Modding Questions Thread

Ok, I tried changing the DisableDriver to "true", but it seemed to have no effect. Very odd.

Any other thoughts?

BTW, I have the camera movement and position completely dialed in now :)
Hm... no idea.
Are you sure it was the correct camera? Theres a lot of cameras. Maybe you changed the reverse cam of the camera you want, thats why you haven't noticed any change. Just a thought. Can be the reason because changing the values does have effect. At least i tried to enable the driver head in the cockpit cam and i worked, the view was inside the helmet, too bad that it had no transparency, so it was possible to see anything lol.

Posted this in another thread, but it's more appropriate here. Got a question for anyone that can answer. How were you able to fix the low rez of the helmets? I finally finished my own and it looks terrible in game. Also some of the ones I've downloaded here also look low in resolution.

Is there specific save settings I should do in photoshop?

I wanna create a 8192 size helmet but nor sure how?
Change the image size in Photoshop to 8192.

You'll need much bigger and better quality logos too, otherwise the logos will look very pixelated, as the bigger size canvas will show this up even more in game.

Also beware that depending on how complex the helmet design is, it may not work and cause the game to crash (this is dependant on system spec) and if combining with HD cars, it has been known to slow down the framerate by quite a bit on some systems.

And also, this should really have gone in the Modding questions section.

:thumbsup:

First, my apologies if this has been covered before.. I've searched through the forums and found no answer, so here goes.. Is there a way to give the HRT team a KERS system by modifying the database, and if so, what needs to be changed?? This is honestly my first run at modding any of the CM games, so I'm very unfamiliar with the "usual stuff"..

EDIT :Ok.. Got it now.. I found that the .CTF files house the information on car behavior, including the KERS system.. Adjusting the KERS CAPACITY seems to have no effect though.. However, the DATABASE is what details whether or not a team has a KERS system.. Found it in the F1_TEAMS section.. WOOT!! Now my Minardi (HRT) has KERS.. :)

helmets in 8192* ..lol personally i thing thats a bit over it :D... you would have to have a massive screen/resolution to notice any difference between the 4k or even the 2k... atleast i think so..

Actually I run 8192 helmets in game.

I onl use a single monitor most times, but this only has a res of 1920 x 1080...and the difference can be seen.

You just need for them to be perfect otherwise they can look pretty horrible.

The 8192 helmets in cutscenes look awesome.

• Deleted member 6919

Anyone know what the camera is called for the rearview look from the cockpit?
And is it possible to stay in cockpit view all the time? ie in the pits and garage.

Anyone know what the camera is called for the rearview look from the cockpit?
And is it possible to stay in cockpit view all the time? ie in the pits and garage.
Question 2 - I believe the answer is yes. Sorry but i don't know how, but i believe theres a mod for T-Cam pit stops, so probably also true to cockpit.
Question 1 - Look for the headcam. If im not wrong theres 2 headcams.

I believe its:
Cockpit: <View type="Head" ident="head-cam" reverseCamera="head-cam_reverse" hidden="false"

Cockpit rearview:
View type="Mounted" ident="head-cam_reverse" hidden="true"

Pardon my ignorance, but, have I overlooked the driver uniform template, or is one not readily available?? I have the pitcrew and racecrew items (Thanks again ML2166) and just wanted to double-check that I wasn't just going blind in my old age.. :)

Pardon my ignorance, but, have I overlooked the driver uniform template, or is one not readily available?? I have the pitcrew and racecrew items (Thanks again ML2166) and just wanted to double-check that I wasn't just going blind in my old age.. :)

Nope your not going blind.....old age on the other hand...:p

I cannot get at the driver suits this time round.

Thanks for the information.. I may be able to create a baseline template by comparing the available suits and such.. I'd hate to be stuck with an HRT uniform on the Minardi skin.. LOL!!

If you know your way around Photoshop, you can actually create a rough template for the driver suit using the pitcrew model....needs a bit of jigging around but is do-able.

On the plus side, with the way the logos are done this year, you haven't got to worry too much about matching logos across the back of the model like last two years, as the logo will place itself.

You just need to figure where each logo goes from a screenshot or something like that, and change to suit your design/preference.

Is it possible to start a career with all upgrades already earned? I am sick of the errors and discrepancies in the R&D process, but I still want to run a full career for the engine wear and contract offers:)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.4%