Modding Questions Thread

• Deleted member 137812

In the database, at ai_driver, does "mistakes" have to be a high value (0.9) of low value (0.1) for more mistakes? And what about technical failures?

Thank you,
devazox

In the database, at ai_driver, does "mistakes" have to be a high value (0.9) of low value (0.1) for more mistakes? And what about technical failures?

Thank you,
devazox

'mistakes' should probably read ' driver standard' - lower number equals lower standard i.e more mistakes :).
Same with Mechanical failures - should probably read 'reliability'. Higher number equals more reliable i.e. less failures.
Best way to remember all the tabs in ai_driver - 1 equals best, 0 equals worst.

• Deleted member 137812

'mistakes' should probably read ' driver standard' - lower number equals lower standard i.e more mistakes :).
Same with Mechanical failures - should probably read 'reliability'. Higher number equals more reliable i.e. less failures.
Best way to remember all the tabs in ai_driver - 1 equals best, 0 equals worst.
Yes i understand the rule, but that mistake and mechanical failure rule is kind of weird.
Thanks its all clear to me now!

I Am trying to get a decent 50 percent scaling for tyre wear. Which value determines the rate at which ai tyres wear?

The number of stops is fine for me and ai but the ai wear a bit too much.

Thanks

• Deleted member 137812

I Am trying to get a decent 50 percent scaling for tyre wear. Which value determines the rate at which ai tyres wear?

The number of stops is fine for me and ai but the ai wear a bit too much.

Thanks
Tyres value, but its not like 50% tyre wear is half of 100%. I tried that but for example Red Bull makes one stop more than Mclaren like this.

Hello guys,
i want to ask you a question...
i tried to modify DATABASE...ai files in ai folder following Kristiann's GUIDE...because i want to create an AI MORE AGGRESSIVE but a little bit slower than LEGEND difficult.
Whit my work i have succesfully finded good parameters for the AI times so the problem is an other...i can't make the AI VERY aggressive...for example they NEVER try to overtake me in corners and if i overtake them they NEVER try to counter-attack but they prefer to BRAKE and leave me alone...this is not real and in this way the game is very annoing...
I want to ask you an advice because if i modify to much AI files in AI folder the AI become more aggressive but they frequently go off-road and lose positions...
What can i make to create an aggressive and INTELLIGENT AI ?!?!? What files or parameters i have to change??!
Thank you in advance!

So Im on my first career and i have realistic damage mod, i think it's set to 6 or 5. On almost every race there is a red flag and no safety car, so is this a bug or what? I want SC :D Also when there are yellow flags they dissappear in second :(

Could anyone make a tutorial of how to replace the ingame helmet pictures and replace them with my own for ex? Would be really nice because its so exhausting to copy paste the helmets and later you have no clue what helmet is what number..

So Im on my first career and i have realistic damage mod, i think it's set to 6 or 5. On almost every race there is a red flag and no safety car, so is this a bug or what? I want SC :D Also when there are yellow flags they dissappear in second :(
Im trying to see if i found a fix in the xml files. Maybe value there is used for the calculation of track space to call the SC. I don't know. But with or without the damage mod, and with or without increased SC changes on the database the crap SC doesn't come out. I have much more red flags than the SC lol.

What file it is Robert??
Hey Guys...

The file is called triggers_pit.xml
It stays on: ...Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2012\tracks\circuits\(track-name)\route_0

Each track has its own triggers_pit.xml. The file "marks" the points on the track that can trigger the SC, and a lot of other stuff, like when the AI start to control your car when you enter the pits, when it releases the car for you control, every place on the track that can trigger the SC, among other "triggers". If we can convert this file there will be 2 possible ways to fix the SC. Add more points to trigger it, or maybe increase this "points" range.

What file is it?
Thanks for the help Remy!

Looks like soon we will have an SC fix.
Now it comes the "hard" part:

interlagostrack.jpg

Identify the SC "point triggers" X.Y locations. :thumbsup:

That must be a hell of a job (A)
I'm not that great at x.y locations but I love testing files :)
Looks like i found a modding partner! I hate testing! :roflmao:
Well, i like to test, but lets say i do just "fast" tests. So the results may look good at first but later... lol
I'll try some settings on Interlagos ;)
Now also, IF the SC remove the DNF that stays forever on the track, then i guess we will have an almost perfect SC in this game. We will only need a moving crane! :p

Looks like i found a modding partner! I hate testing! :roflmao:
Well, i like to test, but lets say i do just "fast" tests. So the results may look good at first but later... lol
I'll try some settings on Interlagos ;)
Now also, IF the SC remove the DNF that stays forever on the track, then i guess we will have an almost perfect SC in this game. We will only need a moving crane! :p

But the safety car only comes out after a few Laps. The first two or three Laps it stays in but after that the SC Will come out when you make someone crash :)

So fast testing won't work because you have to do 4 Laps :p

But the safety car only comes out after a few Laps. The first two or three Laps it stays in but after that the SC Will come out when you make someone crash :)

So fast testing won't work because you have to do 4 Laps :p
That was my fear!
Really wish i could make it deploy on lap 1, but on first lap i only get a red flag! :roflmao:
I'll just test one part of the track to see if i got it right, if i manage to make it work right with the X.Y. locations. Then i'll try all the track. Looks like someone will have some testing session soon :rolleyes:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 243 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 162 18.7%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 24 2.8%