AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Daytona, Wed 8th February 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
At this event you mention led you continue first because I was not sure who was to blame.
In hindsight/replay I´m sure it should have been the other way around, I left you space, you didn´t.

So what did we get for being agressive/stuborn:
Incident points and an ernomous time penalty.
Without that crash we´d both had finished further up :rolleyes:

The way less risky move ( not that I´m good enough to pull that one) would have been to pinch me (contact free) on the entry, get a better run and execute in the oval.

See:
Yousuckatracing.com "getting ****ed at the apex" ;)

And sorry again about T1, I brake way later there to keep momentum up.
You may have noticed while trailing me.

Peace, brother, we will meet again :cool:

Last edited:
At this event you mention led you continue first because I was not sure who was to blame.
In hindsight/replay I´m sure it should have been the other way around, I left you space, you didn´t.

So what did we get for being agressive/stuborn:
Incident points and an ernomous time penalty.
Without that crash we´d both had finished further up :rolleyes:

The way less risky move ( not that I´m good enough to pull that one) would have been to pinch me (contact free) on the entry, get a better run and execute in the oval.

See:
Yousuckatracing.com "getting ****ed at the apex" ;)

And sorry again about T1, I brake way later there to keep momentum up.
You may have noticed while trailing me.

Peace, brother, we will meet again :cool:
I disagree sir, when i backed off on every lap i followed you through the bus stop. You on the other hand wanted to go through two abreast. Surely we would both have to be exceptional drivers to pull that off without contact :)
Sort of proves the point though, as you said we both lost points for what was trivial when really we could of aired our views and moved on without it staining our impeccable reputations :roflmao:
T1 ? didnt notice or forgot or both :)
Till the next time :thumbsup:

I think a penalty per collision would be an issue. Apart from the question of who's to blame I seem to remember from the collision totals in Simracing.gp for AC that it could record multiple collisions from one contact. Also, I think it counts collisions with objects, too.

I remember being surprised a few times by how many collisions it added up.

What was my count from last night? I had a couple of side to side taps during overtakes, one big shunt that also caused me to hit a barrier and one bump draft. For me that's 4-5 collisions but I suspect it shows more....

Also, I think it counts collisions with objects, too.
There an option to count collisions with environment which I haven't configured. So the present count is only with an other car.
On S.GP indeed also object collisions counted.
What was my count from last night?
1675946031363.png

Last column.

I disagree sir, when i backed off on every lap i followed you through the bus stop. You on the other hand wanted to go through two abreast. Surely we would both have to be exceptional drivers to pull that off without contact :)
Sort of proves the point though, as you said we both lost points for what was trivial when really we could of aired our views and moved on without it staining our impeccable reputations :roflmao:
T1 ? didnt notice or forgot or both :)
Till the next time :thumbsup:
On my replay we went in door to door then you verstappened to the inside curb as if I wasn't there pushing me four wheels onto the gras:O_o:
Even an aggressive driver has to leave a car width of space when the opponent is alongside (or pay the price.;))

Well said Steve.

Intentionally running wide to miss or stop an incident, internet ping, being hit thorough no fault of your own, running wide, over-ambitious, making a mistake, start line incident, getting caught in an accident, being knocked off the circuit, driving a difficult car, being on a difficult circuit, being hit from behind, tyres going off, driving around an accident, newcomers who are looking for a fair race and are learning their race craft don't want a raft of penaltys, and many many other things that happen in racing.

As Steve said, I want to race with a bit of polite chaos, I don't want to race with everyone like me, planing and thinking out every move, waiting for many laps to make an overtake, okay for me, but I don't want 30 of me in a race.

Why try and fix something that is far from being broken.

Last edited:
Why try and fix something that is far from being broken.
Why keep a system that openly awards the overly aggressive driver whose business modell is to bully through and damn the consequences.

In real life the great Darwin would long have taken him out of contention, in Iracing he´d be DQéd every second race and probably life banned.

I know that AC doesn´t have a well enough developed damage modell to take the role of Darwin und the incident counter isn´t that sophisticated either.

IRL I´d probably limped my car into the pits after the coming together in Busstop and my snafu at T1 would have been lethal for the car. Tow to the scrapyard please :cry:

I know AC can´t deliver even a apprixomation of that and it would be a tough cookie to swallow for the newbs.

So the idea to count only car collisions (Darwin is not happy) and give a healthy tolerance apeals to me.

