AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Riverside, Wednesday 9th March 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
For the benefit of our community I refused to sell my Heusinkveld pro pedals to our Alan, on the basis he would be too quick, the sacrifices I make for our community.
B260525C-9F88-400A-9311-01DAAB9A22D3.gif

Hi, I am giving TT’s a go this week as I can’t seem to find pace in the mx5. Just a quick question: how long do the soft tyres last call mediums? Thanks :)
My take on it is dependant on corners, lots of corners , hards, riverside lots of straights , mediums.. Track temps are high here so that might take its toll on mediums.
But and this is a big but, hards and mediums are very close.
I use Hards and mediums. They usually last the race distance here on Wednesday races.

Just read the above, not sure you are going to be any the wiser.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

My take on it is dependant on corners, lots of corners , hards, riverside lots of straights , mediums.. Track temps are high here so that might take its toll on mediums.
But and this is a big but, hards and mediums are very close.
I use Hards and mediums. They usually last the race distance here on Wednesday races.

Just read the above, not sure you are going to be any the wiser.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

"Password: same as last week, otherwise post here and I will send you a PM with it.)"

I just got premium today so I was not here last week ;)
I would like the pass to join the TT/MX-5 race tonight pls

Sorry about the rejoin Mazda's/Allan. No idea why I thought I was still carrying enough momentum it was simply very poor driving on my behalf. Just had a bad race tonight all round and made some silly mistakes. Well done winners.

Last edited:
Pretty fun race after the hiatus of the last few weeks.
Overall nothing changed as I had the usual bump with @davejevons in the first straight :D and from then on I was able to keep the position I had (penultimate..) for practically the entire race. Keeping on track with the Audi's arriving here and there had been difficult in certain points (the esses and the hairpin before the last long straight especially) trying not to be too much of a disturb.
Unlucky exit for @Douglas Aird became a lucky for me as I managed to overcome him. I was pretty happy with the race until the end, trying to shave that last tenth off my time to go under the 2 minutes mark. In the last lap it seemed possibile as I arrived at the hairpin with two and a half tenths of advantage, only to exaggerate and go out. Shame on me! It would have been a very easy third-ultimate place, for once :(:(

It was fun in any case, and I managed to set my personal best anyway so thumbs up.

Cheers to the podium finishers and thanks Han for organising. It was a pleasure seeing @Fiberoptix being back (maybe he was in the previous races I missed as well but I didn't saw him in a long time).

See you next week!

Pretty fun race after the hiatus of the last few weeks.
Overall nothing changed as I had the usual bump with @davejevons in the first straight :D and from then on I was able to keep the position I had (penultimate..) for practically the entire race. Keeping on track with the Audi's arriving here and there had been difficult in certain points (the esses and the hairpin before the last long straight especially) trying not to be too much of a disturb.
Unlucky exit for @Douglas Aird became a lucky for me as I managed to overcome him. I was pretty happy with the race until the end, trying to shave that last tenth off my time to go under the 2 minutes mark. In the last lap it seemed possibile as I arrived at the hairpin with two and a half tenths of advantage, only to exaggerate and go out. Shame on me! It would have been a very easy third-ultimate place, for once :(:(

It was fun in any case, and I managed to set my personal best anyway so thumbs up.

Cheers to the podium finishers and thanks Han for organising. It was a pleasure seeing @Fiberoptix being back (maybe he was in the previous races I missed as well but I didn't saw him in a long time).

See you next week!
First one in a while Omar midweek for me. Good to be back although it makes it all the more disappointing( and embarrassing :whistling: )to cause a pile up! Two silver linings being it was Allan who I collided with and he is fast enough to catch you all again ( sorry Allan:thumbsup:) and I just got fastest lap at the end.

Last edited:
…Overall nothing changed as I had the usual bump with @davejevons in the first straight :D and from then on I was able to keep the position I had (penultimate..) for practically the entire race.
It’s getting embarrassing now :redface:Such a dumb crash that I could have avoided. It wasn’t even a corner! Apologies for my part in that

It was a lonely race at the back for me. Saw some Audis going by… they were very nice :thumbsup: Came close to catching @Douglas Aird at the end but needed one more lap. A nice drive in the desert for me.

Last edited:
After Allans unfortunate Oopsie it was a " don´t loose concentration situation" for me except for some "entertainment" from the Audi faction.

My offroad excursion in the Esses was my own fault, I tried to be nice to an Audi and went offline first and offroad second. 5sec penalty, learned my lesson. :mad:

And than an Audi divebombed m in T8 and got "one up the splitter" for his troubles.
So much for staying on the racing line....
( Just moaning, not really complaining. NO report ;))

These incidents cost me about 6,5 sec which Paul found very inviting, but I managed to slip away again.

A little sweating about fuel warning lights later the Black and White made the evening an success.

I hope next week Allan and I can duke it out, not sure if he is avoiding me :O_o:
( Only so he is properly motivated to whoop my ass next week ;))

MFG Carsten

( Victory beer awaiting)

Last edited:
Not my best track but I pulled out a half decent qualifying for a mid pack place.

Raul squeezed past through the Esses but we avoided the very early issues. Then I managed to slide wide on three of the four main corners in the first lap and lost a few places and a lot of time.

With a clear track I was keeping pace and slowly catching the guys ahead, finally catching Raul with about 7 laps to go, only to make another error and hand the place back to Raul and then Omar.

Spent the remaining laps trying to catch Omar and keep Dave behind me. Omar did a great job until he lost it, allowing me to get the place back. I just held Dave off at the end by 1 second. Great pace at the end, mate.

Congratulations to Carsten and Han for the win and thanks again to Han for organising.

It’s getting embarrassing now :redface:Such a dumb crash that I could have avoided. It wasn’t even a corner! Apologies for my part in that

It was a lonely race at the back for me. Saw some Audis going by… they were very nice :thumbsup: Came close to catching @Douglas Aird at the end but needed one more lap. A nice drive in the desert for me.
No worries mate! Just out of curiosity, I don't know if it was overzealousness in getting onto the racing line for the first corner or you didn't saw me; in the latter case if you don't have it already, you could try some radar app (I'm using Helicorsa), they're very useful to avoid side by side incidents like ours, for (us?) single screen users.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%