AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Riverside, Wednesday 9th March 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Quick question on starts. I assume everyone goes clutch down, 1st then clutch up. I guess you could rev it load then slam into first as lights go out? I got warped for jump start when I had my clutch down and went into first gear, rocked the car and that was enough apprently thanks really good race by the way loving these Wednesday events
Revs up and slam into first, I don't use the clutch at all. Not sure what everyone else does, though.

Main thing to avoid the jump start is not to engage 1st until the last red light goes out.

Last edited:
15 per session, excluding qualifying. It's activated as Kers so you need to map a button to that.

You get a short burst of extra power then a cooldown before you can use it again. You should see a counter on your HUD to tell you how many you have left. If it's white you can use it, when it's in use it's red and when on cooldown it's blue (from memory).

On a long lap you can probably use two, possibly three (unless it's the Nords!).

Another cool thing is that the rear side windows of the Audi also shows the counter, too, so you can see if your opponent has any left (if you are close enough). It also flashes when it's being used. :)
Sounds sweet! Might help me dig into that 0.6 of a second I was losing of the leaders on their fastest laps in the race :)

Revs up and slam into first, I don't use the clutch at all. Not sure what everyone else does, though.

Main thing to avoid the jump start is not to engage 1st until the last red light goes out.
With the Audi, 95% grip and cold tyres you'd better not rev it up to the max. Short shifting to 2nd. At least that is what I do.

Quick question on starts. I assume everyone goes clutch down, 1st then clutch up. I guess you could rev it load then slam into first as lights go out? I got warped for jump start when I had my clutch down and went into first gear, rocked the car and that was enough apprently thanks really good race by the way loving these Wednesday events
This Audi has no clutch, rev and engage first when lights go out.
I would normally waffle on with my advise, but as I nearly always lose two or three positions at every start, I will leave it at that.

Same here, due to a certain driver that's often the guy in front of me at the start....:O_o:
Ach Han,

as you decided to go with Audi there´s a easy solution:

just qualify better :)
( :mad: "must drive faster":mad:)

For us lowly Mazda drivers this doesn´t work as even in the first (Mazda) row you get held up by Audists :redface:

As for shifting, I use the clutch for starts (and offroading :redface:) and a sequential stick shifter.
For upshifting just ripp it at WOT, for downshifting blip the throttle to avoid locking the rears.
Autoclutch and Autoblip are much easier (meant for the controler racers I believe ;)) and feel slower.

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
When checking the replay you´ll see that this quip is completely unwarranted :cautious:.

Allan got cleared off P1 in the first lap by an Audist and made a great comeback from the shadow realm.
Yeah, thanks @stigs2cousin for that.. @HF2000 i was unfortunate to be taken out by an Audist, but thats motor racing :rolleyes:..I will say this...Guys if you come off track, dont just re-enter, you have to wait till its safe to come back on track, i know its easier saying it that doing it but anyway...Moving on..So from last i had to put my foot down and start doing catch up..In all i finished 3rd which im happy with,shame i was,nt closer to @stigs2cousin and i have to say @Shed 17 great pace M8,and to my old buddy @andre_murel,shame you were a bit off pace m8,could have been epic...
Hmmmm,im starting to wonder if im getting picked on here.:whistling:.:cautious:...

For the benefit of our community I refused to sell my Heusinkveld pro pedals to our Alan, on the basis he would be too quick, the sacrifices I make for our community.
Two silver linings being it was Allan who I collided with and he is fast enough to catch you all again ( sorry Allan:thumbsup:)
And then our own glorious leader sneeks up behind me and gives me a kidney punch..:sneaky:
P.S.: @Allan Ramsbottom : only 3rd and 14s behind Carsten:confused:??? You'd better get rid of that DD wheel:p
SOOOOO, Wow :roflmao:now i know where i stand in this great racing community :laugh:.Its a good job i,ve got very big broad shoulders, or it could get messy..:D.:laugh:..Yes of course it a laugh, i love it,thats why i will be coming back for more..Till the next race..Stay safe guys..:inlove:..

Sounds sweet! Might help me dig into that 0.6 of a second I was losing of the leaders on their fastest laps in the race :)
Best place to maximise it's use is hit it as soon as your foot is to the floor on corner exit for the corner before the longest straight. You get the benefit all the way up the straight.

It's quite strategic as to when you use it and how much to save for later in the race for catching up or staying ahead.

Noooo you are quick enough you Mazda rotters, although like in the esses the Audi is mega, else where it can be a real struggle to overtake a Mazda cleanly. That is we’re all the problem lay. I can catch him essily for the next corner, then , why is it taking so long, then **** I am not going to make it, then, too late I will go for that diminishing gap and hope he keeps to the left , then ****, I hit him, it was his fault , Mazda’s are driven by rotters anyway.
E4FA19C9-7F2E-4DD4-B583-96B45607F454.png
Well perhaps not quite like that comical rendition, but the basics are not far off.

Noooo you are quick enough you Mazda rotters, although like in the esses the Audi is mega, else where it can be a real struggle to overtake a Mazda cleanly. That is we’re all the problem lay. I can catch him essily for the next corner, then , why is it taking so long, then **** I am not going to make it, then, too late I will go for that diminishing gap and hope he keeps to the left , then ****, I hit him, it was his fault , Mazda’s are driven by rotters anyway.
View attachment 548488
Well perhaps not quite like that comical rendition, but the basics are not far off.
So if the turbo car is such a burden, why not come down to the plebs and race N.A.?
You´ll never ever again have to worry about lapping a Mazda ;)

Talking of which, has Race Control reached a verdict where to sand surf next??
(@HF2000)

Curious Carsten

I sat on the start line with a sixth sense, this is not going to go well, I have done so many races now the feelings are usually correct. But “hey ho “ you never know.
Some one, not sure, went on the sand in the first series of s bends, why do you always seem to follow and do the same. I seemed hell bent on making sure my premonition was correct.
After that I was hard hit by the Mazdas, not that they did anything wrong, far from it , all were most helpful. In the end Thomas and Han had too much pace over me to close a gap of about 6 to 10seconds, and by the end of the race I guessed that Han was on P2P so that did not inspire any confidence, then a Thomas did a mid 36 and that was me “well” done up like a kipper.
View attachment 548425K
3rd was my eventual outcome, and to be honest in the circumstance I was “with in” all the problems I had , lucky to get that. I did keep an eye on our fast charging new comers
who probably had the same grief as me, which at least helped my fruitless cause.
Well done podiums, and off course @HF2000 for organisation.
:)
who is that comedian thanks Gary

Just shows how important replays can be, thought I had a bad race, but looking at the replay I did not know I was last. And there were no free rides, all I came across were quick and difficult to get by, generally same'ish pace as me, and more "important" very fair to race with.
I have of late not been looking at the replays, you can learn a lot from them.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%