Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Information On New Tyre Wear
With The New Patch There Has Been A Change In How The Tyre's React Especially when it comes to Overheating, Happens alot faster and is Harder to manage it seems Once They Start Dropping off You Do Actually Lose Noticeable Time, i also noticed that when the tyre gauge has gone down completely that's the tyres done you will just spin in the majority of corners and traction zones wont just let you keep going anymore So This Race will be very Interesting especially If Your battling will be even worse. The Wet/Intermediate Tyre's Are Just As Bad For More So On Wear Here so whatever the weather race will be fun :) There are Ways To Fix It Though ;)

SIGN-UP

We want you! If you’re a clean racer and you have Project CARS, we will be glad to have you on board! We race… as you may have guessed, on Friday nights with the start time around 8:00pm UK Time. This league is a league dedicated to GT3 cars, with a range of cars able to participate. The only GT3 car we do not allow is the Bentley Continental GT3, as it has a significant performance advantage over the rest of the field. We have an approximate 1 hour 30 minute schedule for the races, however the final race of the season has a 2 hour 30 minute slot as the race is double the length. To see the full calendar, move to the Event Calendar thread. All you have to do is read and obey the Rules and Regulations, choose a car to use, join a team, join a session with one of our experienced racers (@Andrew Holmes, @Adam Morris, @Ben Milden) and turn up on time! Don’t hesitate to sign up below!

Full Name:
* Matt Brigden
PSN ID:* s7ink3y_f1ng3r5

Q: After the close walls of Monaco, are you happy to see run-offs again?
Yeah although I don't particularly like Silverstone. :unsure:
Q: With the increased tyre wear here, will your race strategy change?
I'll just drive as far as the tyres allow, so about 6 laps.
Q: Will you prioritise handling or speed for Silverstone?
What is this speed you speak of?
Q (Brits only):
With random weather here, what do you think the forecast will be?
Rain then heavy rain and a nice thunderstorm to finish. :cry:

wow, are you guys getting those times taking it easy on the tires? my first attempt at practice and my tires are all 260 within 3 laps :confused: not even really pushing it either?
can't even better a 1:31 without them catching fire! gonna try some laps to conserve tires but the times will be like 1:35 lol
track temp is only 97 so damn this doesn't look good right now :poop:

No no, my tires were red after two laps but I'm hoping my tires will stabilize after about 10 laps or so. I have only run about 15 laps consecutively. Fast lap with fuel was 1:31.ish. You'd have to back way off to keep the tires green. Mediums seem to be better temp wise. A possible choice come race time. I can't run anymore laps this week until Sunday, as I'm on holiday.

No no, my tires were red after two laps but I'm hoping my tires will stabilize after about 10 laps or so. I have only run about 15 laps consecutively. Fast lap with fuel was 1:31.ish. You'd have to back way off to keep the tires green. Mediums seem to be better temp wise. A possible choice come race time. I can't run anymore laps this week until Sunday, as I'm on holiday.
oh ok, sorry got confused by the wording! yeah ok that's given me some more hope lol, it really makes Sonoma less fun because you have to back off so much, too much IMO but I'll look up real GT3 times there now for comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%