AC Multiclass Abarth/Suzuki/Mazda @Macau, Wed 24th January 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks Han, this track is way way in front of the other one. I really like this track, a nice flow. I dont know what the problem is, once you get the corners in your head it is great. In fact, i might not even be last this time :thumbsup:

Not to turn anybody off, but my reasoning for not liking "funnel tracks" is the following:

as not all of us are "Gentlemen of leisure", (hell, some even work for their living and/or have a life outside Simracing :confused:) the level of preparation and maybe even talent varies greatly.
Those are the facts of live (though I`m mostly able to prepare I most certainly lack the talent:cry:)
On a track like Bridgehampton a ****up like let´s say hitting the armco at pit exit and getting kicked into a spin :redface: leads to an offroad excoursion with a small to mediocre chance to kill an innocent bydriver.

At Macau every small mistake leads to bottled up track and a massive pile up.
Also passing/lapping will be rather difficult.

I hope you are better than my fears and have successful and fun race, I´ll check the race position chart afterwards to see how many knots you had to disentangle.
(and yes, once again my aversion to crashing stems from my job :O_o:)

Not to turn anybody off, but my reasoning for not liking "funnel tracks" is the following:

as not all of us are "Gentlemen of leisure", (hell, some even work for their living and/or have a life outside Simracing :confused:) the level of preparation and maybe even talent varies greatly.
Those are the facts of live (though I`m mostly able to prepare I most certainly lack the talent:cry:)
On a track like Bridgehampton a ****up like let´s say hitting the armco at pit exit and getting kicked into a spin :redface: leads to an offroad excoursion with a small to mediocre chance to kill an innocent bydriver.

At Macau every small mistake leads to bottled up track and a massive pile up.
Also passing/lapping will be rather difficult.

I hope you are better than my fears and have successful and fun race, I´ll check the race position chart afterwards to see how many knots you had to disentangle.
(and yes, once again my aversion to crashing stems from my job :O_o:)
Does any of that really matter though Carsten? Is it not supposed to be fun and is it not alright if sometimes we screw up on a challenging track. Maybe more rewarding when we defy all the odds and make it work maybe? Come on man, join in and we can all go to race hell together :thumbsup:

Does any of that really matter though Carsten? Is it not supposed to be fun and is it not alright if sometimes we screw up on a challenging track. Maybe more rewarding when we defy all the odds and make it work maybe? Come on man, join in and we can all go to race hell together :thumbsup:

Oh, yes crashing annoyes me greatly, being crashed even more so.
Theres no fun in spending several hours to prepare and it goes to :poop: in the L1T1cluster****.

Thanks Han, this track is way way in front of the other one. I really like this track, a nice flow. I dont know what the problem is, once you get the corners in your head it is great. In fact, i might not even be last this time :thumbsup:
I know Steve, it's weird because normally I don't gravitate towards street circuits and Macau with it's reputation and extremely tight hairpin are a recipe for disaster, but.................. after a few laps it kind of gets into your head and the challenge to get a lower lap time is infectious.
I remember Ayrton Senna at Monaco saying that he went into a 'trance' like zone and this place sucks you in like that too.

But, and this is a big but...........................hot lapping on your own is one thing, with 15 or so other cars around is going to be 'interesting'!:D The slightest mistake is going to cause all sorts of roadblocks but that's the nature of the place and like Pau it is a different challenge. As Steve said above, it's supposed to be fun while being a new challenge. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!:roflmao:
I think we all know that it will be a procession up the hill and that there will be trains of cars following slower cars, the Abarth will disappear down the 1.5km straight and understeer like crazy uptown but that's like the real thing. But I understand if it isn't for all, I just like a challenge but to help I won't be in an Abarth!!

My ears are already suffering when thinking about the Suzukis exhausts sound and all those walls between which to reflect
Omar, If you run Content Manager you can change the sound. The stock Swift sound is very annoying so I run the Ginetta Junior sound file, much more pleasing to the ear.

I haven't tried the new track, but I took a few laps around the previous iteration and oh boy, what a fun roller-coaster!

Yes, I lack the skill to have good timings.
Yes, there will be accidents and hits to the wall and the first lap will be interesting.
Yes, overtaking outside the straights will be impossible (blue flags will be interesting, likely making the front-runners race closely together all the way till the end).
Yes, I will finish at the bottom or even last.
Don't care, I'ma have some funs boys!!!
See you tomorrow!

My ears are already suffering when thinking about the Suzukis exhausts sound and all those walls between which to reflect :O_o: at least nobody can argue using "I did not notice you were there" kind of excuses in case of crash :roflmao:

You can change the sound bank of the Suzukis to something more appealing. Let me know if you are interested and I can share some files. ;)

Well, get the pole then or get behind Ernie. He's become a master in avoiding L1T1 trouble!
Get the pole, hmm??:O_o:

I guess it´s still illegal to shoot the friggin aliens ( to the moon:p)

About the Ernie trick, I could get behind that ( badummtsss!! :roflmao:) but for the earsplitting screech he makes on the straights ( ok, could be his favorate choice of car also :rolleyes:)

As far as I know changing the sound works only for the interior, you still torture your fellow racers?

I know I take this way to seriously, sue me :p

Last edited:
Well, I guess it also works for externior as you replace tall sfx files. If not, all other cars should sound the same.

The sounds are only replaced locally, so if YOU change it all suzikis in your client (including yours if you choose to drive one) will have the new sound bank.
So if you don't like the bee hives, even if you don't drive one you are welcome to change it.

Personally I use the sound bank of a Cupra Leon Competición (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/cupra-leon-competición.41483/) for the Suzikis and this mod for the Abarths: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/scibsound-abarth-500-assetto-corse-sound-mod.42218/ (thanks Han!)

The sounds are only replaced locally, so if YOU change it all suzikis in your client (including yours if you choose to drive one) will have the new sound bank.
So if you don't like the bee hives, even if you don't drive one you are welcome to change it.

Personally I use the sound bank of a Cupra Leon Competición (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/cupra-leon-competición.41483/) for the Suzikis and this mod for the Abarths: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/scibsound-abarth-500-assetto-corse-sound-mod.42218/ (thanks Han!)
Thanks Ricardo, and also thanks @Shed 17 Paul for the suggestion, now I just have to figure out how to replace the sounds!

Thanks Ricardo, and also thanks @Shed 17 Paul for the suggestion, now I just have to figure out how to replace the sounds!
1706028440915.png

Content Manager in the content cars section

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 176 66.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 122 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 48 18.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 26.9%
Back