Moonshine Still Revived

Plugins Moonshine Still Revived v.1.5.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hawk031 updated Moonshine Still Revived with a new update entry:

Moonshine Still Update! (v1.3.5)

Changelog
  • Fixed: A bug where you could heat the still by just adding firewood without lighting it. I do not know why this has not been reported in the last 3 years.
  • Changed: reworked the drinking mechanics, you can now drink only 250ml in one sip instead of 500ml
    also the effect on thirst/stress/drunkness was revised
  • Reworked: Death by methanol has been revised to take into account player weight and accumulated methanol (resets when you reload)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

First of all, thank you for restoring this mod, great job you did there!
Also, the guide on the moonshining was quite helpful.

One question though, kind sir - is it possible to add at least one more bottle for distilling or make it possible to store the alcohol we distill in some other bottles (the ones for kilju perhaps)?

I plan to... mhm... seriously expand the business.
Hello dcki,

"One question though, kind sir - is it possible to add at least one more bottle for distilling or make it possible to store the alcohol we distill in some other bottles (the ones for kilju perhaps)?"

Yes, its possible but for what reason do you need 2 or even more bottles?
A large bucket of Kilju contains 30 liters of water, of which 4.086 liters are ethanol and 0.4086 liters are methanol.

After distillation, this is about 4.0 liters of ethanol + 0 methanol + about 0.6 liters of water.
The Pontikka bottle holds 6 liters, exactly enough for one batch. You have to wait about 2 1/2 hours for a new bucket. Alternatively, you can fill the Kilju into Kilju/Juice bottles and use them on the still.

So why would you want to hoard more than 1 full bottle of moonshine?

Even if I would duplicate the bottle I would need to rewrite Seppo(Buyer) to accept more then one Bottle of Moonshine at a time.

When I make the Kilju/Juice bottles(2Liters) fillable, I have no clear way to store how much methanol is in the mix. The game only stores the alcohol concentration / vinegar / sweetness / yeast. I could use the vinegar or yeast values to store the methanol content but this would cause problems when selling them to Jouko(The Kiljutrader)

Hello dcki,

"One question though, kind sir - is it possible to add at least one more bottle for distilling or make it possible to store the alcohol we distill in some other bottles (the ones for kilju perhaps)?"

A large bucket of Kilju contains 30 liters of water, of which 4.086 liters are ethanol and 0.4086 liters are methanol.

After distillation, this is about 4.0 liters of ethanol + 0 methanol + about 0.6 liters of water.
The Pontikka bottle holds 6 liters, exactly enough for one batch. You have to wait about 2 1/2 hours for a new bucket. Alternatively, you can fill the Kilju into Kilju/Juice bottles and use them on the still.

Even if I would duplicate the bottle I would need to rewrite Seppo(Buyer) to accept more then one Bottle of Moonshine at a time.

When I make the Kilju/Juice bottles(2Liters) fillable, I have no clear way to store how much methanol is in the mix. The game only stores the alcohol concentration / vinegar / sweetness / yeast. I could use the vinegar or yeast values to store the methanol content but this would cause problems when selling them to Jouko(The Kiljutrader)
Yeah, you are right, without an additional kilju bucket the whole idea seems to be flawed.

One more question, though - it was mentioned, that I could distill the moonshine twice to increase its purity - how exactly should I add the moonshine to the still after it is in the pontikka bottle?
Moving the pontikka bottle "inside" the still as we'd do with the kilju bucket didn't work for me. Removing the cork and turning it upside down keeping it on top of the still? I experimented once and it looked like I've just flushed a bottle of quite decent alcohol (~85 ABV), as the still didn't distill anything from it on the second run.

If, however, double distilling is possible, then I'd say why I want a second bottle - say, I distill one kilju bucket and it gives me about 4 liters of mediocre alcohol. I'd distill it again to get, say, around 3 liters of perfect ethanol, then wait for another kilju bucket and repeat the process again, to get one full bottle of double distilled alcohol.
However, if something goes wrong with the second batch and I distill in the same bottle, it would mean, that I've pretty much screwed the whole process including the first batch...
Or maybe I just don't know something else about the mod logic and the whole idea has no point - that's obviously for you to decide.

Last edited:
Currently, you only need to distill once if you removed all methanol the first time.
I had once planned to implement multi-stage distillation, but I discarded it and preferred the simple one.
In real life you cannot reach 85% with one distillation at least not with a moonshine still.

You will only get paid for the rawEthanol, purity brackets are not implemented.

how exactly should I add the moonshine to the still after it is in the pontikka bottle?
Empty the Still and move the Bottle over the Boiler it will fill it.

I doubled the size of the Pontikka bottle, so it may be better now. Also looks better if you compare it with the kilju bucket which is 30Liters

A small side note:
Other community members mentioned that they wanted to move the distillery to another location.
I thought about it for a while and came to the conclusion that moving the distillery to, for example, the players' house would be way too powerful.

I intended to keep the original spirt of the mod as well as I could.

The voice lines and subtitles in the game would then also not match.

Last edited:
A small side note:
Other community members mentioned that they wanted to move the distillery to another location.
I thought about it for a while and came to the conclusion that moving the distillery to, for example, the players' house would be way too powerful.

I intended to keep the original spirt of the mod as well as I could.

