Moonshine Still Revived

Plugins Moonshine Still Revived v.1.5.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
go make dirt mod revived
@kentkenny
20200125215444_1.jpg

Still need to adjust some stuff, but it already works and includes GT parts.

Could you add the option to disable the shadows from the fire (or ideally make them match the in-game settings)? My FPS die when I'm near the fire or look at it from a distance, I'm assuming shadows are the issue.

@TheLonelyLeek Can you recheck with this modified .dll please
Its very likley that you experience frame drops from looking towards the players house. Yes even that far away please reduce view distance in options or change the angle you look at the moonshine still.

The dll disables all fire/light visuals.

On my rig disabling the lightsource gave me 1 fps on average changing the shadow calculation gave me nothing.
I tested it with 28 mods without any optimisation mods.

If its indeed the playerhouse which causes your framedrops you can install this mod to help you.

@Tjark2870 Drag your pontikka bottle over the alcoholometer it will show you the percentage of alcohol to water(use scale to read it off). Basicly what you see on bottles in reallife vol%.

Disabling the visuals totally fixes the issue (thanks!) so the fire is definitely the cause. I still suspect the shadows are to blame, because although turning on light sources affect my fps (by about 2-5 fps), the drops I had were consistent with the drops I have by turning on lights in the house with "sun shadows" and "house light shadows" enabled (10-20 fps less, depending on how many lights are on). Note that my computer is virtually indistinguishable from a potato, so that doesn't surprise me. That brings me to another issue caused by my shitty PC: the "call Seppo" interface is off the screen at lower resolutions, though that's not a big issue as I can turn on legacy mode.

@pietrucha132
Was already reported by TheLonelyLeek is most likly caused by too many lightsources.
Please check out All lightswithout shadows and No lights just fire particleeffect.
If you want everything disabled go with this disabledvisuals.
It also depends of if the house is in field of view or not.
Please test with reduced viewrange to like 400 meters.
So the playerhouse does not get rendered.

On my machine I can not test it.
My fps drop only at most by 3 fps which I would not consider a massive lag spike.
If I disable lights I only reclaim 1 fps at most.
If I increase max view distance on the other hand I get those lag spikes when I look towards the playerhouse.
Posible solution could be to move the still to a different position on the island.

With MOP I run at 55-60 fps all the time. Except when driving Satsuma.

I would like to know if No lights just fire particleeffect fixes the problem for you.
Vanila fire uses one lightsource with no shadowcalulation.
Still uses 5 with shadows.
If thats enough I will implement an option so players can toggle the lights on and off depending on their performance.

Shadowless lightsources are enough to fix. Just particle fixed the problem but it looks... Underwhelming... You should implement those options for toggling shadows, or maybe make shadows depend on house light shadow settings.

Is this mod designed to work on just the main build of the game? I'm currently playing the latest experimental branch as of right now and after giving Seppo the moonshine, he is stuck looping in a coughing animation at the sewage treatment plant and isnt giving me money, yet is still talking to me saying "I havent had time to shower"

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 31 34.1%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 1.1%