• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 133

• Deleted member 133

Downloads: A new file has been added by System:

PCC 2007 v1.0

The modification PCC 2007 simulates 4 seasons with the new 997 GT3 Cup Car. The Mod inlcudes the carrera Cup Seasons of Germany, Australia and the Asia Cup also the Porsche Mobil1 Supercup witch is a support series from the FIA Formula 1.

This mod includes a more detailed Porsche 911 GT3 Cup carshape which might be the best shape possible without CAD data. The car has high resolution textures as well and an even more real cockpit which makes driving as impressing and real as never seen before.

Physics have been developed in cooperation with the real PCC driver Ralph Kalaschek and his team MRS Racing. The car's behaviour on track feels closer to reality than in any other racing simulation out there.

there's a problem with sharing overlay ini's between platforms (rfdynhud bug)(file overlays_prunn_extract_here.rar)
I've originally packed it up so it doesn't go overwrite someone's config, but if it causes a problem, don't use them.
use the Widgets menu from a cleared ini (ex: overlay_monitor_small.ini should be there and pretty much empty) to add them
thank you for your understanding

Downloads: A new file has been added by Ryan Callan:

Bathurst Legends 72 v1.3

This contains only the race vehicles, for an easier and clutter-free download.

If you wish to have the full download with showroom spec cars included please download from HERE

Ausmoddders proudly present the next chapter in the legends of Bathurst, this time its the David v's Goliath era of 1972.

Bathurst Legends 1972 will include the famous GTHO Phase 3 Falcon, the mighty GTR XU1 Torana and the under estimated E49 Chargers doing battle with all new models, individual physics and the great liveries that are now infamous in Australian history.

Bathurst Legends 1972 will include the 1971 era cars also to really add to this great time of motorsport history.

Current Version 1.3
1.3 is a full version download. We were getting issues with mismatches and because so many files have changed since its original release we thought it better to release the whole lot again. 1.3 includes changes to make all 3 cars more consistent in their parity.
This mod is built for league racing and therefore should be treated as such. No point trying to race the 3 cars over very short distances such as 5 laps as this is not what the mod nor how the real cars raced. We recommend races no shorter then 30 minutes (45 minutes preferred) and possibly turn fuel and tyre usage up to 2x. In real life these cars ran a minimum of 90-120 minute races and endurance races of 5-7 hours long.
Parity is there if the advantages of each of the cars is used. The Falcon is fast in a straight line but uses more tyres and fuel, the Torana nimble and efficient while the Charger is consistent.

Change Log 1.3
- Reduced Fuel usage of Torana very slightly
- Increased Fuel usage of Charger Slightly
- Changed Falcon up and down shift times to same as other 2 cars
- Added 4th pit stop to all 3 cars in garage se tup
- added extra 5 litres fuel to Torana pit stop 2,3 and 4
- Added 3.5:1 Differential to Torana

Change Log 1.2
- Fixed Problem with Charger tyres overheating
- Added 3.7:1 differential to Charger
- Changed steering locks on all car equally the same
- Lowered heating on rear tyres only of Falcon to solve overheating issue and small reduction in wear
- Fixed issue with LODS

Change Log 1.1
- Fixed Charger tyres wear becoming un-drivable when 70%
- Fixed pit strategy error, no ability to select fuel stops
- fixed custom showroom error
- fixed allot of items on the Torana physics

Hello I am very interested in this mod and it and fact to my way little by little and when I have obtained it me the doubt arises from since putting it in the game since I have tried it of all the ways possibly and do not obtain it, I hope that they can help me.
A greeting.

Downloads: A new file has been added by Raido:

Vaca Valley Raceway 1965

VACA VALLEY RACEWAY V1.0 by RudyD (Raido), 2011

This is a rendition of the now-defunct Vaca Valley Raceway road course in California. It's a resurrected 'Ghost Track', a real track gone to waste, now reborn to run in race simulators. I developed it during 2010.

If you're wondering why this track is so flat and there's so little scenery around: that's 'cause the real track was, too ;)

If you're wondering why you've never heard of this track before: that's 'cause it's been closed and left to crumble since 1972 ;)

It's a road course developed initially for the rFactor simulator, later ported to GTR2 and hopefully other sims. Vaca Valley existed from 1958 to 1972, as one of the first 'multi-purpose' race facilities in the US: A road course, with an infield oval and its main straight also in use as the local drag strip.
After 1972 the racing stopped here, partly due to lack of funding and an ever more bumpy road surface.

Since the faint outline of this track on Google Earth is just about all that's left, I wanted to take this as its "DNA" (before it's completely faded away even from Google in a few years) and put that in a simulated approximation of this bit of now-lost Americana.

It's basic, since I'm no master trackbuilder like ComX or the VLM guys, but the track's main features are there. I hope it will bring back some memories for the people who ran there and a new experience for the drivers who'd like to race some historic cars in a historic location.

Video from 1965:

The track was mainly developed and tested for rFactor (running on a Mac) using Bob's Track Builder as a first exercise in trackbuilding, but there's also a version for GTR2 and perhaps more variants for other sims will appear not too long after the rF version. Tests were mainly done using Vintage Formula Vee, HistoriX, Lotus Elise, Plickbadger's Spec Miata, Vintage Formula Ford, rF Caterham and other lower-powered mods.

To install, extract and copy the track folder to your rFactor\GameData\Locations\ folder. (Ignore any _MacOSX folders - they're a byproduct of the Mac's file system)

The track is a road course, but incorporates the infield oval (Turn 1 is part of it and is slightly banked) and the drag strip on the straight. The oval and the strip are driveable, but not as separate tracks at the moment.
As a road racing track, it looks pretty easy, but it's trickier than it looks, due to its flatness and lack of brake markers (hint: Brake early, earlier than you would want(!), and note the bumps in the road). It's pretty easy to slide off in the hairpins, and that's without dust and dirt on the track! In real life, it was also bumpy as heck towards the end.

