to F1 2010 in our league, so i'm asking if someone can check into this and find a working solution...

We can do every test is needed, we have a teamspeak server so everyone that want to help/test is welcome ;)

Just a quick question guys please,i`m painting a HD Willams.I was wondering,when i edit the "specocc.tga",what are the save settings for the DDS?,is it the same as the settings for the main Car Livery?.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 202 67.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 132 44.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 139 46.5%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 60 20.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 82 27.4%
Back