AC Multiclass Abarth/Suzuki/Mazda @Macau, Wed 24th January 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Yes but with Content Manager you can easily try different cars.

Totally agree!
I was editing the files because I didn't knew Content Manager had that functionality :redface:
They say "Necessity is the mother of invention", plus it doesn't hurt to learn a thing or two about how it all works under the hood. :roflmao:
However, next time I will be using CM to set different car sounds...

Now, let's give this new track set-up and see how it compares to the previous version.

I've never found a way of restoring the sound back to the original car with the CM method. It overwrites the sound so you can't get it back. Unless I've done in wrong...

Not an issue with the Swift as I never want to hear that buzzing bee again.

You could always copy the original soundfile into "Pandora´s Folder" and than never rereplace it or do the "Claymore Solution" and delete the car. Mods can be replaced from your backup, Kunos cars will be back after a Steam Integrity Check.

(I hate computers, so use my advice on your discretion.
If you brick your machine not my problem)

I've never found a way of restoring the sound back to the original car with the CM method. It overwrites the sound so you can't get it back. Unless I've done in wrong...

Not an issue with the Swift as I never want to hear that buzzing bee again.
When I swop the sound i don't want it back so I don't care. I've often downloaded a poor mod and used the sound before I delete it. There are some really good ones that transform a dull car. V8 sounds are the hardest to get right but there are some recent ones that are really good so I update the bad ones with them. All part of the fun

So I tried the second version of the track and it's approved!
  • More gripier tarmac :thumbsup:
  • Less grabby walls (but does feel narrower in some sections, is it just me?) :thumbsup:
  • Distance markers :thumbsup:
  • Color and atmosphere are more akin to a racing event, the previous version was more "city with walls" vibe - which I did prefer to be honest, but given that there are more details everywhere on this version I don't mind the switch.

Seeing a few other drivers on track during practice made me realize that the multi-class in this track will be interesting...
As expected, Suzuki is faster on most of the track, but it will lose a lot on the straights due to the lack of top speed. So I expect a train of Suzukis behind Mazdas for most of the race, like sharks waiting for a mistake at any turn to get ahead and hopefully put in enough of a distance to not get caught up in the straight again.
Not really sure how Abarths would fare on this circuit though. One would think understeer hell, but if I look at it there are only 2 really tight corners. Maybe with the right set-up the Abarth could make it through the remaining 914861487 turns without the help of the wall and then use the straight to build a nice time buffer for the next lap.

Anyhow, enough rumbling for now, see you tomorrow!

Gone for the Abarth, i almost know I will regret. oh well here goes.:O_o:
PS. one mistake and its curtains, you end up not paying full attention, miss 1 meter out somewhere and it adds 5 meters on the exit, unfortunately the wall is 3m away.:(

Last edited:
Well after all the concerns it turned out to be a pretty good race................................apart from one incident at the hairpin......................take a look at the replay @9.30 if you want a good laugh!:roflmao:.
Han tapped me, spinning me round into Bouke, I couldn't go anywhere until Han reversed, which he did and ended up on top of Steve. I had to go back around the the hairpin and do a U turn and ran into Ernie.
So the Macau hairpin curse worked again but it was still enjoyable from my POV with some great racing with Ricardo, Steve and Robert.
If any of you fancy some single seater action in the wide open spaces of Portimao then join up for tomorrow's F3 test race.

See you there!

Again great result, this one was sweaty. Had some close first minutes with Allan and position change for P1, until he lost time in the hairpin after the turn around. Later I lost the time I gained after colliding with Fulvio (no offense, I'd say racing incident, I had to brake earlier for the corner as in swift but I swerved back into ideal line just before my braking point to get ideal line), so the pressure was on again.
No chance against the swift as the corner grip is so much higher, e.g. flat through turn two.
But considering I just downloaded the track today and had stock setup except tyres I am totally content with the pace, could do a clean 2.47.0 in the race which I never thought is possible when I did the first laps.
Had lots of fun racing at the limit on this track. Definitely going to do some laps in VR with an open wheeler. Going fast here in real life must be big pressure, need to check some onboards on youtube.

congrats to podium and cu all.

Gone for the Abarth, i almost know I will regret. oh well here goes.:O_o:
PS. one mistake and its curtains, you end up not paying full attention, miss 1 meter out somewhere and it adds 5 meters on the exit, unfortunately the wall is 3m away.:(
Well I was not wrong, but ironically it really made little difference, I was not going to beat Fulvio, Jaso, Allen and Thomas, which leaves Kimi who drove really well and the Rotter beat me fair and square.
So in the end I cannot complain, only had one mistake, ( I have hit the walls here more time than I can count, never got stuck between two walls here and the had to wait for 15 cars to go by, then continuously go back and forwards with the gears to extricate my self from the misery ) and without that I should have got in front of Thomas and Allan , but they could say the same, so happy with the risk I took with the Abarth.
Sometimes you can do whatever you want, but in the end a mistake can change everything, and I was the cause of that.:O_o:
But I must thank the person who cause the mass pile up, without his efforts I would never have made 6 places up in 50m.

EF47B63E-17F0-4DF4-B8F6-C6F09DE6E39E.jpeg

Thanks for your efforts Han, hope the cold clears up, I have had this bleeding cold for 2 months, makes COVID I have had three times seem like a breeze.

also a little bit of miss understanding with Allan from my side hope its all good.
Sorry allan for the tap at the hairpin
Yeah it is...But...
I know this is racing,its close racing its great racing....But it also falls under Gentleman Racing which i think is starting to get overlooked latley, and is the core of why we race here..I get we have a fair few fast guys now,its tight its close but that aint no excuse,hope im not been a stick in the mud but it seems to be getting often rather than rare..

You can nearly always overtake? it just is down to risk, not for you, that's up to you but more importantly the other guy.
Gentleman racing is about care for the other driver, the other end of the spectrum is I'm coming through and f**k anyone who try's and stops me.
in my humble opinion, any one who can make an overtake and do it cleanly is the true racer.
A void in the space between the other car is his racing line, is not a gap were you don't brake and just try and fill it with your car.
Then complain when he turns in on you, you get beside the other driver to control the corner, sometimes that works, sometimes you have to give, you have to give, as the responsibly is on you as the overtaker.
Maybe wrong? but that is how I see it, and that is what I mostly try to do. But we all do daft things, everyone does, but we all know that. Allan was talking about something different.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 176 66.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 121 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 48 18.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 27.0%
Back