PC2 New Project CARS 2 Images Leaked

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
pcars 2 - 6.jpg

Leaked images of the in development Project CARS 2 title have surfaced on the internet recently, showing various vehicles and weather conditions contained within the title.

With the first Project CARS installment having come in for heavy criticism due to a wide variety of bugs and issues with the title across all platforms, Slightly Mad Studios CEO Ian Bell has confirmed via a recent interview that PCARS 2 is now at the Quality Assurance Process stage, predicting a minimum of seven months for the title to undergo rigorous testing and bug fixing prior to the studio releasing the game for public sale.

Project CARS 2 is the sequel to the highly popular Project CARS title released during 2015. The game is currently under early development and little is known about what players can expect once the title releases, probably during 2017. It is expected that PCARS 2 will contain similar features and content to the original, plus the following information contained on the office game website:

• THE LARGEST TRACK ROSTER EVER - 50 unique locations and 200+ courses including 'loose surface racing' on dirt, gravel, mud, and snow. All will have dynamic time of day and weather allowing you to play anytime, anywhere
  • THE WIDEST VARIETY OF MOTORSPORTS with 8 different disciplines now including Rallycross. 200+ cars from over 40 different vehicle classes including never-before-seen Concepts and Banned Race Cars
  • CO-OP CAREER - More choices, more opportunities, more strategy, greater risks and greater rewards
  • SEAMLESSLY CONNECTED - Socialize and compete via Online Track Days, have players from around the world take the place of AI-controlled drivers in your solo play, and get news updates on the Driver Network around you
  • PRO ESPORTS RACING - Skill & Behavioural-based matchmaking, create your own Online Racing Seasons, and Live Broadcast and Spectator functionality
  • YOUR HOME FOR RACING - Your own personal, customisable Test Track to tune and test your cars.

pcars 2 - 4.jpg
pcars 2 - 7.jpg

Project CARS 2 is due for release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC during 2017.

Check out the Project CARS forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Project CARS on both PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Browse out modding database, engage with the community or join in one of our many League and Club Racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment.

pcars 2 - 1.jpg pcars 2 - 5.jpg

Are you looking forward to PCARS 2? Do you still have faith in SMS following the original release of PCARS and subsequent issues with the title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Project Cars should rename to Project Colander, given that they seem to be perpetually leaking all over the place. As usual, will wait for reviews and see if it is worth it. Hype level at this moment is at a healthy and steady zero. :unsure:

Im interested, as long as they dont rip us off again, with all the paid dlc for tracks and cars that should already be in the sim.
What do you mean by *should* already be in the game? The base track and car roster was more than ok. So why do you think everything they ever made should be included? I don't understand. If the value they offer is not good enough for you, then don't let yourself get *ripped* off and don't buy!

Got suckered into the first projects Cars and cursed the AI that took much of the joy away. PC2 will be purchased only when Steam has it at $15 or less. There are simply too many quality racing games out there now that are more responsive to their user base.

Don't get people complaining about FFB..probably to lazy to work themselves into it. Vanilla FFB was horrible, no question. But tweaked and modeled correctly, including Jack Spades FFB tweaker files and individual settings for every car it is amongst the very best FFB out there, definitely better then almigthy Assetto Corsa.

Without a demo to try pCARS 2 myself, I'm afraid I can't be convinced no matter the graphics, sound or prestige of licenses SMS will have gathered. Make it FEEL right and consistent this time and I'll buy it.
(note that I'm not saying make it feel like AC, iRacing, rF2, AMS, R3E ...any of those would be fine, there is not one right for me).
No demo and you can't hope to extract more than 20 bucks from me.
and how much did you pay for AC? I don't like pCars, but from what I can tell, its a much more complete game.

Don't get people complaining about FFB..probably to lazy to work themselves into it. Vanilla FFB was horrible, no question. But tweaked and modeled correctly, including Jack Spades FFB tweaker files and individual settings for every car it is amongst the very best FFB out there, definitely better then almigthy Assetto Corsa.
FFB is very subjective. Problem with pCars is that other titles don't require extensive tweaking to get a fairly acceptable FFB feel. Agreed that it feels good after much effort is spent but sadly it does not feel so out of the box and many people don't want to spend hours getting the game to feel right, but would rather be spending that time playing. Assetto Corsa may not be perfect either but for the most part everything works well from the get go.

"Also the best AI by some margin, i had always the most fun in AI races in this title, compared to all other sims."

I think the AI was the worst of all the sims I have (and I have the lot). Cars whizzing past you off the track all the time. Easily my biggest gripe about the game. I love the tracks, cars, how they categorize the cars by performance, etc but the bleeping AI is nuts!!...lol

Are you looking forward to PCARS 2?
Yes I am...but as mentioned in a previous post hopefully they will learn and improve from pC1 and make pC2 a better Sim....if so I will purchase it, although I will possibly purchase it anyway as I have had a couple of $9 euro deposits put into my PayPal account:thumbsup: over the last year or so from SMS so I will use that towards pC2.:)

I haven't met a single owner of Project Cars 1 on PC that was entirely satisfied with the game.

Who has ever been entirely satisfied with ANY software? They all fall short in some way or another. I have been LEAST disappointed by PC1 than most other sims. Maybe Dirt Rally and AMS, but only because DR's existence was such a surprise, and AMS was free with an SCE upgrade. Hard to complain about that.

As for PC1, fortunately I never had a game-breaking bug ever. The AI has run into me, but it just feels like I'm racing with Vettel and Rosberg. They still have the annoying glass breaking crash sound fx even if you glance a wall, and I complained about that almost a year before release...

All in all, I am very much looking forward to PC2, they have shown progress on a couple of my biggest niggles (UI, car setup).

Are you looking forward to PCARS 2?
Depends on the feel, the FFB was crap in 1- and the physics was iffy sometimes. AC makes it feel like their old title, NFS Shift 2- which was great in its day but not now.
Do you still have faith in SMS following the original release of PCARS and subsequent issues with the title?
If it's for consoles, it won't be gimped by NVIDIA. I really hate what NVIDIA does to make their cards look special on game release days, only to see AMD catch up later as the "bugs" are worked out. NVIDIA doesn't play fair, they play dirty.

Not looking forward, since its a half sim, and I believe it will be even worse then the 1st edition (that always is). Not considering the graphics part, which no doubt will be number 1, but for me, that`s not what counts unfortunately.

PC1 was such a huge disappointment for me.i really played this title for some months and i felt like the worst 50 euros i ve ever spend.Graphics are great i think the best of all sims out there by far, but the physics are just crap.not even a sim for my opinion.something like granturismo or forza lets say.i prefer a hundred times,a more outdated sim like automobilista not so eyecandy but with great physics or asseto corsa which it is my best sim at the moment exactly for that reason because when you drive cars at the limit its even better than iracing so close to reality i think.so i ll wait for many reviews from hardcore sim racers before spending my money again thats for sure

I am open to any racing game that lets me use my wheel and does it *properly.. Now what happens after testing title out depends on it's quality... Do I let it sit with all the other arcade racers I never play again... Or maybe it belongs in that "simcade" category, for use only when in that rare mood for something not as realistic, or at last does it go into my rotation of "quality sim racers" that I enjoy daily.. I dunno really, but like I said, I am open to trying anything that involves vehicles and using my wheel.
*(Preferably support for the th8a, clutch and my handbrake)

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 50 12.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 42 10.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 48 11.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 46 11.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 141 34.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 240 59.0%