Tracks Paramount Ranch Raceway 1.10

Login or Register an account to download this content

rmi_wood

Realistic Modders inc.
Premium
rmi_wood submitted a new resource:

Paramount Ranch Raceway - A forgotten classic in the hills of California

View attachment 688627View attachment 688629View attachment 688630
"Nestled in the rolling foothills of Agoura, a few miles north of Malibu in sunny California. Paramount Ranch Racetrack was the first purpose-built road racing course in California, created during the sportscar racing boom of the 1950s around a western movie set. Extremely short-lived, it served for less than two years (from 1956-1957) before tragedy forced its closure." -...

Read more about this resource...

Very nice track thank you for your work I have a question at home I have a black band at the end of the tree branches, is this normal? THANKS.

Very nice track thank you for your work I have a question at home I have a black band at the end of the tree branches, is this normal? THANKS.

Attachments

• ranch.jpg
    ranch.jpg
    513.6 KB · Views: 45
Hi again rmi_wood! In your answer to my review you said some things I want to comment. Please, don't take my words like a fierce criticism; it's only my humble opinion and of course, it can be wrong...

Here we go!

...You mention the tires and the consideration is gameplay, as the ones on this track are very far off of the raceline and you would rarely come into contact with these, and if you did go this far off, its a bit more convienent to not destroy the car and continue on...

Well, in my case, isn't rarely to go off track, I'm a bit of a mess driving and I go out of the raceline more than I would like... and I think that the possibility to destroy the car is a motivation to try to keep it between the boundaries of the track... :D

... The pylons were originally made of wood, if were collideable is quite unrealistic...

Well, traversing them as if they were ghosts isn't very realistic either, honestly... Ideally they should behave like a giant cone, although I know it would be a big hit on the CPU...

... You didnt mention the haybales which have a special type of colision that I developed, as hard walls would be unrealistic for those (or did you notice they dont act like any other haybales on any other modders track?). I have often used this with tire barriers on other tracks for a more dynamic reaction...

Yeah, I realize that when I made contact with the haybales (my damn habit of exploring offroad during my races... :cautious:) the car reacts like "jumping" will say, not colliding... and it's a great feature! Cheers for that!

Lastly, I want to insist that what I'm commenting is just my opinion of how I would like the tracks to be... Although I have no idea of developing mods, I understand that sometimes there are certain compromises to make and I know that modding is not an easy thing.

Once again, thanks for your good work. Greetings!

Last edited:
RMI Wood,
Thank you for making this track! I am from a family of SCCA members that raced at the local Southern California tracks from the late 1950's through the early 1990's. My grandparents were crew members for a local couples TR2 at the March 1957 race at Paramount Ranch (see attachments). There are a few other track from that era I would love to see made if you or other are so inclined. They are: Ontario Motor Speedway (oval , with infield road course), Pomona (LA County Fairgrounds West parking lot), Palm Springs Airport, Santa Barbara Street circuit and Orange County Raceway (Orange County Fairgrounds parking lot).
Paramount Ranch was a few years before my arrival in the family, so it was great fun to drive it. Excellent job!
BRE Racer 17

Attachments

• Paramount Ranch 3-9-57 P1small.jpg
    Paramount Ranch 3-9-57 P1small.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Paramount Ranch - March 9_ 10 1957small.jpg
    Paramount Ranch - March 9_ 10 1957small.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Paramount Ranch - 3-9-57 P3small.jpg
    Paramount Ranch - 3-9-57 P3small.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Paramount Ranch - 3-9-57 P20small.jpg
    Paramount Ranch - 3-9-57 P20small.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Paramount Ranch - Pit Pass 3-9-57small.jpg
    Paramount Ranch - Pit Pass 3-9-57small.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 17

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 35 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 6.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.5%