AC Porsche 911 RSR 3.0 @ Highlands Long

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
JBaeumle I get where you are coming from, but we aim to make these evens accessible to users of all skill levels. We have people who are just a few hours into AC that partake in these, so it helps to get them involved.

The faster guys don't run assists, come on out and have a good time, that's what these events are all about.

Sure, i got the point :) Looking forward to it, last year i remember some cool moments @ Highlands onboard the Countach. I´d be cool if guys like @Bobby Pennington , @Celtic Pharaoh would join us also.

Bobby has helped me IMMENSELY and he races when he can, sadly his health is a barrier at the moment. I think this is going to be a fun, and challenging, race this week.

The RSR 3.0 givveth, and the RSR 3.0 taketh away. :roflmao:

I'm more a ferrari fan, but I'll give it a go in a .... porch?
First run in this league, I hope I can stay up (awake) and be somewhere in the pack. If someone has a good tight setup, that would save me a lot of time!
Thanks

I looked for the setup initially, I don't understand what post #11 is saying about a setup. I don't see any attached. I'm kinda new here so... and a little dense.

I'll try to help. Hopefully I won't skip a step. -- Note: I had trouble finding this setup too at first, so try this:

1. Go to the practice server, Log in and sit in-car. Click on the wrench, located just below the wheel in the list of icons on the left.

2. Listed to the right are all available AC apps. Towards the bottom of the list, there's an app called "Setup Market" - Click on it.

3. A window should open with tracks listed on the left and available setups listed on the right. You should see a setup called "Race Department" or something similar. Click on it to highlight it, then click on "load" on the lower left corner of window. The setup should now be loaded.

4. Close Setup Market app, Click on wheel, and drive.

I hope this helps.

I looked for the setup initially, I don't understand what post #11 is saying about a setup. I don't see any attached. I'm kinda new here so... and a little dense.

This might help. This should be a direct download link to the setup in question.
thesetupmarket.com/setup_files/55c2cddddebcbba924bb2a34/5c94f6c92c91660a061123da

I don't use the setup market app in game, so went to see if I could direct d/l and install in game on my own, and indeed one can.

ETA: The link doesn't seem to display correctly. Just copy and paste it into a search bar and it will take you directly to the d/l.

OK, you have to install the app, which I did, one has to create a *.sp with the same name to see the setup. Anyway, I got it thanks all, CYA tonight.

Is there somewhere to find what the optium PSI or TEMPs are for the tires?

once you are out of the pits and on track move your mouse cursor to the right and the list of "apps" will show up. Once you are scrolling through those one called tires comes up. Click on it and move it where you want it.

tires should be green when they are at the proper temp. temp is more important than pressure in my experience. To lower temps raise tire pressure and vice versa. On some tracks / tire combos you cannot achieve good temp.

The most important thing is to prevent the tires from overheating. if your tires turn yellow / orange around corners increase pressure.

JBaeumle and lhcaetano I get where you are coming from, but we aim to make these evens accessible to users of all skill levels. We have people who are just a few hours into AC that partake in these, so it helps to get them involved.

The faster guys don't run assists, come on out and have a good time, that's what these events are all about.
Hi Scott.
I strongly diverge from this kind of approach.
Since we're talking about a simulator, we should always try to keep the best efforts on the simulation, otherwise, at least in my opinion, I'd just rather go with some other racing game.
Assetto Corsa should be used in the proper way of "as real as it gets."
If people keep on insisting in using assistance, they'll surely never learn or will take forever to catch up.
To overcome this learning curve, RD should come back with the Driving Lessons, to the least.
This classical beauty that the Carrera 911 3.0 RSR represents, with assists ON, is an Appetite Killer for any true simracer.

Last edited:
Scott, Thanks for hosting again tonight. Even though I brought up the rear in both races, I accomplished a lot. Seven seconds under my previous PB and for the first time, I didn't get lapped! ;)

(Of course, that would have truly been pathetic in a 5 lap race where the leaders are running 4 minutes/lap!)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 85 29.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 58 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 61 21.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.3%