Pinwheel Circuit

Tracks Pinwheel Circuit 2.1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Oh well, not much else to say really I guess. Hopefully next update it will work, otherwise it's impossible to solve without knowing more. Just using Ilya's train example and adapting it. The coaster does stop underground, but appearing out of thin air is a new one. The only suggestion is to try the other ext_config, otherwise I'm flummoxed as to what to do.
I tried the other config but the result was the same I'm afraid.
Very odd!

I tried the other config but the result was the same I'm afraid.
Very odd!
Just checked my AC version, so I'm running 1.16.4 with CSP 0.1.77 and SOL 2.1 (not yet updated to 2.2). I can't imagine a SOL version would affect anything though. This is what I see in game with that particular external_config:

Very mysterious indeed.

Just checked my AC version, so I'm running 1.16.4 with CSP 0.1.77 and SOL 2.1 (not yet updated to 2.2). I can't imagine a SOL version would affect anything though. This is what I see in game with that particular external_config:

Very mysterious indeed.
That looks great - I'm sure there will be a reason and a solution.
I'm on the latest Patreon CSP, latest Pure.

Last edited:
Reactions: je5
je5 updated Pinwheel Circuit with a new update entry:

Pinwheel 0.4

Hello All,
Quite a big overall with quite a bit of visual detail added whilst trying my best to maintain performance. Some of the changelog:
  • Working displays.
  • New speedbumps and kerb detail.
  • Pylons and cables remeshed and detailed.
  • Distant Landscape Wrap
  • Two-faced working clocks.
  • Mesh optimisation including crew area.
  • Posts and chainlink completely remeshed and retextured.
  • Edging and texturing out of the pits improved.
  • Pit roof redone and new buildings...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey, the game crashes when the file pinroller.kn5 is being loaded. Is there something wrong with how I setup the game where this file cannot load?
Thanks for letting me know. It's an odd one, this is the rollercoaster part of the track, however it shouldn't be an issue when the kn5 is loaded (see above for some problems, but this was more to do with CSP and making the coaster move rather than a load error). Anyway, I've recompiled the kn5 again and uploaded here if you want to give it a go instead (just replace the pinroller.kn5 in the pinwheel track folder with this one): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_mPBZ8jmc35x8S3Rc-rpXMuq04Fs5kja/view?usp=sharing

Alternatively, you could try and delete the ext_config.ini file in the extension folder and see if it will run anyway without any CSP features (not ideal, but it might solve the crash problem).

Finally, can I ask which version of CSP you are running? I've just downgraded to 0.1.77 (and a few previous versions also) to check and it still seems to work fine here. As I say, never heard of a crash before so it has me stumped a little.

John.

we found a game breaking bug. if a car on top of the bridges drives over right as a car drives under the bridges, they will collide!

Apparently this happens if the surfaces have the same name, since AC apparently don't know what a height difference is :mad:

Solution is to rename the surface either on the top or bottom.. Also I don't know if it's the mesh or the texture that needs renaming, but I assume the mesh..

We are racing the track again tomorrow, so it would be nice with a very quick fix to avoid further disasters :whistling:

The bug was talked about in ACSM discord some days ago:
Skærmbillede 2022-05-01 112751.png

video of the problem: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/759752236494094370/880301937554251816/stomped.mp4

Other than that, the track is amazing and really good for racing!

we found a game breaking bug. if a car on top of the bridges drives over right as a car drives under the bridges, they will collide!

Apparently this happens if the surfaces have the same name, since AC apparently don't know what a height difference is :mad:

Solution is to rename the surface either on the top or bottom.. Also I don't know if it's the mesh or the texture that needs renaming, but I assume the mesh..

We are racing the track again tomorrow, so it would be nice with a very quick fix to avoid further disasters :whistling:
Hi @Jonah Hax

Sorry to hear that, first time I've heard of this one!

The bridge already had a different mesh name for the physical mesh '4ROAD' as opposed to '1ROAD' for the main track surface which was necessary for the AI to navigate correctly, although both therefore did use the 'ROAD' from the default surfaces.ini file.

The only thing I can think of is to try and change the surface delineation for the bridge road (see image below), so this is now named '4BRIDGEROAD_Bridge' and I have set up a new surface type in the pinwheel data folder just for that section of track. Having test things briefly, it doesn't seem to affect the AI line thankfully, so let's see if this helps your situation! I've uploaded 0.4.1 now with this change.

Unfortunately there are no ks tracks to learn from in this regard. I have already had an issue with the grid not being allowed to be under the crossover (hence it is a little further forward that I would ideally like), which just seems to be a limitation with AC. I hope this is not a similar story!

However, this is a new one on me - never personally had the AI collide but never raced with others other than machines on the track, but not sure why it would be different though. Hope this solves things though, can't think of what else to try.

Finally, can I ask what car you are using? I wonder whether it has part of its collision mesh (you won't see that visually) that is quite high and therefore colliding for a crossover.

John.

The part of the road mesh that has been updated:
4BRIDGEROAD_Bridge.JPG

Thanks for the reply. We were racing the Kunos 312T

Looking at your picture, could it be the orange part next to the surface that have the same mesh?

If you want to race real people instead of AI, come race tonight! :D

Hi @Jonah Hax

Sorry to hear that, first time I've heard of this one!

The bridge already had a different mesh name for the physical mesh '4ROAD' as opposed to '1ROAD' for the main track surface which was necessary for the AI to navigate correctly, although both therefore did use the 'ROAD' from the default surfaces.ini file.

The only thing I can think of is to try and change the surface delineation for the bridge road (see image below), so this is now named '4BRIDGEROAD_Bridge' and I have set up a new surface type in the pinwheel data folder just for that section of track. Having test things briefly, it doesn't seem to affect the AI line thankfully, so let's see if this helps your situation! I've uploaded 0.4.1 now with this change.

Unfortunately there are no ks tracks to learn from in this regard. I have already had an issue with the grid not being allowed to be under the crossover (hence it is a little further forward that I would ideally like), which just seems to be a limitation with AC. I hope this is not a similar story!

However, this is a new one on me - never personally had the AI collide but never raced with others other than machines on the track, but not sure why it would be different though. Hope this solves things though, can't think of what else to try.

Finally, can I ask what car you are using? I wonder whether it has part of its collision mesh (you won't see that visually) that is quite high and therefore colliding for a crossover.

John.

The part of the road mesh that has been updated:
View attachment 563402
I now wonder whether it might be something to do with the kerb naming rather than the track itself (which was already a different mesh). If the two cars in question are riding kerbs with the same mesh name that might be a very rare occurrence but possible. Give me another hour on this one and I'll get back to you!

Edit: The orange part is just the visual groove, so it would be only the physical elements that would cause this. Yes would be up for a race, thanks!

Ok, 0.4.2 is available now @Jonah Hax and @Timo One which includes updated physical kerb, carpet and grass meshes to also avoid any pesky overlaps. I also split the groove just in case, although it probably shouldn't make any difference.

I did have a quick check of the rt_suzuka track just to see how the overlap was named, and they have the same 1ROAD prefix (but different meshes), basically the same as I had it before - which leads me to believe it might be the kerbs. Anyway, hopefully that should sort it - let me know how you get on!

Thanks again, John.

Thanks, I have ordered the minions to get the update! One thing, RD does not show the track as updated yet. But the downloaded file is the updated one.

Reactions: je5

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 60 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%