Let´s say 7 contact points earn you a written warning, 10 a drive through and if you keep pushing the envelope 15 gives you the black (finger)
That´s room enough for the rare touchytouchy or one mayor snafu.
Than get your act together or suffer the consequences.

Intentionally running wide to miss or stop an incident, internet ping, being hit thorough no fault of your own, running wide, over-ambitious, making a mistake, start line incident, getting caught in an accident, being knocked off the circuit, driving a difficult car, being on a difficult circuit, being hit from behind, tyres going off, driving around an accident, newcomers who are looking for a fair race and are learning their race craft don't want a raft of penaltys, and many many other things that happen in racing.
10 points give you plenty of leeway to do so.

And if you want to overtake someone whose on the same speed level like you without taking Slitherin tactics you better be a pretty good racer or better wait until he folds under the pressure. Because the way of the bully is a pretty shitty way to make a position.

And if i remeber correctly "fair and respectfullracing" is the group motto ;)

happy to hear your thoughts on the topic

Carsten

Last edited:
There are not many races I do not get hit or knocked off, and I certainly do not disagree with everything you have said, I agree wholeheartedly. But I have realised that some of the blame goes my way. The last 12 months I have been aware of that and so have had, from my perspective, really much much less trouble, probably more down to it not affecting me any more.
I say sh^t and hope all be well with the rest of the race.
And usually, because I am not carrying that "baggage" around for the rest of the race, it has no impact on my race.

if I am overtaking I have all the responsibility, it is up to me to pull out, not the defending driver.
if an overtake is not on, I don't.
Quite happy to not challenge an overtake if there is no mileage in it for me.
Do I expect everyone to be like that, hell no, these are my rules?
Do I cut corners, never, but sometimes I just get all out of shape, and rarely if ever does it give me an advantage.
I sometimes give someone some grief if they are going to overtake me, but then I never try, just make it awkward. I think I owe that to the next driver up the road, especially if it is Fulvio.

There are not many races I do not get hit or knocked off, and I certainly do not disagree with everything you have said, I agree wholeheartedly. But I have realised that some of the blame goes my way. The last 12 months I have been aware of that and so have had, from my perspective, really much much less trouble, probably more down to it not affecting me any more.
I say sh^t and hope all be well with the rest of the race.
And usually, because I am not carrying that "baggage" around for the rest of the race, it has no impact on my race.

if I am overtaking I have all the responsibility, it is up to me to pull out, not the defending driver.
if an overtake is not on, I don't.
Quite happy to not challenge an overtake if there is no mileage in it for me.
Do I expect everyone to be like that, hell no, these are my rules?
Do I cut corners, never, but sometimes I just get all out of shape, and rarely if ever does it give me an advantage.
I sometimes give someone some grief if they are going to overtake me, but then I never try, just make it awkward. I think I owe that to the next driver up the road, especially if it is Fulvio.
In fact Ernie, you were gracious enough to move over for me the other night when i had one of those very rare moments of almost being in control of my car and i thank you for that. As you say, no mileage no need. Totally agree

I almost rage quit in the first corner after Richard Barratt illegally passed below me on the apron so he could brake check and crowd me so he got his line. Then was spun by Theo Wasse going full send from behind around the outside hitting me while I was avoiding Richard. Yet I threw that bag of shiz out the window and proceeded to spend 15 min catching up. The only person who sent a PM apology concerning anything in the first corner was Dave Jevons who was unfortunately behind me during all this and thought he caused it. To be honest that collision at the end due to blue flags was accidental but Paul Fairweather kept his foot in it though the bus stop and around the bank. Yes thanks for the apology after Paul, just calling it how it was. I'm trying my best being a "newcomer" to keep it clean and respectful.

Last edited:
On my replay we went in door to door then you verstappened to the inside curb as if I wasn't there pushing me four wheels onto the gras:O_o:
Even an aggressive driver has to leave a car width of space when the opponent is alongside (or pay the price.;))
Hey Carsten, would love to see a replay of my aggressive move. You kinda made my point for me as i am sure we were running parallel, with me in what was your previous laps position. So i guess i am asking, why did you not lift and let me through? None of this matters a squatt, just proves that being overly polite aint gonna win no prizes and a degree of aggression is needed to make points as i said earlier.
Anyway, i have become a dog with a bone so i better go and bury it me thinks :laugh:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 36 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.4%