The voice lines and subtitles in the game would then also not match.

I agree, moving the distillery to the main house wouldn't be particularly lore-friendly. The game tends to be realistic. I'm quite sure that having a moonshine still openly in front of your house is illegal in Finland (well, and perhaps pretty much everywhere else).

Besides, the moonshining route in the game is not that bad:

- visit Teimo to buy "groceries" for the next batch of Kilju ->
- go home and take the bottle from the house ->
- take the boat to the island ->
- brew your stuff ->
- create the next bucket of Kilju ->
- take the Pontikka bottle and ride the boat to the town ->
- sell the bottle and then if possible buy the next pack of "groceries" at Teimo ->
- rinse and repeat

Seems not only quite realistic for me, but also quite convenient.

The only change I'd suggest - if the MOKIA cellphone mod is still alive, would be great to add the possibility to call the guy the buys the moonshine using the cell. Not sure if that is possible, just a thought.

Last edited:

Moonshine Still Update! (v1.3.7)

Changelog
  • added: You can now use Mokia Townsman MOD to call Seppo with a cellphone(press T while equiping the cellphone) thanks for the idea to
    dcki.
  • added: Sound when Pontikka Bottle is overflowing.
  • some minor balance changes
The only change I'd suggest - if the MOKIA cellphone mod is still alive, would be great to add the...

Thank you, a great update! It's great to be able to go sell the moonshine directly from the island or any other place without having to visit home to make that call.

Thank you, a great update! It's great to be able to go sell the moonshine directly from the island or any other place without having to visit home to make that call.
I am glad you like it.

If you don't call him, he will be at a random location of 6 possible locations(rerolled each gameload).
The phone call is a convenience/flavor option that you can choose, but is by no means mandatory.

Last edited:

Moonshine Still Update! (v1.4.0) Feature Update

Changelog

• added: abilty to fill the moonshine bottle with water from the shower and water well (not the kitchen sink, as it does not fit the bottle). How to use: remove the stopper on the bottle and move it under the fountain and shower to fill it.
  • added: Kilju bottles (juice canisters) can now be filled and emptied by removing the stopper from the moonshine bottle and sliding the empty or full Kiljubottle over it.
  • added: Purity clamps for ethanol...

Hello dcki,

I have fulfilled your wishes and those of others.
You can now even use it as Drinking(Water) bottle because you can fill it at the Shower/Wells

Moonshine Still Update! (v1.4.1)

Changelog
  • Better performance, less impactful on Framerate.
  • Fixed: Drinking increases the urinometer as you would expect.
  • Drinkingmechanic: You can now drink (pontikka bottle) while driving a vehicle only need to hold the bottle in your hands. (careful not to spill the contents).
    I found it cumbersome to open the bottle while sitting in the car.
  • Revised: Still pressure release mechanism
  • PhoneBills: added connections and minutes tothe phone bill when you call Seppo...

You cant give the juice bottles to Seppo he will only accept the pontikka bottle.
But you can store an "unlimited" amount of reserve moonshine or just drink them or use them as water bottles.

I havnt tested it, but you probably can sell them to Jouko.

Last edited:
You are certainly on a kill streak with this mod. One question though - does the "filling juice bottles" with alcohol thing mean I could sell the moonshine in a juice bottle? Is the logic of this the same as with kilju (meaning the bottles should be then harvested on the landfill) or will they return to player's home?
You can also use the Pontikka bottle as a mixing chamber, to dilute your Kilju if you wish, because when drinking from the juice bottles the alcohol concentration is taken into account.

Moonshine Still Update! (v1.5.0)

Changelog
  • Added long-awaited feature that allows you to move the still to various preset and custom locations that suit your needs
  • Added Slider to adjust Pontikka bottle size to suit your needs
  • Adjusted the sell value of the Moonshine it now sells for 1000mk(instead of 1200mk) for each Liter of Ethanol (Still more than Jokke would give you)
  • I added an additional purity grade, which is now 50 vol%/75%/85%/90% alcohol...

I became weak and granted the community the most ardent wish the ability to move the Moonshine still. Have fun!
Does this include a beating from cops and an added fine or jail term if they come by your house and find out you have a moonstill? )) However, I took advantage of that alternative cottage placement thing and like it a lot. At least it is away from the... you know. No need to have the buyer commenting about my moonshine tasting like a piss. Yeah, I might have pissed in that Pontikka bottle once, but only once, it was long long ago and isn't really true. It could have been that jerk Seppo who did this, indeed.

BTW, I didn't test that, but what happens if I run into cops with a Pontikka bottle in my trunk? Does that logic work? I really think the whole Moonshine thing has quite stong scent of illegal activity (oh thank god I could move the still away from the toilet, it doesn't have THAT scent anymore at least) and honestly I'd prefer it to stay that way.

Besides, don't know if a mod can do that, but the increased size of the Pontikka bottle makes me wish that Teimo would restock his store more often or just had a bigger stock of sugar available (Just cause there appears to be a... mhm... let's call it a wholesale buyer for sugar. He's just a friend of mine. He plans to make a lot of... candies. Do we undestand each other, Teimo? We really don't need to be pointing fingers at anyone, r-right? We don't need to have a problem, old pal Teimo, r-right?).

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 31 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%