Porsche 911 Singer

Cars Porsche 911 Singer 1.2 (csp)

Login or Register an account to download this content
dud, you can try the gyro effect out. It emulates some of that wheel getting lighter at speed.

Untitled1.jpg

Reactions: dud
Ben O'Bro updated Porsche 911 Singer with a new update entry:

Physics + more 3D stuff

TODO :
  • LODs
  • seatbelt on/off
  • dirt/damage (if any...)
  • brake position (?)
  • improve dirt on windshield
  • 1.0 ....
Fixed & Done :
  • reflect in dials
  • key to ignition ;)
  • did driver position & animation
  • took shamelessly another anim for the shifting preventing me from going crazy over it tonight :rolleyes: (190EVO2... who knew)
  • fixed collider material (causing issue online)
  • improved materials in...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Changelog for you bois who won't read the updated OP post anyway:

- Raised frontal surface area slightly: estimation for now
- Changed spoiler activation from 80km/h to 96km/h as per Singer website
- Changed design of yaw drag fins
- Changed default ARB rates
- Changed brakes from 993TT with 55bar P/V to 993TT with no P/V
- Changed final gear from incorrect stock 3.444 value to 4.000 value as per R&T test sheet
- Changed power from 390whp figure to 390bhp figure
- General tire changes

Does it really? The likely reason for the wheel getting lighter at speed is pneumatic trail changing, probably differently from how it does in AC.

Gyro effect would just make it mildly stiffer, not softer, wouldn't it.

Ignoring lift/downforce conditions and when going straight, contact patch should decrease with speed, as the faster a tire spins, the centrifugal force wants to thin out all the its mass into one plane (dragsters warming up as an extreme example). That's exactly the feel i get on my t300 with this option on, at least. In turns you generate more load/grip, therefore no way it can be lighter.

Just tried the update. The car feels the best that it ever has. Such a superbly responsive ride that i can't wait to try it on Fat Alfie's Fonteny marvel and those new Canyons..

Very rare gem this car is. As much in real life as it is in game.

Last edited:
To my understanding, the gyro effect in AC is essentially just a damper. So that DD wheels without any real damping can get a more realistic, controllable feel. That's what the gyro effect will cause when you turn the wheel, won't it.

It sounds like people are talking about the wheel being lighter in turns: which could be an effect of the pneumatic trail changing. *shrug*

Version 0.964: no visible readout in the gauges. Got to revert back to my old working version...
try get in touch with ilja, and/or post on CSP discord
not much i can do here, i don't understand what's the issue, i even tried all the latest versions, and it all works fine here and with the few people testing it :/

try get in touch with ilja, and/or post on CSP discord
not much i can do here, i don't understand what's the issue, i even tried all the latest versions, and it all works fine here and with the few people testing it :/
I posted on discord a few days ago. Only got a respons from leBluem that other cars were affected, but no working solution.
Btw: to get the gauges of the Cats working again, I also need to revert to a previous version of CSP.

I posted on discord a few days ago. Only got a respons from leBluem that other cars were affected, but no working solution.
Btw: to get the gauges of the Cats working again, I also need to revert to a previous version of CSP.
OT: with a gauge glitch affected csp version on your system, close CM, temporarily backup everything under documents\assetto corsa\cfg\extension and delete everything on that folder to revert csp to defaults. Then start a session and check if the problem remains. This is just to track if there's any of your custom settings causing it (so you can pin it down on that csp version).

Last edited:
OT: with a gauge glitch affected csp version on your system, close CM, temporarily backup everything under documents\assetto corsa\cfg\extension and delete everything on that folder to revert csp to defaults. Then start a session and check if the problem remains. This is just to track if there's any of your custom settings causing it (so you can pin it down on that csp version).

Tried that: no change...
Reverting to CSP 205 (which normally brought the gauges readout back for the Singer) now doesn't work anymore.
The Caterham Academy lost the issue: gauges are back, even on CSP 245...