If you'd like the AI to speed up or slow down a bit, raise or lower the Worst/Mid/Bestadjust values in the .aiw file by about 0.1 at first and experiment a bit until you're happy with it.

Conversions of this track are expressly allowed, as long as proper credit is given.
I plan to release the BTB 'project file' of this track later on, so that people will be able to make their own improvements and additions. As a result of this "GNU GPL-style" kind of release, people who make new versions should release their new add-ons to the public as well, though. This track or its conversions may not be sold for profit without permission.

Credits and thanks go to:
Inspiration: TheChicaneblog.com
Track:
- Piddy/ Bob's Track Builder
- Contrails: Ilya/KittX
- ComX: Birds
- Planes: VLM
Info: Frank Sheffield, Mike Summers
Credits photos: Jbspec7, JasonG77 and others
- The dudes and dudettes at Racedepartment.com for Xpacks (Barbje_Keller, RSoul, Martinez, Parlesportes, Jay_P666, Ennisfargis et al) and for helping out.

Have fun,

RudyD (The Netherlands)

Downloads: A new file has been added by jerry13344:

Hockenheim 60s

Track for Rfactor

This is my own version of what I think was in the 60s Hockenheim

I'm no expert, but this is among friends and I thank the
BTB designers who have given me many examples.

Pista para Rfactor
Esta es mi propia versión de lo que creo que fue Hockenheim en los 60s

No soy un experto, pero esto es entre amigos y agradezco a los
diseñadores de BTB que me han dado muchos ejemplos.

Hey Raido,
Nice to see another extinct track back from the grave thanks to sim-racing & rFactor!
You could probably save Download size though as there is actually two working separate track folders in this.....
Just thought I'd let you know.....
Bloody Apples eh?
Cool rendition!!

Downloads: A new file has been added by Barry Waterfield:

Thruxton by Lasercutter TV Cams

This is my 1st attempt to make TV cams for Rfactor using the ISI AIWCAM editor tool.

Its rough around the edges but I hope you like it.

Screenies
2ewkysx.jpg

2mev2aw.jpg

***Will only work with Lasercutters BTB Thruxton ***

Downloads: A new file has been added by Frédéric Ducommun:

Piddy v1.0

Piddy v1.0 by Fredhot and NeelJ

(french Google translation)

Blablah:
After Vitus Parc, I'm proud to present this new fictional track, 4.113mi long, fictitiously located in Switzerland. It features rapid successions, significant elevations of land (65 meters high with slopes up to 20%), banked turns. He has several technical difficulties, blind turns, braking in support of fast corners requiring high downforce, but also fast sections fully loaded with relative high top speeds.
The four-turn on a steep slope is difficult to negotiate, and is an important factor in tire wear.
The circuit has two variants, SAH anti-clockwise, and SH clockwise.
In order to run smoothly on the ripples, they were built with the "wall" tool of BTB, which offers the opportunity to ride comfortably on the curbs in both directions, which would have been difficult to achieve with the "S-Object" tool 3Din BTB normally used to create the curbs. With this method, the ripples are friendly enough to ride it, which is necessary if one wants to go fast on Piddy.
To enable it to play the card of the strategies of pit stops, access to the pits are shorter and faster than the runway to minimize the time spent in the pits.

Credits:
- Fredhot: layout design, track, walls, ripples, terrain, stands, paddocks, bridge, cameras (3 groups).
- NeelJ: integration, optimization, 3D objects, textures, vegetation, buildings, scenery, development, lights, etc.
- Thierrydu81: AIW, max 36 cars.
- Boblebric: beta testing.
- Nuggit: permission to use VLM (Mid Ohio) animated birds.
- CGTextures.com: for the realization of the circuit, improving its graphics, and creating 3D objects, textures were created with images of cgtextures.com.
By default, these images can not be redistributed, visit www.cgtextures.com for more information.

X Pack creators :
- " Great Britain", objects from RBR, vegetation ;
- " Haywood Club", textures, walls and gardrails ;
- " Textures janvier", by Parlesportes, Rallyesim.fr ;
- " NL Pack", "Poles", "TV Crews", "Starter", "TV Guy", "Rulers Pack", etc.

Tribute to Brendon Pywell: Software creator Bob's Track Builder. This circuit is a tribute to Brendon Pywell, creator of Bob's Track Builder software, which I used to create this circuit. Brendon is also known by his nickname Piddy. After spending much time and energy to create and develop this software, a certain weariness with the obvious : impossible to win enough money with BTB. And after many reviews of the failed system of BTB license, Brendon suddenly stopped the development of BTB.
Since March 2009, no word from Piddy on RaceDepartment, the website that hosts the forum dedicated to BTB. I wanted, through this project, show him my respect and gratitude for creating this software, which opened doors for me, as a small amateur creation circuit for car racing simulations on PC.
Brendon, I wish you long and beautiful life, and Brendon be well !!

Tribute to Alain: for your unwavering, your determination, your experience and your talent, you were able to make this beautiful and fluid circuit because coming from BTB, it was neither one nor the other ;- )

Software:
Building the circuit cameras: Bob's Track Builder 0.8.0.3 by Brendon Pywell
Integration, textures 3DSimed 2.x by Sim Garage
AIW: AIW CAM Editor, ISI
Photoshop, Adobe.
Conversions :
Conversions to GTLegends, GTR2, Race Series is underway, conducted byNeelJ probably available around summer 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 50 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%