Multiplayer Postponed

As far as I know Early Access is not the same as buying in on the development, it merely means you get access to the product before it is finished, no more and no less.
People who feel cheated by "promises" or such really need to go reconsider their expectations, because to me it seems that most of these "promises" people are screaming about have never actually been promised by anyone.

Another point is,- more to the Devs. Never promise stuff, like Kunos sorta did with the number of updates, for which time etc.
In the start, it really did feel like they kinda had 99.5% of the stuff they used in updates already made, they just kept feeding it in, as a part of "look, we can give you updates every second week, quite huge updates as well".
That is OK, as long as they are able to keep it up. If not, they have made a small mistake.
Of course dude, do you think these cars being released are made within 2 weeks, design and physics wise? Well you are wrong. You always need fine tuning though... Thats why they delay the releases into 2 week cycles.

I completely understand why Kunos do not have multiplayer working at the point in time, but I fear they have handled this the completely wrong way.
Firstly, at the time of initial launch, they claimed it would "definately" be working for the weekend... now I don't know what error they had, but when you arent certain that you will have the thing fully functional, how can you give a fanbase a 100% guarantee one day after the initial delay?
Secondly. the lack of communication and assurance through their official forums/facebook page is alarming. We have already been assured it would be working by the weekend, and it is now 3 days later and we have heard nothing since, which doesn't fill anyone with confidence either.

I'm not complaining about a lack of multiplayer, I'm patient to wait, but how Kunos have dealt with the situation, and filled us with disappointment in the unknown delay is somewhat frustrating.
I do understand it was out of their control with an unknown bug, but to guarantee us online on two difference occasions and to not deliver, the second without warning isn't the way it should be dealt with!

Just my opinion.

Link to this 100% guarantee? Link for the quote "definately" working for the weekend?

it`s software development, and they have developed it really well and in my book more than kept their promises! Sure a lot of it is in the background and stuff you will only finally see in 1.0 and above, but believe me it will be very worth it (your little investment)!!
I totally believe Marco`s promise that version 1 will be very special ;)

Oh and next week there will be a thread called "multiplayer released" which will be full of comments on tiny bugs blown up to epic proportions, haha
"The cars are flashing from connection loss!!!1!!111!ONE!!1! You don't get that in all of the other perfect sims out there!!!11!1! Kunos don't know what they're doing!!11!1!"

Probably a good week to skip the general forums and stick to the Club sections. :whistling:

Thats a big field, lets hope that means we are getting close. On a side note anyone else have mates that have bought the game and are not as forum savy as the rest of us ?, im sick of them saying ...are we there yet, are we there yet ! :mad::D

Two friends that bought it on my recommendation... I get bombarded with "Why isn't it finished yet? I payed for it like, last year." :mad::cry::mad:

LOL , my mates are ok they know that its early access but they want their multiplayer NOW ! so that we can race together, one of them works in computers so once i explained to him he was ok.....but the other .....NOW !!!!. Another video has been posted of a fiat arbath race, they even throw in what looks like a safety car double rolling restart test at the end, no there was not a safety car there before anyone gets excited lol.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 252 34.3%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 199 27.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 139 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 60 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.4%