Version 0.964: no visible readout in the gauges. Got to revert back to my old working version...
Same here, but until there's a proper solution just use the kn5 from the 'working dials' test car (that Ben sent us last week) with this latest download. Dials have numbers then and you can use the new physics.

@AlleyViper
After reinstalling the backup the gauges readout in the Caterham Academy keep working, so that issue is gone. The Singer rests as it is (unless I use an older KN5 as @Mascot does too).
Thanks for helping anyway.
CSP Preview 245 has just been released - see if it solves it?
x4fabToday at 11:00 PM
v0.1.25-preview245 • Grass FX for new procedural grass (still WIP though, far from good); • Particles FX: sparks reworked, new particles for pieces and marbles, a few fixes for smoke and dust; • Smart Shadows: adaptive distances for better distant shadows with Extra FX; • Extra FX: • New approach for bounced lights, quite fast; • Screen-space lights (for now, only sparks); • New IMGUI-based apps (very WIP, more to come later); • Python apps: include icons in main app folder by naming them as “app.png” or “<form name>.png”: • Make it a simple icon without circle or background, patch would turn it into regular style icon; • Vertex shadows for trees (at least as a temporary fix); • Proper alpha-to-coverage for grass, trees and ksPerPixelAT (no more banding, instead, it’s used for anti-aliasing as it should be); • Specular lighting is affected by Lambert diffuse multiplier to get rid of wrong speculars; • New ksPerPixel_ppfog shader: simplest ksPerPixel, but with per-pixel fog, for tracks with some huge triangles (better to not do that though); • New biased double face shadow option for track meshes; • Option for alternative flip model initialization, improving performance a bit; • Improved auto-focus with Ctrl+Click, now working without photomode as well; • Use Ctrl+End to deactivate depth of field effect; • New taskbar: option for new icons style; • Align free camera vertically by pressing Ctrl+F7; • Car instrument inputs: • Set pivot for min/max mode, allowing to pick value the most or the least different from the pivot; • New input: POSITION, for race position; • New INPUT_THRESHOLD_LOWER/INPUT_THRESHOLD_UPPER options; • Cornering lights now would only work with headlights enabled; • Fixes.

What's done to the tyres in the new update?
The pendulum effect also on speeds beyond 100/120kmh is pretty severe. Like almost 'uncontrollable' and 'unreal'. IMHO off course!

Cheers
Robin

I think its just a matter of you getting used to the car. This and the 993 are the first proper vintage 911s we've ever had in Assetto Corsa. I don't count the RSR as its a track car and handles more like a mid engine car IMHO.

I've put a little over 5000km on the Singer and it responds like I feel a pre 993 911 should. At higher speeds on sweepers and at turn-in the rear end can get a bit loose and catch you off guard if you aren't accustomed to classic 911 handling characteristics. Which is par for the course with a Porsche 911. You have to mind your entry speeds in this one. HAHAHA

I might be biased although I think its spot to how it should be or bloody close.

Fanapryde, I just installed 0.964 and CSP preview 245. No issues whatsoever. I would do a CSP reinstall, starting with preview 49, then 245. If you tried and it doesn't work, my hunch is that it's due to CM settings.

Screenshot_bo_singer_feldberg_28-10-119-8-38-29.jpg

What's done to the tyres in the new update?
The pendulum effect also on speeds beyond 100/120kmh is pretty severe. Like almost 'uncontrollable' and 'unreal'. IMHO off course!

Cheers
Robin
Heating, and I think I touched the load sensitivity and rounded up some values for clarity.

The car seems to run a stronger rear ARB than any stock 911 ever did, so if it's not what you're used to, maybe turn down the R ARB down into the lower settings. Very lowest setting should be USDM 17mm. Alignment is also more aggressive than the typical settings. I'm assuming you mean oversteer on turn-in. It won't understeer like some of the older cars would in a similar scenario, I suppose.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 57 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%