OK Here it is AGAIN the old what Graphics card debate

Hey Gents,

Ok so please don't shoot me but I sold my old sim rig setup about a year ago and looking to build a new one but want to run triples and in the 1440 range but don't know what graphics card is the best now I had a 2080ti but with limited computer knowledge wasn't sure what graphics card is better or work arounds.

Also if I am getting new monitors what are some good suggestions I would like to go 32" or larger.

Thanks in advance

2080ti is about the best you can get. For 1440 triples I would recommend 2080 or 2080ti really. Its a lot of pixels to push around.

Whats your budget?

Then by all means get a 2080ti. If you're filthy rich, get a Titan RTX.

Monitors: Anything with G-sync, at least 144hz, thin bezels (if you want the bezel-free kit, stick with 27''), TN panel (not critical this one, only for slightly faster response). ASUS ROG series would be a good choice.

Just as a note only reason to ever buy a Titan RTX is if you NEED the 24gb of VRAM, and that only applies to, science simulations, machine learning, massive CAD models and editing raw 4k video. Performance wise its single digit percentage faster than the 2080ti, and its actually slower than a good factory overclocked 2080ti.

Titan RTX is really intended as a mid point between 2080ti and Quadro RTX 6000 professional cards. i.e. a 'affordable Quadro' for small businesses who don't need error correcting ECC spec.

A 2080ti will still struggle with 1440p triples as resolution is higher than 4k.

Also be aware that this year the 2080ti is going to be knocked off its throne as fastest card by high end AMD NAVI and Nvidia Ampere next gen for likely the same money as a 2080ti, we are expecting by around computex in June. So it might be worth waiting, unless you can find a bargain of course.

On monitors I don't know i'd rather get 3 really nice 27 inch 144hz IPS 1080p monitors set closer than 32 inch 1440p TN.
Although you will also need a cpu with lightning core speed to drive the refresh rates of the 2080ti at 1080p to make it worth the effort. i.e. Intel OC 9900k or AMD 3900x.

If you want one now, Asus 2080ti Strix and oc it. The voltage regulation won't let you hurt the card so find you max OC and ride it out.

You'll need a 9700k/9900k to match it up and OC that also. None of the sims use more than 4cores but they love frequency so more OC you can throw at them, the happier they are.

Last piece is getting fast ram and tuning it. Low latency is king for gaming and sims.

I’m debating building a computer myself but never done it and kinda nervous to buy the wrong stuff what exactly would a perfect setup be processor and mb be with a rtx 2080ti want to make sure I do it right the first time wanna keep the budget around 3000-3500

I’m debating building a computer myself but never done it and kinda nervous to buy the wrong stuff what exactly would a perfect setup be processor and mb be with a rtx 2080ti want to make sure I do it right the first time wanna keep the budget around 3000-3500

If main goal is high end gaming:
9900ks
Arctic freezer II 360 AIO
Asus XI Hero or above motherboard. Gigabyte Z390 Master will work also
16GB (2x8) 16-16-16-3600 mem (you can tune this later manually when you're comfortable)
Asus Strix 2080ti
850w PSU with a Platinum or above rating
Some form of SSD.

Everything is pretty straight forward plug n play. Go into BIOS, set XMP for the ram to work as intended and enjoy it. Once you're more comfortable, you can start to OC the cpu, gpu and mem. GPU being the easiest to OC followed by cpu and mem. When everything is fully tuned, it's about a 20% performance increase over everything stock out of the box. There's a lot of youtube videos with walkthrough on how assemble also.

The tough part about this is we are expecting an announcement by NVidia on March 20th for the new 7nm process 30 series cards. Expectations are that they will be another 30% more powerful than current cards. The rumor mill claims 50% but for RTX (ray tracing) functionality only.

Wow that’s a rip off. The KS is just a better bin for overclockers. It’s the same thing as 9900k

See if the 9900kf is even cheaper. The “kf” Is a 9900k with a disabled onboard gpu which you won’t need anyway since you’re getting a graphics card.

Can I go with a little lower on the cpu. The 9900ks is almost 1k they have the 9900K that is only 500 but wasn’t sure the difference

I can tell you that my 9900K is able to easily run everything I've got. The only CPU intensive title I use that can get one core limited is Dirt Rally 2.0.

If main goal is high end gaming:
9900ks
Arctic freezer II 360 AIO
Asus XI Hero or above motherboard. Gigabyte Z390 Master will work also
16GB (2x8) 16-16-16-3600 mem (you can tune this later manually when you're comfortable)
Asus Strix 2080ti
850w PSU with a Platinum or above rating
Some form of SSD.

^^ This (albeit with your choice of K,KS or KF CPU) is probably the best you can get for gaming and what I'd have recommended myself. If its in the budget id definitely recommend an M.2 Nvme SSD for the boot drive. I think for my new build im going full SSD :D

will this case work with the arctic freezer 11 360, everything is making sense so far but not sure if the liquid cooler will fit in this case

So far I have these items selected for the build

Intel i9 9900K
Asus RTX 2080ti strix
Arctic liquid freezer 11 360
Asus ROG maximum xi hero wifi
intel 660p series 2TB m.2 SSD
850w platinum power suuply

then the above mentioned case
and I already have the RAM sitting here for 64GB

You would be better off with a Noctua D15 Fan based CPU cooler. It does better than all the water cooling solutions unless you are going for a larger custom tanked system.

The Noctua system will be quieter and more reliable. It has two fans so it has a backup. The liquid cooler still requires fans to cool the radiator and has a pump which can fail and become noisy.

ok ya just read the reviews on that thing looks really nice and I really like the no maintainence idea behind it as well. Do you think it Will have any fitment issues with the above case by chance.

ok ya just read the reviews on that thing looks really nice and I really like the no maintainence idea behind it as well. Do you think it Will have any fitment issues with the above case by chance.

Use that Part picker link to see if it's compatible. I got my Fractal Cases for a number of reasons including fitting the D15's. I've got two cases and two D25's right now.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 36 46.2%
  • Porsche

Votes: 26 33.3%
  • BMW

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • McLaren

Votes: 22 28.2%
  • Toyota

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • Intel

Votes: 12 15.4%